Houston On-Road Tracks

Old 07-17-2005, 03:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Look for used 2x4's and some white or bright yellow paint. It's a start. You can find used crap laying all over the place that people will be happy to have hauled off. A leaf blower would definitely be good. Post an add for the generic items you need on craigslist or Houston area freecycle. The starting grid has a forum just for track issues.

I'm probably going to run at Mike's. It's clean and you can run 1/8. A lola body seems to suck the goo right off of the parking lot and deposit it on your chassis. Regardless, I may be able to lend a hand or throw out some ideas. I have a touring car I wouldn't mind running there.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default What is Mikes like in Porter,Tx[Kingswood}

Just Curious, Is the track up and running? Nice place? Thanks
Old 07-18-2005, 05:06 AM
Tech Rookie

You can run on Sat./Sun. I'm not clear on any other days or weekend schedules so far. The track is made to easily convert into an oval. I don't know when the oval thing happens. The drivers stand and pits are top notch. No terribly sharp corners. I don't know what it's like to run on it. Just finished getting my car ready. I did see a 1/8 tearing through it, so theres some room to play with. The people there seem to have a "run watcha brung" attitude with different forms of racing. I do believe this will be the top road track in Houston.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Too bad on-road in Houston pretty much died...
-Josh
Old 07-22-2005, 11:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Looks like that's changing Why would you throw out a negative comment to such a good thing?
Old 07-23-2005, 04:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I really think Houston is chocked FULL of guys with electric and nitro sedans. It's just a matter of word spreading around as to where the racing is happening. Once the word gets around then I think you'd see an explosion of participation.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TXstreetracer
I really think Houston is chocked FULL of guys with electric and nitro sedans.
I hope so, because I just picked up a Pro4... Hopefully I'll be able to make it up to Mike's before school starts. How many electric guys make it up there on average for Saturday?
-Josh
Old 07-23-2005, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by josh69162
I hope so, because I just picked up a Pro4... Hopefully I'll be able to make it up to Mike's before school starts. How many electric guys make it up there on average for Saturday?
-Josh
Is Mike's the new track that just opened up in Porter??? I've never raced on a single track......I've always just raced in parking lots and etc. by myself....OR when my wife worked as a KB Toys assistant manager at a mall in Colorado I'd take my car inside the mall after hours and run it in the mall halls...while waiting on my wife.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:35 PM
Tech Rookie

I have only seen nitro racing late in the day. There were some electric guys tinkering with thier stuff. Maybe the electric racing happens earlier in the day?
Old 08-08-2005, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

the onroad track in porter is cool! its fun for all scale onroad racing.from 12 scale. to 8 scale! its realy a nice place.I realy injoyed running there a very friendly atmosper!
Old 08-10-2005, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Saturday races

What time do they start about on Saturday? Thanks
Old 08-10-2005, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

mikes open about 0700 hrs and race around 1000 hrs that is 10 in the morning!
Old 08-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Default Yea its open

Once the weather cools down I plan on getting the X Ray.

Besides the THRC forum, theres another one that some of us hang out on. Allthought we havent announced it yet, we plan on putting on a big charity race there hopefully in March.

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=25
Old 08-14-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Addict

So it's been a few weeks since I last posted- and I'm curious if electric has picked up any. I can't wait to get out here, but I need to get a few "race accessories" if I want to take care of my batteries and such. I was talking to "stumper" on here, and he said most guys run 10 turns. I went out with my friend and played around there for about 4 or 5 hours, and it is a wicked track. Nice and big. Definately not meant for stock, or even 19T. What kinda tires are being run out there. Stumper said it was either CS-27's or HPI 35R's, depending on how hot it got. Is everything going to pick up one the winter months come?
-Josh
Old 08-15-2005, 02:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by josh69162
So it's been a few weeks since I last posted- and I'm curious if electric has picked up any. I can't wait to get out here, but I need to get a few "race accessories" if I want to take care of my batteries and such. I was talking to "stumper" on here, and he said most guys run 10 turns. I went out with my friend and played around there for about 4 or 5 hours, and it is a wicked track. Nice and big. Definately not meant for stock, or even 19T. What kinda tires are being run out there. Stumper said it was either CS-27's or HPI 35R's, depending on how hot it got. Is everything going to pick up one the winter months come?
-Josh
Josh, I wouldn't expect a huge surge within a week or two........ alot of guys I imagine are tuning on thier cars (or have them tore down waiting for parts like me, )

I still haven't made it out to Mike's yet....... I've just had so much going on lately that I just haven't been able to go......

I imagine other guys are probably like me too.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.