R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 06-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #2866
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)

I sent Garland a pm about maybe starting an hour to an hour and a half earlier on sunday. Was wondering what other peoples thoughts were on this?
rceefreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:31 PM   #2867
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I for one would love to . Getting home at 7pm is killing me for Monday morning
blacksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #2868
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rceefreak View Post
I sent Garland a pm about maybe starting an hour to an hour and a half earlier on sunday. Was wondering what other peoples thoughts were on this?
When the rc pro gets installed it will speed up things some, I would not mind a 10:30 start but any earlier than that would suck for the 6 or so of us that drive 2 to 2 1/2 hours to get there. Sunday we left the house at 7am and got home at 8:40pm. LONG day but had a blast!
PADIRTLMJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:39 PM   #2869
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to skipnay

B main would've been better if it was longer. But that just makes me practice more so I can just win it and be in the A main!!!
skipnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:29 PM   #2870
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Great racing this past Sunday, Garlands is getting real competitive in all the 1/8 classes this season, there are alot of guys that can win at any time and it makes for a fun and very competitive day.. I personally love the long days for wrenching and tuning purposes only, however since there might only be five or so of us actually wrenching and tuning (Ebuggy classs) its not fair to ask everyone else to stay later.. If all you guys want to start at 10AM then I just got to get to track earlier. I would like to try and keep the 3 qualifiers and Double Amains for buggy if we can. It takes me 1hour and 50 minutes one way to get to Garlands to race on Sunday I would like to enjoy it as much as possiable . If the Truggy guys need to get home Garland due to there work schedule we should help them out and let them race first so they can get going and get some sleep. I think Eric and Billy gotta get up like wierd early hours..
Mugen Seiki / J Concepts / Airtronics/Sanwa USA / LC Racing , Baton Inc. / VIPER / REDS Racing USA / VP Racing Fuels / Tekno RC / Boca Bearings / G's Raceway & Hobbies / Waldorf RC / Upgrade RC / Kal Gaurd Lubricants /
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:40 PM   #2871
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash$ View Post
Great racing this past Sunday, Garlands is getting real competitive in all the 1/8 classes this season, there are alot of guys that can win at any time and it makes for a fun and very competitive day.. I personally love the long days for wrenching and tuning purposes only, however since there might only be five or so of us actually wrenching and tuning (Ebuggy classs) its not fair to ask everyone else to stay later.. If all you guys want to start at 10AM then I just got to get to track earlier. I would like to try and keep the 3 qualifiers and Double Amains for buggy if we can. It takes me 1hour and 50 minutes one way to get to Garlands to race on Sunday I would like to enjoy it as much as possiable . If the Truggy guys need to get home Garland due to there work schedule we should help them out and let them race first so they can get going and get some sleep. I think Eric and Billy gotta get up like wierd early hours..
Did you borrow a set of "ROAD HOGS" off of Haas for the 2nd main or what? It was way too easy to dive under your car in the last corner
NOT EVERYONE GETS A CHANCE TO OWN AND RACE RC CARS....IF YOU DO, YOU SHOULD APPRECIATE IT!
OSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:42 PM   #2872
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine View Post
Racing today was AWESOME!!! Woulda been better if I would have driven a better race.

Anyway, you said about suggestions I have 2. 1st I think the b-main for the e-scale should be at least 8 mins and the double a-mains should be 10 mins. and secondly maybe a lil less time between rounds, if possible.

Either way I will def be back love the track and the people!!
+1, ohh the start for the nitro buggy was awesome no passing till the first corner was great, it kept the first turn clean and kept the pile up down at the end of the straight, can we try that for the much much larger 1/8 E Buggy class ? Yes Bob the much larger Ebuggy class, lol. Damm was a time when nitro was king not any more.
Mugen Seiki / J Concepts / Airtronics/Sanwa USA / LC Racing , Baton Inc. / VIPER / REDS Racing USA / VP Racing Fuels / Tekno RC / Boca Bearings / G's Raceway & Hobbies / Waldorf RC / Upgrade RC / Kal Gaurd Lubricants /
Old 06-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #2873
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSR View Post
Did you borrow a set of "ROAD HOGS" off of Haas for the 2nd main or what? It was way too easy to dive under your car in the last corner
Lol, a$$ , good race Mike !!
Old 06-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #2874
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
+1, ohh the start for the nitro buggy was awesome no passing till the first corner was great, it kept the first turn clean and kept the pile up down at the end of the straight, can we try that for the much much larger 1/8 E Buggy class ? Yes Bob the much larger Ebuggy class, lol. Damm was a time when nitro was king not any more.
I have seen this done the same way at the tiltyard. Results in much cleaner starts.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:04 PM   #2875
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

I had a blast for my first time at G's!! I couldn't believe the amount of ebuggies next time I'll try to keep mine in one piece. I wanted to stay to see the rest of the races but I too have a long drive. Keep up the great work and I'll be back again soon.
Trains and Lanes Racing http://tandlracing.com/
Dunn Raceway Park http://drprc.com
tom2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:31 AM   #2876
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

G. Pm
Old 06-28-2011, 05:34 AM   #2877
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rceefreak View Post
Quote:
Starting an hour earlier would mean I would have to get up at 5am to get packed and to the track in time. I'm not really into getting up that early to get to the track, I think once the rc-pro gets up and running and if we just take less time between rounds that we could cut off some time.

As far as truggys running first, if that would help them out then i say go for it. As long as it dosent cause an issue with marshals at the end of the day, cuz god knows I need them
Old 06-28-2011, 06:02 AM   #2878
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I definitely don't mind earlier starts (not a big fan of 0'dark 30 wake-ups though), since I just show up and run the qualifiers (don't usually practice/wrench much--unless I have to ). I am for quick turning the rounds though...as long as batteries are charged/tanks filled...I say finish round 8/start round 1, 5 mins later...BUT, people will have to get off their @$$ and marshal...I really don't understand why people hate marshalling (it's not that bad)...especially if it makes the program run smoother. The less time G or the race director has to call for marshalls, the faster and smoother the races will flow.

Again, my 2 cents. I just like to race.

~Ron
"The Track" in Gaithersburg, MD || G's RC Raceway, Shippensburg, PA || ECH, Winchester, VA ||
jetsetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:53 AM   #2879
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetter View Post
I definitely don't mind earlier starts (not a big fan of 0'dark 30 wake-ups though), since I just show up and run the qualifiers (don't usually practice/wrench much--unless I have to ). I am for quick turning the rounds though...as long as batteries are charged/tanks filled...I say finish round 8/start round 1, 5 mins later...BUT, people will have to get off their @$$ and marshal...I really don't understand why people hate marshalling (it's not that bad)...especially if it makes the program run smoother. The less time G or the race director has to call for marshalls, the faster and smoother the races will flow.

Again, my 2 cents. I just like to race.

~Ron
THATS HITTING IT RIGHT ON THE BULLSEYE!!!! Instead of complaining next time your at the track and G says we need marshalls look for the guys that just walked off the stand and hiding pits. their easy to find, there the ones trying to look busy.
TRADLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:09 AM   #2880
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRADLER View Post
THATS HITTING IT RIGHT ON THE BULLSEYE!!!! Instead of complaining next time your at the track and G says we need marshalls look for the guys that just walked off the stand and hiding pits. their easy to find, there the ones trying to look busy.
I'd also suggest labelling the marshall positions with numbers. If there is no marshall at a specific spot, then it's easy to know who to dock laps from (car 1 from the previous race marshalls spot 1, etc..).

It also avoids confusion of where racers think they should go to marshall.
goehm is offline   Reply With Quote