R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 03-13-2006, 08:00 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default South Bend, IN or nearby??

I may be moving out to South Bend, IN in the near future and was wondering if there are any indoor carpet tracks out there or somewhere nearby?? I am not very familiar with the area so distances would be helpful. I would prefer not to have to drive more than 30 minutes to the track. It is really convenient here since I only have to travel 10 minutes to one of the larger indoor carpet tracks. Lets just hope there is something out there or i'll have ot have a little talk with my wife!!
DennisNyholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:55 PM   #2
Tech Rookie

Dennis,
There is a track in Portage Indiana which is near S.B. Not real sure about the distance. There are a number of tracks in the Chicago area as well.
webmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 06:08 AM   #3
Tech Adept

Default Tracks

Dennis, there is a indoor track in Portage that I know of but its for 1/18 scale. The races are held on Friday nights. Portage is about 30-40 minutes from South Bend. There is an off-road track in La Porte which a few minutes closer to you. Also, there is a new track that opened in Joiliet Illinois (a good drive for you) and they suppose to have a paved outdoor track. I race there on the weekend and they have a large indoor dirt track and huge outdoor dirt track. There is another outdoor track in Hamlet which is close to you but not sure how close but I've never been there. I know these aren't indoor carpet tracks, but at least its something for you.
goldberghere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 07:29 AM   #4
Tech Regular

Thanks for the help!!! I guess i'll be doing some driving to Chicago then if I need my carpet fix (assuming there is on there). The good thing about that area is there isn't much traffic outside of Chicago and the roads are all highways. Around me, everything is a back road and it takes 20 minutes to go 5 miles!!

I checked out portage and it says that it is about 57 miles away from S.B., but it only takes 60 minutes to ge there. Looks like i'll have ot get a real car with better gas mileage though!!
Old 03-22-2006, 01:25 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Well theres Summit in Ft. Wayne. Carpet Oval and On-road, with a out side Off-road. Not sure how far, Probley a lil closer than Chi. is. There is a out door Concret Oval in LeGrange I think its about 30 mins south or south east. You will find that you guys in the East have it made when it comes to Rc tracks..lol Angola In has a carpet oval, Dirt oval, and a Off-road track as well. It is due east. I know there might be some in MI which is probley the same distance as Chi. is. Hope this helps some.
mcastor11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:18 AM   #6
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jettvolks Send a message via Yahoo to jettvolks

There is a track in Mishawaka (suburb of South Bend) called Michiana RC Raceway. Not sure if they are running year round or not as I think they are more of a seasonal track. Lots of classes and racers. It is located in the Town and Country shopping center on Mckinley Ave. Might be worth checking out. I know they run indoor carpet oval, on-road, and off-road (carpet covered jumps). Here is a link to their site.

http://www.michianarc.com/index.php
jettvolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:07 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Dennis, MRRC in Mishawaka is open from early sept thru the Cavalcade of Wheels at the end of march. Hope that helps to inform you a little better kings kid
Kings Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:02 AM   #8
Tech Rookie

Default Elkhart

Pete Russell's in Elkhart is real close.

http://peterussellhobbies.com/
posfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:46 AM   #9
Tech Regular

This sounds great. I'll probably be heading out there in september just in time for the season. I was thinking that I was going to have to drive 1+ hours to get to a track (or sell my car ) This looks promising!!
Old 04-05-2007, 06:26 PM   #10
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to XrayMichaelT2

Michiana Raceway is a great track and offers many classes. If you want to taste the dirt there is the embassy outdoor raceway in niles, michigan.
both of these tracks have info in the forums at michiana's website. Log in and check it out . michianarc.com
XX-4
Promarch 4200's, Orion carbon 3200
Duratrax ICE
Novak GTB 13.5
www.Michianarc.com
www.embassyraceway.com
XrayMichaelT2 is offline   Reply With Quote