R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 01-29-2011, 01:19 PM   #1996
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I acually bought my 1st tamiya at kaybee toys in the valley mall about 16 years ago. It was the manta ray qd 1/14th scale. So it has happened before.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:29 AM   #1997
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCARTMAN View Post
Yeah I wouldnt deny anyone the great privilege of running my track... however my point being is traxxas should support the shops as well if they are going to offer them to outside companies... I mean whats next the Walmart / Rollin Back Prices Slash for $147 only at Walmart

YOU KNOW AT WAL-MART IT WOULD BE 146.76, NEVER AT .00
TRADLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #1998
Tech Master

Can anybody give me the basic setup for a slash 4x4?
Old 02-03-2011, 06:27 AM   #1999
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

Quote:
They most likely only sell them through Kawasaki also... and why support that when they wont support my shop. What is the sense of having a hobbyshop when the manufacturers are willing to do this to us? Y not just cut us out of the picture all together? I mean just look at this forum and see Nitrohouse (OFNA/ Same Address), and other manufacturers/ distributors playing both sides of the field... no wonder so many hobbyshops dont last. Its cheaper to buy from a distributor/ manufacturer based company direct than to go to your local shop to support them. I hear it all the time in my shop... "There use to be a shop there, but its gone"... hmmm.. wonder Y?
I was a MX shop here in Hagerstown Twig cycle we stop by to get some FOX gear we no a few of them guys so got to talking RC and then HE SAID WHAT I DIDN'T WANT TO HEAR there a official traxxas dealer now.. WTF them guys are clueless when it comes to RC lets just say I come in wanting a shock tower a guy wright behind me ask about the latest & greatest MX bike wonder who they will serve first a guy spending $7.98 OR they guy spending the BIG BUCKS. There not getting any OF MY Big or Little bucks will spend mine with guys Like G that supports the hobby by giving us a track and great customer support that is appreciated by most..
Old 02-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #2000
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

From a different perspective, this might have been an attempt at getting a larger audience/base for RC. Get exposure for guys that have similar tastes and some disposable income (given the cost of running cycles!). I don't think the Kawa dealers sell parts, just those trucks - so ideally it should work out that if someone who wouldn't ordinarily buy a truck might see it and spontaneously buy it. Then as interest grows, they 'should' find their ways to local hobby stores and tracks for support and such.

It sucks that someone comes to an RC place that can NOT get these items, and that store loses a sale. So no doubt that they should have given these to the hobby stores as well. What a screwed up idea, but maybe it was just bad execution of a decent idea?

On a similar note, it might be worthwhile reaching out to some of those dealers and have them affix a G's sticker, or leave a business card or race calendar for the folks that buy those Slashes. Might be a good way to get some free press?

Cloud9 - if anything, paint up some Yamaha and Honda bodies. Then let G deliver these to the other dealers to sell on their behalf. Then we can have a race day so that all the motorcycle guys can come race and talk smack about their brands.
goehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #2001
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

G - let me know if you want me to bring anything to Motorama to get you guys some exposure? Stickers on trucks bodies, work mats, business flyers..

I should be able to get someone to pick them up on Sat or Sun if so!
goehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #2002
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Everyweek during the supercross tv showing, traxxas has a commercial now and they get one of the motocross riders out running the trucks on the track. They are on the speed channel this weekend.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:08 AM   #2003
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by goehm View Post
From a different perspective, this might have been an attempt at getting a larger audience/base for RC. Get exposure for guys that have similar tastes and some disposable income (given the cost of running cycles!). I don't think the Kawa dealers sell parts, just those trucks - so ideally it should work out that if someone who wouldn't ordinarily buy a truck might see it and spontaneously buy it. Then as interest grows, they 'should' find their ways to local hobby stores and tracks for support and such.

It sucks that someone comes to an RC place that can NOT get these items, and that store loses a sale. So no doubt that they should have given these to the hobby stores as well. What a screwed up idea, but maybe it was just bad execution of a decent idea?

On a similar note, it might be worthwhile reaching out to some of those dealers and have them affix a G's sticker, or leave a business card or race calendar for the folks that buy those Slashes. Might be a good way to get some free press?

Cloud9 - if anything, paint up some Yamaha and Honda bodies. Then let G deliver these to the other dealers to sell on their behalf. Then we can have a race day so that all the motorcycle guys can come race and talk smack about their brands.
Would agree with some of what you said attempt at getting a larger audience/base for RC. Get exposure for guys that have similar tastes and some disposable income thats a fact.

another fact "LIKE I SAID" the shop manager said there stocking parts thats takes from tracks & hobby shops.

THE BIG POINT HOBBY SHOPS HAS SUPPORTED TRAXXAS FROM THE START AND NOW THEY WANT SUPPPORT WHO MADE THEM THIS BIG Small Local shops. THATS TOTAL BS don't care what traxxas has to say just my 2cents..
Old 02-04-2011, 06:14 AM   #2004
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

+1 Alf traxxas is only out for the bottom yen not worried about any small bussiness .Atleast with the monsterjam line now you can get it but thats only becuz there are no monster truck shops at you local corner dealer .
338lapua09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:27 AM   #2005
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just a quick hello to everyone. I haven't been around too much since my sister was in the hospital, so just wanted to touch base and hope all is well with everyone. It won't be long before Spring will be here. Hope to see you then. Robin
Old 02-07-2011, 03:58 AM   #2006
Tech Addict

Quote:
Just a quick hello to everyone. I haven't been around too much since my sister was in the hospital, so just wanted to touch base and hope all is well with everyone. It won't be long before Spring will be here. Hope to see you then. Robin
Hope your sister & family are doing well cant wait to get to come back and race and see ALL you guys & gals. Might ride up one day before spring and hang out in the shop with you guys keep me posted on the new LOSI 4X4 SC Truck I want 2 of them 1 for me & 1 for Brandon THANK YOU
Old 02-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #2007
Tech Elite

No Problem Alf.. They are ordered and I will keep u posted. Hey folks I have the Stronghold and the Rockstar XXXSCT RTR in stock so if u are looking for one, I have them on cash sale. Also I am looking for some testers... I have a couple of TQ Racing RTR Short Course Trucks on the way and am will to sell for an awesome price to individuals willing to supply feedback on parts durability and quality to help me to decide if I want to keep these in stock... If you are interested please call or stop by for further information.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:25 PM   #2008
Tech Master

Are you still holding races on sundays if so what time and what class?
Old 02-08-2011, 10:05 PM   #2009
Tech Rookie

I acually bought my 1st tamiya at kaybee toys in the valley mall about 16 years ago. It was the manta ray qd 1/14th scale. So it has happened before.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #2010
Tech Elite

This season we will be having races every sunday and every other saturday will be CASH RACES. The Schedule will be updated on our site this weekend.