R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 06-30-2011, 11:18 AM   #2926
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default I am confused as usual

I have know idea what Kashville is talking about.
I am planning on racing there this Sunday.
As far as the last guy with the numbered cone idea is great.
TonyWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:30 AM   #2927
Tech Elite

On another note with marshalling when setting up the classes best not to have guys back to back.
For example
1. Stock Short Course
2. Nitro Buggy
3. Nitro Buggy
4. Mod Short Course
5. Nitro Truggy
6. Nitro Truggy
7. E-Buggy Heat one
8. E-Buggy Heat Two
For qualifying all classes have to run after the first heat.
So all E buggy classes back to back
P.S. I have run a track before so I know it is not easy and you can't please everyone. Last time there it was Me and the Miz and Mr. TQ who fixed the triples.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:55 PM   #2928
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Marshalling heats for back to back racing is not the directors problem. I am not speaking for G or anyone elses track. It's the racers responsibility to have a marshall. Somehow guys seem to think that it is the race directors issue to arrange the heats to suit them better. If you can't cover the marshalling spot, then don't run all the classes. Your race fees do not include the right not to hold up your end of the bargain.

Motorama on the nitro side had the best marshalling rules I have seen. Not one track owner this year locally that I am aware of is willing to go this far though. First, no cars leave the pit lane without all marshalls in place. Not even for practice. Second, all cars go to the impound table immediately. All drivers then go directly to the track to the assigned number spot as their heat sheet. The threat of docking laps is not working anywhere. The threat of the next heats drivers not even getting to practice and warm up until all the marshalls are on the track seems to work.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:56 PM   #2929
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyWest View Post
On another note with marshalling when setting up the classes best not to have guys back to back.
For example
1. Stock Short Course
2. Nitro Buggy
3. Nitro Buggy
4. Mod Short Course
5. Nitro Truggy
6. Nitro Truggy
7. E-Buggy Heat one
8. E-Buggy Heat Two
For qualifying all classes have to run after the first heat.
So all E buggy classes back to back
P.S. I have run a track before so I know it is not easy and you can't please everyone. Last time there it was Me and the Miz and Mr. TQ who fixed the triples.

fixed means it was broke yet I watched Josh clear it like a champ eight or nine times. Running buggy right after stock short course is not safe as many of them are kids.
just my 2 cents
TRADLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #2930
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRADLER View Post
fixed means it was broke yet I watched Josh clear it like a champ eight or nine times. Running buggy right after stock short course is not safe as many of them are kids.
just my 2 cents
I think it would be justice to have Truggy and 1/8&E buggy marshall each other. That way the big kids marshall the big kids, and the people that get to run long/multiple mains get to marshall long/multiple mains.

Who wants to run 10 and marshall 20?
Old 06-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #2931
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
What's the role call for 17.5 sct looking like?
Old 06-30-2011, 05:09 PM   #2932
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTO1 Racr View Post
What's the role call for 17.5 sct looking like?
17.5 is open esc right? I have a Ultima DB that is itching to see dirt...
"The Track" in Gaithersburg, MD || G's RC Raceway, Shippensburg, PA || ECH, Winchester, VA ||
jetsetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:49 PM   #2933
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Garland were you able to get ahold of Bowie for this weekend of announcing ?
Mugen Seiki / J Concepts / Airtronics/Sanwa USA / LC Racing , Baton Inc. / VIPER / REDS Racing USA / VP Racing Fuels / Tekno RC / Boca Bearings / G's Raceway & Hobbies / Waldorf RC / Upgrade RC / Kal Gaurd Lubricants /
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #2934
Tech Regular

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetter View Post
17.5 is open esc right? I have a Ultima DB that is itching to see dirt...
Ok. see ya sunday then.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:36 PM   #2935
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Guys ask me repeatedly why I don't take the 'interior triples' when I can make them. Answer - I don't want to rely on "good" turn-marshaling. The number of the turn-marshals is not the problem - the attitude and education is.

No offense to nitro guys - as a electric 4wd SCT racer - I don't like turn-marshaling nitro classes (but I do). Not because of the time, but because I am not familiar with the cars, can not start one, and may not be able to "safley" - for my own sake - turn-marshal a nitro vehicle. Not Trying To Loose Any Fingers - not trying to get hit by a huge, heavy, fast, hot, car.

I don't like the idea of an impound table. I have seen many programs run efficiently without one.

G's is my 'home' dirt track; therefore, I hope we can all get along and have fun racing.

Signed - Spoiled Mimi The Track Racer.

Last edited by SMcD; 07-01-2011 at 12:30 AM. Reason: For Content ;)
SMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:04 AM   #2936
Tech Elite

Wow is all I can say. Every idea that we have seen work elsewhere gets shot down. If you guys have not noticed racing in this area overall is on a decline. We need to step up and come together before we are left with no where to race.

Last edited by TonyWest; 07-01-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:31 AM   #2937
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to skipnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by goehm View Post
A good rule of thumb is probably for anyone to offer to actually HELP make a change they recommend. If I was an owner, and someone said that they'd help me put in a nice set of triples or something, I'd take it a lot more seriously. Otherwise I'd add it to my list of ideas and evaluate that along with the 5,000 other items on the agenda!
Couldn't agree more. Anyone can talk but show up and work. Bring your tools that is what I did!!!

I spent a race day marshaling without racing. I also brought my wife's cousin with me. I spent the next weekend racing, marshaling, and taking pictures. I spent about 3.5-4 hours yesterday help make the track better. My wife's cousin's was with me each time I was there. He's going to turn 14 tomorrow. I brought him along both times and explained to him marshaling is part of it. Thats the best thing to do is to bring someone.

Another thing I noticed was guys run a couple of classes. Limit that to two classes or if they have a marshal with them then they can run another class. Some of you also know that there were very young kids marshaling in classes they probably shouldn't have. If for any reason to marshal maybe this should be one of the most important reasons or the most important!!! I'm kinda off of this subject now.

I can say what G has decided to do is very much improved the track. Also I was one that said he could leave it alone because I liked it and didn't think he needed anything to change. The table top is awesome and the landing with that is great. Now for some reason I hit it going backwards better then forward but after practicing going forward a little more hopefully that will change. We moved some dirt around yesterday and it seems like the moved some dirt around Wednesday.

Can't wait to the track is put back together completely to get some full practice runs.
skipnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:17 AM   #2938
Tech Regular

Quote:
Wow is all I can say. Every idea that we have scene work elsewhere gets shot down. If you guys have not noticed racing in this area overall is on a decline. We need to step up and come together before we are left with no where to race.
ideas are more than on line... all im saying is... YOU RACE...then..... YOU MARSHALL.... impound fixes that...your car sits and you find your numbered spot.. case closed
Old 07-01-2011, 05:54 AM   #2939
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Wow is all I can say. Every idea that we have scene work elsewhere gets shot down. If you guys have not noticed racing in this area overall is on a decline. We need to step up and come together before we are left with no where to race.
Tony,
Nitro may be declining, but e-buggy is growing FAST. Every track I have been to this season has had at least a 5 car B-main and 8-10 car A-main. One week there were only 3 nitro buggies ;-).
One day when people are talking about racing 1/8 buggy it will mean e-buggy, you will eventually have to specify Nitro I know that's hard for the nitro guys to hear, but it is coming

~Ron
"The Track" in Gaithersburg, MD || G's RC Raceway, Shippensburg, PA || ECH, Winchester, VA ||
jetsetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:02 AM   #2940
Tech Elite

Tony how many RCOS races have you attended? Talk about ideas getting shot down.

I look forward to coming to G's and putting on a race. It will be fun. I will have a few new tricks up my sleeve by then.
Homer Allman is offline   Reply With Quote