R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 07-20-2011, 06:08 PM   #3121
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

video of ROAR

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #3122
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hat's off to Garland, Jack and Robbin for hosting a Class A ROAR event! Us racers and factory teams are blessed to have the opportunity to attend a track with so much passion invested in it's build and upkeep. There is no other track on the eastern board with the features G's RC Raceway has permanently built in. Plus their hospitality and facilities set a high bar. I was throwing up thru my nose while Robin stirred up rehydration formulas! Hat's off to Brad and Brian for their time/labor prepping the track/stand too.

It was also a pleasure watching Kash slowly and surely wheel the SsC Slash 4x4 Demo truck to an a-main win while Chase took over my wheel (after getting sick) to weave his way to 5th in a-main from a 1st in b-main qualifier (I left him with). In a pack full of Losi (even on 3cell) and AE's it's good to watch the name that started the class, finish on top for a change!

See ya'll in 2012!
SSCLCG.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #3123
Tech Elite

some more pics here, and some didn't turn out so great so I will try to fix them when I get time

Old 07-21-2011, 07:25 PM   #3124
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCLCG.com View Post
Hat's off to Garland, Jack and Robbin for hosting a Class A ROAR event! Us racers and factory teams are blessed to have the opportunity to attend a track with so much passion invested in it's build and upkeep. There is no other track on the eastern board with the features G's RC Raceway has permanently built in. Plus their hospitality and facilities set a high bar. I was throwing up thru my nose while Robin stirred up rehydration formulas! Hat's off to Brad and Brian for their time/labor prepping the track/stand too.

It was also a pleasure watching Kash slowly and surely wheel the SsC Slash 4x4 Demo truck to an a-main win while Chase took over my wheel (after getting sick) to weave his way to 5th in a-main from a 1st in b-main qualifier (I left him with). In a pack full of Losi (even on 3cell) and AE's it's good to watch the name that started the class, finish on top for a change!

See ya'll in 2012!
Thanks Mark, hope to see you again soon if not good luck with your company, the truck rocks.
Mugen Seiki / J Concepts / Airtronics/Sanwa USA / LC Racing , Baton Inc. / VIPER / REDS Racing USA / VP Racing Fuels / Tekno RC / Boca Bearings / G's Raceway & Hobbies / Waldorf RC / Upgrade RC / Kal Gaurd Lubricants /
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:25 PM   #3125
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCARTMAN View Post
video of ROAR

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video
Great vids G ..
Mugen Seiki / J Concepts / Airtronics/Sanwa USA / LC Racing , Baton Inc. / VIPER / REDS Racing USA / VP Racing Fuels / Tekno RC / Boca Bearings / G's Raceway & Hobbies / Waldorf RC / Upgrade RC / Kal Gaurd Lubricants /
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #3126
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

All I can say is WOW! this place looks amazing. I am from Enola which is just right up 81 near Harrisburg. When is the track open to practice? I would love to come down and get on that SWEET Track! I am sure the weekends are for Racing, but can you come down and run on the track during the week? Thanks for any info. -Brad
style-n-speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #3127
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by style-n-speed View Post
All I can say is WOW! this place looks amazing. I am from Enola which is just right up 81 near Harrisburg. When is the track open to practice? I would love to come down and get on that SWEET Track! I am sure the weekends are for Racing, but can you come down and run on the track during the week? Thanks for any info. -Brad
We only race on Sundays, except for special races like ROAR or RCOS that occur on Saturdays.
Practice is open for Thursday, Friday(12-6:45)
Saturday (11-5:45)
Monday (11-5:45). Hope to see you soon.
We are right off of Rt. 81, exit 24. If you are coming from the north, you make a right off of exit 24, down 1/4 mile and we're on the right. Robin
Old 07-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #3128
Tech Master

Thanks for the info Robin, I can't wait to try out the track. Thanks -Brad
Old 07-22-2011, 02:19 PM   #3129
Tech Elite

We are having a points race sunday if you can make it.. there are a few new faces coming so why not be another.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #3130
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ty & I will be there Sunday + friend
Electric Truggy & "2" Mod 4x4 SCT
Sportin' Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:42 PM   #3131
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCARTMAN View Post
We are having a points race sunday if you can make it.. there are a few new faces coming so why not be another.
I would love too, but I have prior commitments on Sun. Do you get many people on the track on Sats practicing?
Old 07-23-2011, 07:41 AM   #3132
Tech Rookie

Default Perspective from a noob

Garland, I hope you get some relief soon. No one knows that kind of pain until they've been there.

I'm new to this hobby (but an older curmudgeon). You'll not find better people than G, Jack and Robin; people that treat you like family. That's becoming rare these days. I still can't imagine the hard work they put into this, just from their passion for the sport.
This is an amazing, addicting sport, indescribably fun!

Thanks for all your hard work.

Last edited by Bustinstuff; 07-24-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Bustinstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #3133
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportin' Wood View Post
Ty & I will be there Sunday + friend
Electric Truggy & "2" Mod 4x4 SCT
Sweet, hope you all can make it. It is should be alot of fun. Supposed to be a little cooler, but we will have plenty of ice water for drinking.
Robin
Old 07-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #3134
Tech Elite

should be a nice day for racing tomorrow. We have some racers traveling from other state.. and a family is staying at the hotel in town for the race tomorrow
Old 07-24-2011, 04:43 AM   #3135
Tech Elite

We are racing.. Gotta get done by 5 though because it looks like the rain is gonna bust loose at 6pm. Only a 30% chance of shower at 3pm. Radar looks like it is missing Shippensburg from the North and South