Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Texas Racing
First Annual 2Cool Racing Team's Charity race..... >

First Annual 2Cool Racing Team's Charity race.....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Annual 2Cool Racing Team's Charity race.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TeamGPT88
Well it looks like I'll be racing in TX's this coming weekend. I just bought a truck in the Houston area and plan to pick it up the weekend of your race. However, I won't arrive in Houston until late Friday night. I need to know if I can sign up Saturday morning and will there be any open practice that morning? I also need to know when the track opens and when the race will start? Thanks

We will get you in no matter what it takes bro!
Old 02-28-2006, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys here is the most up to date flyer, just for anyone who need some information. Hope to see everybody out there who can be there.
RH
Attached Thumbnails First Annual 2Cool Racing Team's Charity race.....-shriner-final-lo-res.jpg  
Old 03-01-2006, 03:34 AM
PD2
Tech Master

Default HOTEL INFO...

For those that are coming in from out of town to race this Charity event, here are some details on hotels in the area:

LaQuinta (281-359-6611) & Comfort Suites (281-359-4448) in Kingwood are the closest decent hotels, about a mile or so from the track.

Most of the major chains have places in Humble about 5-7 miles from the track. Do a search on switchboard.com or hotels.com using 77339 as the area code. Try to stick with the ones on highway 59 or Will Clayton Pkwy for easy access. Remember all the hotels in this area cater to Intercontinental Airport so they probably won't be cheap.

One other option is Porter Executive Inn & Suites on FM1314 in Porter (281-354-9988). This one may actually be your best bet on price and availability. It's about 6 or 7 miles from the track.

See you there!
PD2
Old 03-01-2006, 03:35 AM
PD2
Tech Master

BTW......

This place, is the same place that this race is being held at:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103929

PD2
Old 03-01-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

Hope everyone is hungry. The brisket is marinating as we speak.
Attached Thumbnails First Annual 2Cool Racing Team's Charity race.....-garys-bbq-002.jpg  
Old 03-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hello all. Here is a link to our new Gulf Coast RC Track Web Page It has 3 pictures of the track. We are gearing about 7.5 overall or so on our 1/10 electric touring cars with 10 x 1 mod motors. The Web page also has links to a couple of setups. Eventually we will get Jeff Parker to write down his 1/10 nitro car setup. The straight is quite long for an electric car. We are getting some phenominal speeds at the end of it and using brakes a bit to enter the infield. Some brakes are helpfull on the two hairpins.

John

PD2
thanks for posting pics.
and thanks for posting a link to our new Gulf Coast RC track thread
Old 03-02-2006, 04:00 AM
PD2
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
PD2
thanks for posting pics.
and thanks for posting a link to our new Gulf Coast RC track thread
No worries! We have been doing a lot of the pictures and press related info, etc, so it was nice to finally have a website to direct people to! Glad you guys finally got some thing completed! Jeff told me you guys were working on it.

I'll see you there!
PD2
Old 03-02-2006, 06:01 PM
PD2
Tech Master

Default WHO IS GONNA GET THE HARDWARE?!?!?

Picked up the trophies today!!

Now, who is gonna get some of this hardware?!?!?!

Hope to see you all there!!

PD2
Attached Thumbnails First Annual 2Cool Racing Team's Charity race.....-p1010487.jpg   First Annual 2Cool Racing Team's Charity race.....-p1010489.jpg   First Annual 2Cool Racing Team's Charity race.....-p1010494.jpg   First Annual 2Cool Racing Team's Charity race.....-p1010496.jpg  
Old 03-03-2006, 07:02 PM
PD2
Tech Master

Practice was awesome today! PERFECT weather! Seems that 30's to 32's where hooking up nicely - just with some juice on them. 27's or 28's without juice are VERY hooked up!

We are ready to GIT R DUN! Are you?!?!

PD2
Old 03-04-2006, 04:09 PM
PD2
Tech Master

Awesome day of qualifying! For those that want to still race this race, we are going to run one more qualifier tomorrow before we run the triple-A-Mains. So come on out and have fun!

See ya there!
PD2
Old 03-05-2006, 03:07 AM
PD2
Tech Master

GREAT day of qualifying, racing, and fun!!! Steve Rieter with Shriners was there and I swear he almost went inside and bought a car! He thought the R/C car racing was the neatest thing he'd ever seen!

Mr. Carlton Epps showed up too to show his support! We have RC Pro Series 2006 and Winter Electric 2005 T-Shirst on sale at Mike's Hobby Shop for $5 a shirt! All proceeds go to Shriners! Carlton is a QUALITY guy and definitely loves the effort we have going on for this race! Why not, his dad is a Shriner!

We will run one more round of qualifying this morning and then get into the triple A-Mains. Trophies will be handed out as well as we still have plenty of giveaways and we will call the names of the individuals for our raffles - some VERY nice prizes there!

Weather looks good for today so let's go racing and help the Shriners in their efforts!

PD2
Old 03-05-2006, 07:05 PM
PD2
Tech Master

Awesome day of racing to wrap things up! I'd like to take a moment to thank some people that, without them, this race would not have even been possible:

* 2Cool Fishing and the TTMB'ers! You guys have really made us feel like family and it shows - BIG TIME! Thank you for your generosity and for giving us a place on your forum! Brew, thanks for the awesoem BBQ! It was definitely a hit!

* Mike's Hobby Shop and the Gulf Coast International Raceway! A HUGE thanks goes out to Jeff Parker and Phillip at Mike's! We appreciate the help throughout the race as well as giving us an AWESOME facility to race at!

* Xtreme R/C Car Magazine! Another one of our key sponsors that hooked us up with some magazines as well as some SWEET stickers! Thank you for the quick response James!!

* Carlton Epps and RC Pro Series! If you have never met Carlton you are in for a GREAT surprise! Carlton will ALWAYS be a member of 2Cool Racing Team as he definitely displays the characteristics and traits that make up a 2CRT'er! We greatly appreciate Carlton coming out to hang out with us all weekend and for the generous donations of shirts! Looking forward to the RC Pro On-Road Electric race series in the near future! HA! Also, we are excited about what else Carlton has up his sleeve for the Shriner's children! More to come on this soon enough!

* Shriner's Hospitals for Children of Houston, Texas and Steve Reiter! Steve represents Shriner's here in Houston and came out to hang out with us on Saturday! I think we got him hooked and he DEFINITELY liked the idea of the charity race event! He just helped remind us what this race was all about - this children at the Shriner's Hospitals.

* Awards Depot and "Trophy Guy"! These guys came through for us with less than a week before the race and even did some upgrades as part of their donation! Thanks Jon for your help and "honesty"!

* And last, but DEFINITELY not least, the racers! We had Eddie from Mississippi and several of our local guys show up! Without them, there would have been no race at all! We thank you all for coming out and supporting our efforts to give a little back to the children at Shriner's. We hope you ALL had a great time and hope that you are looking forward to the next event next year!

Here are the results:

Electric Touring Mod:

TQ - Christian Tabush
1 - Christian Tabush - 48 laps in 13:25.49
2 - Tol Thomas - 49 laps in 15:24.98
3 - Lin Harris - 50 laps in 15:19.05

Electric Touring 19T:

TQ - Eric Schmidt
1 - Eric Schmidit - 51 laps in 15:33.28
2 - Win Haggard - 51 laps in 15:39.69
3 - Robert Peterson - 50 laps in 15:07.63

Again, we'd like to thank every one that came out as well as those that were a part of this event! We thank you and the kids at Shriner's Hospital for Children thank you!

PD2
Old 03-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Tech Rookie

What's with that MR crap?! LOL

I want to commend the 2 Cool team on putting together such a fun weekend. Next time try selling sunscreen! Maybe then I won't look like a lobster. It was great meeting everyone that I've been talking to for so long. As soon as I get some info back from the manufacturers I'm working with I'll fill everyone in on the Shriner's Hospital event and get a date set with Steve.

thanks again
Carlton
Old 03-07-2006, 01:34 AM
PD2
Tech Master

Originally Posted by txfzzy
What's with that MR crap?! LOL

I want to commend the 2 Cool team on putting together such a fun weekend. Next time try selling sunscreen! Maybe then I won't look like a lobster. It was great meeting everyone that I've been talking to for so long. As soon as I get some info back from the manufacturers I'm working with I'll fill everyone in on the Shriner's Hospital event and get a date set with Steve.

thanks again
Carlton
LOL!! That was just after knowing you the first day Carlton! Heck, now your just that That Guy Who Is As Red As The Shirt He Was Wearing! HAHA!

Thanks again bro and definitely keep us informed on the manufacturer's portion with the Shriner's!

PD2