R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 02-14-2011, 06:33 PM   #2041
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707 View Post
I've been racing on and off for almost 20 years! Yes. I know I'm old! It's been my experience that nearly all racers like a track that flows. One that a rythum can be found on. Having technical sections and huge gaps can be fun, but also can be marshalling nightmares!
I must agree here 100%, i hope that you guys take this as constructive criticism and not as just complaining but, last years layout was alot of up and back,back and forth with no real elevation changes or flow. also, there werent always landers or good landers to downside on. again, its just my 2 cents and i dont mean to offend anyone but i can tell you that it is the reason most of the guys i race with regularly did not come out very often. Im really hoping that the layout is awesome this year and that a good group of eighth scale guys come out this year cause you guys have a ton of area to build on as well as honest and good people
Old 02-15-2011, 04:33 AM   #2042
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash$ View Post
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

G take a look at this jump , maybe we can have something like this , lol.
Count me in to race it, count me out to marshall it.
TRADLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:36 AM   #2043
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by function>form View Post
I must agree here 100%, i hope that you guys take this as constructive criticism and not as just complaining but, last years layout was alot of up and back,back and forth with no real elevation changes or flow. also, there werent always landers or good landers to downside on. again, its just my 2 cents and i dont mean to offend anyone but i can tell you that it is the reason most of the guys i race with regularly did not come out very often. Im really hoping that the layout is awesome this year and that a good group of eighth scale guys come out this year cause you guys have a ton of area to build on as well as honest and good people
Get ready Josh I see a (ALL CAPS RESPONSE COMING UR WAY!!!!!!!!!!)
TRADLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:50 AM   #2044
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9graffix View Post
While I do agree there are newbie racers that need to be thought about to an extent you also need to understand that the majority of the racers aren't. Last year was my first year back after a 4 years. Before then I only raced 2 years, with the last 6 months of that with a " race" machine. Monster truck is what I ran up until then. My point being even as a newbie last year I was always thinking of the wow factor of some of these cali type tracks you see in videos and pics wishing we had something like that around here to run on.

I am not saying build something totally off the wall, but the mild factor will also deter the "vetran" racers from coming. Just like the movie field of dreams. If you build it they will come. Word of mouth is an asset in the rc world. If people talk about how awsome a track is, people will come to check it out. And if they like, they will tell there friends, and so on, and so on. For example. I've heard how awsome lcrc is to run on. This makes me want to atleast make it up there once this year to try it out for myself. You always hear about tiltyard, I would love to get down there once this year also. But if a track is to mild, it won't excite people about coming to check it out. People that have ran at G's before already know, and the ones that haven't, that there are no nicer people that run a track than the G fam. C'mon, what other track feeds ya, and makes you feel like family when your there.

I'm sure G has some good ideas like he said based on things he has saw in older cali tracks. And I am sure he has taken into consideration what everyone has been inputting. And to all those that are wanting something a little bigger and badder this year remember to pull something like this off by yourself is almost impossible. So to all those who want this, get out and lend a hand building this thing. Remember your input while building would be taken in higher regard then just sitting on your bum at home typing about it. I myself will will lend a hand whenever I can.
Just my 2 cents. C'mon spring.

P.S.- This wasn't an attack alf, just a rebuttel.
There is some good points that I would say your correct on some things. how ever GUYS or 90% of the guys want to race NOT build race tracks so you only have your paid workers & hand full of friends to help or thats how its been in the PAST @ FTRC. Big changes = Big $$$$$$ & Lots of time & hard work (And were ready just waiting till weather gets better we have some thing up our sleeve) I would rather run on a OK or not so good track than NO track at all with that being said PLEASE SUPPORT your Local track & hobby shop or it might Not be there next season.

Just like you said don't tell us come out and lend a hand and Show us nothing can get built trough a PC & RCtech.....

P.S. This isn't a attack on ANY ONE just the way its been @ FTRC and its all good we will build it and they will come. I call it a win win

GOOD LUCK TO ALL TRACK OWNERS THIS 2011 SEASON I WISH MORE LOCAL TRACKS WOULD OPEN THE MORE THE BETTER THATS GIVE ME A REASON TO GO THERE AND RACE & HANG OUT AND TAKE A DAY OFF ANOTHER WIN WIN
Old 02-15-2011, 05:56 AM   #2045
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)
Default MOTORAMA Harrisburg PA

GOOD LUCK to all the guys & gals going to race @ Motorama

See you there.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #2046
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRADLER View Post
Get ready Josh I see a (ALL CAPS RESPONSE COMING UR WAY!!!!!!!!!!)
no caps, nothing at all from me mr. adler. robin
have a good day.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:26 PM   #2047
Tech Elite

Yeah no problem folks u all should be pleased with this years set up. I have narrowed my layouts down from 15 to 4... I am calculating the amount of clay I have to sift and the trajectory of the launch to the landings so that I can allocate the left over Clay from the neutral regions to accomodate the interests in elevation changes while accounting for the rain management plan.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #2048
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCARTMAN View Post
Yeah no problem folks u all should be pleased with this years set up. I have narrowed my layouts down from 15 to 4... I am calculating the amount of clay I have to sift and the trajectory of the launch to the landings so that I can allocate the left over Clay from the neutral regions to accomodate the interests in elevation changes while accounting for the rain management plan.
Awwww....You sound so technical and professional...lol. Thought I would give you a hand on those calculations....a whole lot + a whole lot= a sheet load
I'm sooooooooooooo excited..yes yes yes...I wanna see...yes yes yes.
cloud9graffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:03 PM   #2049
Tech Addict

Quote:
Awwww....You sound so technical and professional...lol. Thought I would give you a hand on those calculations....a whole lot + a whole lot= a sheet load
I'm sooooooooooooo excited..yes yes yes...I wanna see...yes yes yes.
sheet load+sheet load= F&@k pile!!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:08 PM   #2050
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
sounds great, might want to save some clay to build kash a hut, hes gonna need to live there this year if he wants to stay at the front of the pack
Old 02-17-2011, 06:23 AM   #2051
Tech Elite

Default Spring is on it's way!

The track is almost free of snow. The water run off looks pretty good. if we have some warm, windy days, the track will dry and we can start the track change. Can't wait. Only 31 days until the official "spring". lol
Old 02-17-2011, 07:06 AM   #2052
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

come on heat
ww29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:03 AM   #2053
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
The track is almost free of snow. The water run off looks pretty good. if we have some warm, windy days, the track will dry and we can start the track change. Can't wait. Only 31 days until the official "spring". lol
wooooohoooooo.....cmon spring. Sounds great. I'm ready to play in the dirt and hear some nitro noise.
cloud9graffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:32 AM   #2054
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Quote:
wooooohoooooo.....cmon spring. Sounds great. I'm ready to play in the dirt and hear some nitro noise.
AMEN to that!!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #2055
Tech Elite

Ice and snow have melted. The puddles are drying out. hope we get the wind that they are calling for. That will help dry out the track. The weather is calling for showers sun, mon, and tues, but if it clears and it isn't a mud bath.......
We will start working in the next weekend or so. Updates later in the week.