Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Texas Racing
5th Scale Onroad Racing in Texas >

5th Scale Onroad Racing in Texas

5th Scale Onroad Racing in Texas

Old 04-04-2017, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For those of you that run 5th scale and have seen the latest flyer for the Texas Biggie, it may be a bit confusing. Let me take a little time to clarify it as to not deter you from coming.

Texas is the only group in the US running a 5th scale spec class. The cars consist of the FG Sportsline 2wd and 4wd models. Currently, these are the only cars eligible to run in our spec class. For this year’s Texas Biggie, we are going to use a spec fuel for the class which will require an additional $15 to the entry fee of $35, making the total entry fee for the Sportsline Spec Class $50. Again, the spec fuel and additional $15 only applies to that class.

As far as STC/GT/F1, your standard entry fee will be $35. There is no spec fuel that you guys have to run (where the flyer is misleading). You can run whatever fuel/fuel-oil mixture you normally would run in your cars. The only requirement is that we would need at least 5 racers to make a class. With three of the Texas 5 members having STC/GT cars and at least one other from Houston that is tipping his hat to show and race, any additional guys from any of the west coast, east coast, Canada, the Caribbean Islands, and Central/South America will be welcomed.

So, for those planning on attending, please PM me to let me know so that we can get a head count for trophies. Hope to see you at Rendon.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

The Texas Biggie is a week away. Got 5th scale tires in for anyone running 5th scale that needs them. Got a couple of bodies to raffle off from FG Supply as well as a set of GRP tires and a couple of small goodies. The spec fuel for the spec class should be available on practice day Friday (coming in with the VP Fuels guy Thursday evening). I have a few available part items for the FG Sportsline Spec cars in case something breaks. I will have a failsafe unit for sale if someone racing Sportsline Spec needs one. See you at the track soon.
Old 05-28-2017, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Had a ton of fun with my first 1/5 scale race! The Texas 5 put on a great event, helped out with all my questions, and made sure everyone had an awesome time.

Look forward to the next race out at RCRCNT!
Old 09-25-2017, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry that it has been a long time posting on RC Tech. Between racing, helping to get 5th scale more organized in Texas, and trying to maintain a FB page on top of working, it has been hard to keep up with everything. My last post on this thread featured three cars that I have, one in which we are running a class currently and two in which we (the Texas 5) are working at organizing as additional racing classes in Texas. On FB, I have done some short, informative write ups in regards to the classes and some of the cars featured in the classes. The reviews are still a work in progress so other informative posts will be forthcoming.

https://www.facebook.com/Texas5thScale/
Old 01-31-2018, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

It has been a good while since I posted on RC Tech. Here is the link to the Texas 5 Facebook page for the latest 5th scale onroad happenings, including a new track coming online soon in Fontana, CA (Steel City Speedway) as well as a big race upcoming in March in Homestead, FL. And, of course, any new pertinent 5th scale information that I can share/pass along to enthusiasts.

https://www.facebook.com/Texas5thScale/
Old 06-06-2018, 11:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

where is the schedule posted ?