R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2011, 06:08 PM   #3121
Tech Elite
 
RCCARTMAN's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Shippensburg PA
Posts: 4,067
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

video of ROAR

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
G's R/C Raceway www.gsrc.us Shippensburg PA 17257 (717)530-5200 Thanks for your support. Looking for Region 2 Racing? http://region2racing.com
RCCARTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #3122
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 407
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Hat's off to Garland, Jack and Robbin for hosting a Class A ROAR event! Us racers and factory teams are blessed to have the opportunity to attend a track with so much passion invested in it's build and upkeep. There is no other track on the eastern board with the features G's RC Raceway has permanently built in. Plus their hospitality and facilities set a high bar. I was throwing up thru my nose while Robin stirred up rehydration formulas! Hat's off to Brad and Brian for their time/labor prepping the track/stand too.

It was also a pleasure watching Kash slowly and surely wheel the SsC Slash 4x4 Demo truck to an a-main win while Chase took over my wheel (after getting sick) to weave his way to 5th in a-main from a 1st in b-main qualifier (I left him with). In a pack full of Losi (even on 3cell) and AE's it's good to watch the name that started the class, finish on top for a change!

See ya'll in 2012!
SSCLCG.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #3123
Tech Elite
 
RCCARTMAN's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Shippensburg PA
Posts: 4,067
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

some more pics here, and some didn't turn out so great so I will try to fix them when I get time































































































__________________
G's R/C Raceway www.gsrc.us Shippensburg PA 17257 (717)530-5200 Thanks for your support. Looking for Region 2 Racing? http://region2racing.com
RCCARTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:25 PM   #3124
Tech Elite
 
Kash$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sykesville, MD
Posts: 2,687
Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCLCG.com View Post
Hat's off to Garland, Jack and Robbin for hosting a Class A ROAR event! Us racers and factory teams are blessed to have the opportunity to attend a track with so much passion invested in it's build and upkeep. There is no other track on the eastern board with the features G's RC Raceway has permanently built in. Plus their hospitality and facilities set a high bar. I was throwing up thru my nose while Robin stirred up rehydration formulas! Hat's off to Brad and Brian for their time/labor prepping the track/stand too.

It was also a pleasure watching Kash slowly and surely wheel the SsC Slash 4x4 Demo truck to an a-main win while Chase took over my wheel (after getting sick) to weave his way to 5th in a-main from a 1st in b-main qualifier (I left him with). In a pack full of Losi (even on 3cell) and AE's it's good to watch the name that started the class, finish on top for a change!

See ya'll in 2012!
Thanks Mark, hope to see you again soon if not good luck with your company, the truck rocks.
__________________
Kash "Money" Krickler .
Mugen Seiki / J Concepts / Airtronics/Sanwa USA / LC Racing , Baton Inc. / VIPER / REDS Racing USA / VP Racing Fuels / Tekno RC / Boca Bearings / G's Raceway & Hobbies / Waldorf RC / Upgrade RC / Kal Gaurd Lubricants /
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:25 PM   #3125
Tech Elite
 
Kash$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sykesville, MD
Posts: 2,687
Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCARTMAN View Post
video of ROAR

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Great vids G ..
__________________
Kash "Money" Krickler .
Mugen Seiki / J Concepts / Airtronics/Sanwa USA / LC Racing , Baton Inc. / VIPER / REDS Racing USA / VP Racing Fuels / Tekno RC / Boca Bearings / G's Raceway & Hobbies / Waldorf RC / Upgrade RC / Kal Gaurd Lubricants /
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #3126
Tech Master
 
style-n-speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Enola, PA
Posts: 1,154
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

All I can say is WOW! this place looks amazing. I am from Enola which is just right up 81 near Harrisburg. When is the track open to practice? I would love to come down and get on that SWEET Track! I am sure the weekends are for Racing, but can you come down and run on the track during the week? Thanks for any info. -Brad
style-n-speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #3127
Tech Elite
 
RCCARTMAN's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Shippensburg PA
Posts: 4,067
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by style-n-speed View Post
All I can say is WOW! this place looks amazing. I am from Enola which is just right up 81 near Harrisburg. When is the track open to practice? I would love to come down and get on that SWEET Track! I am sure the weekends are for Racing, but can you come down and run on the track during the week? Thanks for any info. -Brad
We only race on Sundays, except for special races like ROAR or RCOS that occur on Saturdays.
Practice is open for Thursday, Friday(12-6:45)
Saturday (11-5:45)
Monday (11-5:45). Hope to see you soon.
We are right off of Rt. 81, exit 24. If you are coming from the north, you make a right off of exit 24, down 1/4 mile and we're on the right. Robin
__________________
G's R/C Raceway www.gsrc.us Shippensburg PA 17257 (717)530-5200 Thanks for your support. Looking for Region 2 Racing? http://region2racing.com
RCCARTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #3128
Tech Master
 
style-n-speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Enola, PA
Posts: 1,154
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the info Robin, I can't wait to try out the track. Thanks -Brad
style-n-speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:19 PM   #3129
Tech Elite
 
RCCARTMAN's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Shippensburg PA
Posts: 4,067
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

We are having a points race sunday if you can make it.. there are a few new faces coming so why not be another.
__________________
G's R/C Raceway www.gsrc.us Shippensburg PA 17257 (717)530-5200 Thanks for your support. Looking for Region 2 Racing? http://region2racing.com
RCCARTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #3130
Tech Regular
 
Sportin' Wood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Somerset, PA
Posts: 301
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Ty & I will be there Sunday + friend
Electric Truggy & "2" Mod 4x4 SCT
__________________
smoke (smōk)
a. vaporous matter arising from something burning and made visible by minute particles of carbon suspended in it
b. something without substance, significance, or lasting reality
Sportin' Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:42 PM   #3131
Tech Master
 
style-n-speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Enola, PA
Posts: 1,154
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCARTMAN View Post
We are having a points race sunday if you can make it.. there are a few new faces coming so why not be another.
I would love too, but I have prior commitments on Sun. Do you get many people on the track on Sats practicing?
style-n-speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:41 AM   #3132
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cburg
Posts: 5
Default Perspective from a noob

Garland, I hope you get some relief soon. No one knows that kind of pain until they've been there.


I'm new to this hobby (but an older curmudgeon). You'll not find better people than G, Jack and Robin; people that treat you like family. That's becoming rare these days. I still can't imagine the hard work they put into this, just from their passion for the sport.
This is an amazing, addicting sport, indescribably fun!

Thanks for all your hard work.

Last edited by Bustinstuff; 07-24-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Bustinstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #3133
Tech Elite
 
RCCARTMAN's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Shippensburg PA
Posts: 4,067
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportin' Wood View Post
Ty & I will be there Sunday + friend
Electric Truggy & "2" Mod 4x4 SCT
Sweet, hope you all can make it. It is should be alot of fun. Supposed to be a little cooler, but we will have plenty of ice water for drinking.
Robin
__________________
G's R/C Raceway www.gsrc.us Shippensburg PA 17257 (717)530-5200 Thanks for your support. Looking for Region 2 Racing? http://region2racing.com
RCCARTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #3134
Tech Elite
 
RCCARTMAN's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Shippensburg PA
Posts: 4,067
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

should be a nice day for racing tomorrow. We have some racers traveling from other state.. and a family is staying at the hotel in town for the race tomorrow
__________________
G's R/C Raceway www.gsrc.us Shippensburg PA 17257 (717)530-5200 Thanks for your support. Looking for Region 2 Racing? http://region2racing.com
RCCARTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:43 AM   #3135
Tech Elite
 
RCCARTMAN's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Shippensburg PA
Posts: 4,067
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

We are racing.. Gotta get done by 5 though because it looks like the rain is gonna bust loose at 6pm. Only a 30% chance of shower at 3pm. Radar looks like it is missing Shippensburg from the North and South
__________________
G's R/C Raceway www.gsrc.us Shippensburg PA 17257 (717)530-5200 Thanks for your support. Looking for Region 2 Racing? http://region2racing.com
RCCARTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
G'S R/C Raceway Shippensburg PA RCCARTMAN Track Locator Forum 20 03-11-2012 07:53 AM
G's RC Raceway in Shippensburg,PA!!! Off-road and dirt oval!!!! IMPACTPLAYR Racing Forum 12 04-30-2011 07:05 PM
which is the best 2wd offroad xxblackheartxx2 Electric Off-Road 19 04-07-2008 05:15 AM
SoCal Offroad RACERS!! Weekly offroad 10th and 12th scale racing! Syber Serulean Track Locator Forum 14 01-15-2008 12:30 PM
FYI off-road, oval, large-scale; Shippensburg Beeen Oval, Larger Scales and More 0 11-16-2005 12:41 PM


Tags
team h-town, _______________


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:43 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net