R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 06-28-2011, 07:15 AM   #2881
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Can't make it again this weekend. Kids are in the local July 4th parade on Sunday. And next weekend I'm out of town for a wedding.

Really getting withdrawals. See you guys in 3 weeks!
goehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:20 AM   #2882
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRADLER View Post
THATS HITTING IT RIGHT ON THE BULLSEYE!!!! Instead of complaining next time your at the track and G says we need marshalls look for the guys that just walked off the stand and hiding pits. their easy to find, there the ones trying to look busy.
You're my hero. America is in the shape it's in because of the LAZZZZZZY people that live in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOT EVERYONE GETS A CHANCE TO OWN AND RACE RC CARS....IF YOU DO, YOU SHOULD APPRECIATE IT!
OSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:53 AM   #2883
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSR View Post
You're my hero. America is in the shape it's in because of the LAZZZZZZY people that live in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I try not to complain about marshaling simply because I am unable to marshal myself but, I do agree a TON OF TIME is wasted calling for marshals!! If the marshals that do not show up to do their job after they race are docked a lap just one time, I bet they show up the next time!
Old 06-28-2011, 11:22 AM   #2884
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Impound table...put an impound table at the right side of the drivers stand...come down off the hill, pick your car up, and put it on the table...EASY AS THAT!!!

Last time I raced...most people pit in front of the shop, so put the table far from the pit area and problem solved...
lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:25 AM   #2885
Tech Apprentice

How far is your track from Ithaca NY?
www.Jerrysrcraceway.com
jerryraceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:10 PM   #2886
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I will have to get some tables.

Jerry its about 267 miles from Ithaca... by the way I saw pics of your track... good job sir.

Folks I have been brainstorming on the marshal idea and I understand its not as fun to marshal as it is to race but it is necessary. If you have a teen or a friend that can come with you all to the track to marshal that may spark an interest in racing and in turn create more marshals. We have been getting alot of volunteers that arent even racers. I love to marshal (personally) but due to my current situation I cant so I dont race either. I have even considered having people marshal the class before theirs and if they arent out there they dont race their race, but that probably will deter folks from racing at my facility and I am struggling to make ends meet now with the few loyal folks supporting us. So lets come to some kind of resolution to make the experience here as pleasant as possible.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #2887
Tech Elite

I've got some guys calling already about Sundays race... apparently people want to get out on our track to prepare for the ROAR race.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #2888
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)

I personally dont have a problem marshalling either. I had to fix my truggy after one heat and had someone marshall for me. # or 5 minutes in between heats is plenty of time for the people who raced the class before to take their stuff back and get back to the track to marshall. The # ideas on cones where marshallling is needed the most is a great idea. That way u know exactly who is suppossed to be there.As far as the questoion I posted about start time. I dont care where truggies run, but I have to be out of there by 4:30 or 4:45. Getiing out of bed at 4 am is hard enough without Having to rush home from racing to shower and do the things I need t odo before I go to bed. That is why I understand the people wh oget up early for the long drive to the track.
rceefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:55 PM   #2889
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default TRACK WORK

G I'll be up about 330 and could you order me two jconcept high flow bodies for rc8be and ss caliper blue insects and rims yellow please, i think dave need a set of tires to same thing.
c u tomorrow
TRADLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:05 PM   #2890
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Ahhh come on. We all know that Bob wants to have more kids so they can do all the marshalling. Not sure his wife has agreed to the plan though.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:39 PM   #2891
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to skipnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRADLER View Post
THATS HITTING IT RIGHT ON THE BULLSEYE!!!! Instead of complaining next time your at the track and G says we need marshalls look for the guys that just walked off the stand and hiding pits. their easy to find, there the ones trying to look busy.
I for one brought my marshall and he did his fair share. I also want to say it seemed like alot of the E buggy guys were marshalling over and over again. Yes I understand there was two classes of them. On the marshalling I would also say make numbers in certain areas. Then when an area isn't full you can say to go to that number.
skipnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:13 PM   #2892
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Here's a thought as well, You all know it takes approx 5 to 6 marshalls so why have a class with only 3 in it? How about combining 2 like classes this will do 2 things number 1 it will shorten the day and number 2 also help with marshalling.

Just my 2cents
Old 06-28-2011, 05:22 PM   #2893
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

On second thought this may not work, If one person is running 2 small classes he would have to pick one car or the other to run. OH Well
Old 06-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #2894
Tech Elite

sometimes i can combine classes, but lately the classes that have like 3 entries have guys signed up for other classes that are at 3 entries. its really rough because I dont want to exclude anyone from racing with us. The extended mains that nitro have come accustomed to are driving other classes to desire longer or double mains... its a cycle haha next thing you know everyone will want double mains... just wait guys those of you who have no endured marshalling for a 20-45 nitro main. I like Homers format of extending the heats of electric classes to 9 minutes and doing a single 10-12 minute mains and 6 minute nitro heats with 20 minute mains.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #2895
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yeah i'm with you Eric.If truggy was to run earlier in the races that would be a god sent.I know the truggy guys come back to the pits after there race and go right out to the track to marshall.Unless like what happened to Eric where he was broke and got someone to marshall for him.I for one go back grab a cig and go check out the times of the race and walk out on the track to marshall.It does kind of suck that G has to get on people to get there asses out there to marshall.You would think at this point it would be habit to go right back out and marshall.But anyway had a blast Sunday the track is great and the races have been on point.
blacksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote