R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Texas Racing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #31
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Adams View Post
Huh, wanted to be different by going Top Yea man, do the mod. Your driving has got a lot better since you first started to come race with us almost a year ago. I would expect 12th scale would make at all the TexasEOS as well so you should have more than one class to race.
Yeah, I decided to take the plunge with the TOP sedan. Im quite pleased with my TOP 12th right now and will be out on the carpet this Sunday floggin the WGT.

Some of the guys in the local Austin forums are expressing more and more interest in 12th... And Joe Maxey picked up a WGT(he has my old AE 12th too). Im hoping more of the atx guys will man up and do some traveling for this series.
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #32
Tech Fanatic
 
Chris Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL_71 View Post
Yeah, I decided to take the plunge with the TOP sedan. Im quite pleased with my TOP 12th right now and will be out on the carpet this Sunday floggin the WGT.

Some of the guys in the local Austin forums are expressing more and more interest in 12th... And Joe Maxey picked up a WGT(he has my old AE 12th too). Im hoping more of the atx guys will man up and do some traveling for this series.
Gotta get the younger xray kids to travel. Eithan, Evan... I know they have xray electric cars... I set them up up when they came up to Mikes one random friday. We should convince Maxey to man up with some hp.
__________________
TEXASEOS.net, RcAmerica, Xray, Hudy, Protoform, Orca, Avid, 2mm Designs

Texas EOS 2017!
Chris Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #33
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 630
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

This sounds good. we will support the series as much as possible. when do we start?
__________________
Jeremy Cupps
Sponsors are
Mugen Seiki, NovaRossi Engines, Enneti Tires, Byrons racing fuel, Airtronics, XceedRC, Mikes HobbyShop Porter Texas, Global Hobby Distributors, Avid Bearings, Paint by Smiley, and my wallet!
J-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #34
Tech Elite
 
wwddww34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 2,560
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-MAN View Post
This sounds good. we will support the series as much as possible. when do we start?
Yes. Enough talk. Let's let the rubber hit the road. When does this series start?
wwddww34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #35
Tech Elite
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,834
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Jeremy, website should go live by the end of the week.

I am coming to race off-road on Friday, we can talk a little bit more then, that way we can pick a date and start working on promo for Gulf Coast...
__________________
REFLEX RACING/ RSD/ GIZMO RACING USA/ HOBBYWING/ AXON/ QTEQ/ TEAM PRIME
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #36
Tech Elite
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,834
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Logo is done, website is 85% complete. I will start talking to shops this week/ weekend, and hopefully set dates by next week.

http://texaseos.net/joomla/
__________________
REFLEX RACING/ RSD/ GIZMO RACING USA/ HOBBYWING/ AXON/ QTEQ/ TEAM PRIME
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #37
Tech Addict
 
bfong13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 611
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

This is good news that an electric onroad series is getting started here in TX. I'm actually surprised that one hasn't been in place already, so this is good news. Hopefully, it'll bring in more racers to onroad. I used to race in Florida's FSEARA series, and it's definately a professionally ran competitive series with many present and former national/regional A-main finalists and champs participating.

A few things I noticed from the FSEARA...
- They use spec tires, which is determined by their leadership during the offseason. I believe this year, and for the past 1-2 years, the tire has been SOLARIS hard compound used at all venues, both asphalt and carpet. You can buy your own SOLARIS tires and bring them to the track, or you can purchase them at the track, however they must still be sealed in the package. When you go to pay/check-in, you have to open the package in front of the tech, and they will apply a special sticker to the tire to ensure accountability. Also, if I remember correctly, you're only allowed a certain number of tires for each race weekend, which makes each driver use well-thoughout tire strategy.

- They do tech all cars per FSEARA rules and ROAR rules.

- They run their series during the winter months as it's easier on the electrics and nicer weather.

- Sedan is the major class, but they do have 1/12, WGT, and VTA (In Florida, they call is RCGT)


It looks like you have a good mix of tracks lined up for this series (Houston-M&M, Mikes/GCR; Austin-ATX; Dallas-Mike's). There's another track in Renden near Dallas called RCRCNT, if you guys are looking to add another track to your schedule. It's an outdoor asphalt nitro track in the SWCS series, however, I'm sure that they would be up for letting you guys use it for the electric series.

Last edited by bfong13; 05-17-2012 at 10:40 AM.
bfong13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #38
Tech Fanatic
 
Chris Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfong13 View Post
This is good news that an electric onroad series is getting started here in TX. I'm actually surprised that one hasn't been in place already, so this is good news. Hopefully, it'll bring in more racers to onroad. I used to race in Florida's FSEARA series, and it's definately a professionally ran competitive series with many present and former national/regional A-main finalists and champs participating.

A few things I noticed from the FSEARA...
- They use spec tires, which is determined by their leadership during the offseason. I believe this year, and for the past 1-2 years, the tire has been SOLARIS hard compound used at all venues, both asphalt and carpet. You can buy your own SOLARIS tires and bring them to the track, or you can purchase them at the track, however they must still be sealed in the package. When you go to pay/check-in, you have to open the package in front of the tech, and they will apply a special sticker to the tire to ensure accountability. Also, if I remember correctly, you're only allowed a certain number of tires for each race weekend, which makes each driver use well-thoughout tire strategy.

- They do tech all cars per FSEARA rules and ROAR rules.

- They run their series during the winter months as it's easier on the electrics and nicer weather.

- Sedan is the major class, but they do have 1/12, WGT, and VTA (In Florida, they call is RCGT)


It looks like you have a good mix of tracks lined up for this series (Houston-M&M, Mikes/GCR; Austin-ATX; Dallas-Mike's). There's another track in Renden near Dallas called RCRCNT, if you guys are looking to add another track to your schedule. It's an outdoor asphalt nitro track in the SWCS series, however, I'm sure that they would be up for letting you guys use it for the electric series.
The series is headed up by CT and I so it will be run professionally. No worries about that. The tire issue is one that we are concerned about. It would be nice to use one tire for the whole series but as of now, I have to take what CT has said about the Jaco tire not working too well in Houston. The solaris hard tire doesn't work too well up here in Dallas so we have to compromise at least for this year.

As of now, Renden isn't on our radar. I know of the track and we could possibly look into using it another year. Since we are starting this series off late, (July is looking to be the start month) there isn't enough time to squish it in the schedule.
__________________
TEXASEOS.net, RcAmerica, Xray, Hudy, Protoform, Orca, Avid, 2mm Designs

Texas EOS 2017!

Last edited by Chris Adams; 06-04-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Chris Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #39
Tech Elite
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,834
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

The website is up and running. We are in the process of finalizing dates now.

As for tires, at Porter, the Solaris Hards worked the best out of the possible 25.00/set tires that have been tested. They were 4 tenths faster than Sweep OG's. At M&M the Solaris Hard works well, but it is not as fast as a Muchmore or Sweep EXP, but again those tires can't be sold for 25.00/set.

Solaris is offering to sponsor the series if we select their tires, I still have not discussed as to what this means, but I will follow through with EJ Evans to find out. Maybe we can get some prizes for the series finale...

www.TexasEOS.net
__________________
REFLEX RACING/ RSD/ GIZMO RACING USA/ HOBBYWING/ AXON/ QTEQ/ TEAM PRIME
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:45 AM   #40
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Solaris is offering to sponsor the series if we select their tires, I still have not discussed as to what this means, but I will follow through with EJ Evans to find out. Maybe we can get some prizes for the series finale...
Now that is pretty cool!
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:51 AM   #41
Tech Fanatic
 
Chris Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 998
Default

Dates are being set. Mikes and Porter are set. By next Monday, we should have all set in stone and information to everyone.
__________________
TEXASEOS.net, RcAmerica, Xray, Hudy, Protoform, Orca, Avid, 2mm Designs

Texas EOS 2017!
Chris Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #42
Tech Elite
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,834
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default First 3 dates set

We have set 3 of the 4 dates for the series.

First race will be at M&M Hobbies in Bellaire (Houston), TX on July 13-14. Friday practice, Saturday racing.

Second race is allocated to Hobbytown USA. We are waiting on Chris Dodson to call us back, if anyone sees him or talks to him tell him that we have tried to contact him. I will try to hit them up on RC Files.

Third Race is at Mike's Hobbyshop on September 9th in Dallas. They have a club race on Saturday, which would be great for the practice day.

Fourth and final race is at Gulfcoast Raceway in Porter (Houston), TX and will be held on the weekend of October 13-14. Saturday will be practice and Sunday we will have the races.

Please check out the site for more updates, directions and track pics.

www.TexasEOS.net
__________________
REFLEX RACING/ RSD/ GIZMO RACING USA/ HOBBYWING/ AXON/ QTEQ/ TEAM PRIME
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #43
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,776
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Awesome. Thanks for getting the dates and info together Christian. I am glad to see this finally get off the ground.
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #44
Tech Elite
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,834
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Andrew! I am excited to get this off the ground. I will create an account for the series on RCsignup so that we can get the events listed and signups open.

Hopefully we get plenty of support for the state series, the more people we get, the better the prizes raffled awards. It will also be really cool as all 4 tracks are so different.
__________________
REFLEX RACING/ RSD/ GIZMO RACING USA/ HOBBYWING/ AXON/ QTEQ/ TEAM PRIME
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:06 AM   #45
Tech Elite
 
B00t13g's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,041
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

This will be pretty cool!
B00t13g is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gulf Coast RC Track Racers, Porter Texas (Houston) John Stranahan Texas Racing 2692 04-18-2013 10:18 AM
2010 SWCS / Southwest Series Schedule T-BODZ Terry B. Texas Racing 74 09-27-2010 08:00 PM
Inaugural Electric World GT, Open Mod TC Race/, at Mikes-HobbyShop.com , new Asphalt John Stranahan Texas Racing 42 09-21-2009 08:42 AM
ROAR Has a new President BullFrog Electric On-Road 220 12-16-2005 06:49 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:33 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net