Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speed Controller Trivia for a Free Losi Body

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Default Speed Controller Trivia for a Free Losi Body

Came across this speed controler in my box of RC stuff from the 80's. We use to run these in the Tamiya Rough Riders. Thought it would be a little fun to see if anyone can come up with the name of it. Will send one of my Losi Buggy bodys to the first person that can come up with its name. Slight improvement in speed controllers these days. LOL

Hint : It's name was the person's last name and his first name was John.

Cant believe we used these things, you had two set of plugs and the way it worked you had to wire your batteries a special way. Your car had three speeds, 1st speed 5 cells, 2cd speed 6 cells and third speed 7 cells. Talk about being hard on batterys and their was no way to balance them. Brakes on one of the tabs - you could adjust braking by manually moving the contact on that green resister. Reverse when you hit the micro switch.

Pics of the two Losi Buggy Nitro bodys I make. One is a full cab body and the other is a half cab open head body.
Attached Thumbnails Speed Controller Trivia for a Free Losi Body-get-attachment-1-.jpg   Speed Controller Trivia for a Free Losi Body-get-attachment-2-.jpg   Speed Controller Trivia for a Free Losi Body-get-attachment.jpg   Speed Controller Trivia for a Free Losi Body-get-attachment-6-.jpg  
Old 11-13-2012, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

a guy name full throttle guessed it on rcfiles, the name was John Burnham