Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Ice Breaker $$$ Race @ Indy

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default 2011 Ice Breaker $$$ Race @ Indy

The 2011 Ice Breaker Money Race will be Feb. 25-27. Friday the 25th will be Open Practice and Saturday the 26th will be Qual's and Mains on Sunday the 27th. I believe its money payout to the experts and product payout to the sportsman. Last year we had a pleasure of having Ryan Lutz race at this event hope he comes back this year!! See ya there..

RCsignup Link
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=1774
Old 01-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Do the electric classes pay out also?
Old 01-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kraig Krueger
Hey Kraig I have read somewhere and now I can not find it but I believe that they are paying money to the Electric buggy class only not the SC trucks.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

This will be my first big race with the new Xray. Can't wait.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig Krueger
Only Non-Team Associated drivers.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ouch! Haha
Old 01-23-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

This is gonna be a blast!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I had a good time on the track for the Icebreaker. I hope they get things sorted for how this race is organized though. Since they used 4 qualifying rounds it should have been qual points and all run on Saturday. Then mains only on Sunday. We could have left many, many hours earlier.

If I were one of the guys in the Intermediate buggy A-main I'd want to punch a guy named Pittack in the teeth. This guy came out to marshall three minutes AFTER the race had started. The stupid thing is he walked out on the track with pizza in his hand, then left his marshall spot to get more pizza, then left again to get a bottle of water!! WTF?! Best is yet to come. He started walking around during the race he was supposed to be marshalling and asked people to cover his spot so he could leave go get his car ready for his next race. Eventually he bailed completely and had no one cover for him. This guy is a total douche bag. I couldn't believe it.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Last edited by rcmike; 03-07-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

The race went great and I think the last chance qualifier Sunday morning was a good way to possibly move up in the grand scheme of things, get some early morning warm up before the mains and in general stop the chaotic practice that generally happens in the mornings of a big race. I am in no way condoning the actions of Pittack. However, you should find out which one did what as there were two of them there. I had a driver in the Int. Buggy A-Main and didn't notice the Pittack situation.
All in all I think the race went great. Winners and TQ made off with generous cash amounts and racers left with fuel and parts. Considering Indy is under new management/ownership I think the race went very well.
The Dallas area will have some awesome races this year. Between Mikes and Indy any local 1/8 racer should be very pleased with this summers schedule.
However, I do have one gripe... and it should carry out to ALL races... Sponsored drivers in any form or fashion should NOT be allowed to run sportsman/intermediate. If your good enough to be sponsored than you should man up and race in your class... expert.. Alot of sandbagging went on this weekend and it isn't fair to those who are trying to get to the position in this hobby that a sponsored driver has already achieved.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

I heard there was a fully sponsored HotBodies and VP Pro driver racing the intermediate class which he TQ'd and Won buggy and truggy and which for the last few years ran Open class in RC Pro Series................
Old 03-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Keith West from Kansas perhaps??
Old 03-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
I had a good time on the track for the Icebreaker. I hope they get things sorted for how this race is organized though. Since they used 4 qualifying rounds it should have been qual points and all run on Saturday. Then mains only on Sunday. We could have left many, many hours earlier.

If I were one of the guys in the Intermediate buggy A-main I'd want to punch a guy named Pittack in the teeth. This guy came out to marshall three minutes AFTER the race had started. The stupid thing is he walked out on the track with pizza in his hand, then left his marshall spot to get more pizza, then left again to get a bottle of water!! WTF?! Best is yet to come. He started walking around during the race he was supposed to be marshalling and asked people to cover his spot so he could leave go get his car ready for his next race. Eventually he bailed completely and had no one cover for him. This guy is a total douche bag. I couldn't believe it.

Nothing like keyboard courage. That Pittack you're talking about is my son. Yes, he ate dinner on the track, yes he had a bottle of water, yes he had to leave a bit early because he was in the next race, yes he did get someone to cover for him. Let me remind you...the marshall didnt crash your car, you crashed your car. If you want to bitch about marshalls, why not bitch about none of the SC drivers coming out to marshall the e-buggy races, or the other SC race. Never mindthe fact that I (that Pittacks dad) volunteer marshalled 3 or 4 other races to help out. Never mind that if all 12 in the race before yours would have marshalled then you wouldnt even notice 1 person eating pizza or having a drink of water. What about the E-buugy guys that run triple A mains that have to marshall 4 or 5 times as many minutes as they get to drive because they only get 3 10 minute mains.

If youre so pissed off because he wasnt there to marshall your toy car when you crashed it, please post your address and I will refund your 35.00 race entry so you wont be butt hurt anymore.

If you really want to, give me a call (i'll pm you my number if you'd like) and we can discuss it like grown men. (I dont know you, but i"m assuming youre a grown man). Everyone in DFW locally knows me. Heck, most everyone at the icebreaker not from DFW knows me also. My question to you is....Why wait until 5 days after the fact to get home and post this? Why not be a man and approach me (or an indy employee) and fix the problem right then?

Or we could make this real fun.....Next time you're in Dallas, or anywhere else that we are both racing, find me and come up to me and call my son a douche bag to my face, lets see how far that gets you!!!!

Rodney Pittack
(that Pittacks dad)
Old 03-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

hello my name is keith west and at my brother house and saw this so i am posting from his cp

frist i would like to say i am sorry for making anybody mad about me runing in int classes at the ice breaker i really didnt think it was a proplem it was never said that i couldnt or posted any where and i run open at the pro seriesso i feel i am a middle guy not a pro but not the slowest ethier so its ethier run pro or int when they dont have a open class and i chosse int for a the ice breaker which i am sorry for i really didnt mean to offend any one really i raced as hard as i could this last weekend

but that being said i am trying to make this right and called ron at indy and we talked and told him i am sending evrything i won back in the morning its all ready packed ready to go so i hope this kind of clears up a few things because i just want to race and dont want any body mad or pissed

keith west
Old 03-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Rodney my name is Chris Pearce. I was also in the Ebuggy A-mains. My quals were also affected by the SC drivers not marshalling. In round 3 many of the E-buggy drivers got mad and started running into each other. Unfortunately that would have been my best run but since several cars wrecked my car during the last two minutes I guess I'll never know. When i approached the race announcer the problem was corrected for the next round. Also I raced Expert buggy C-main...bumped to the B-main. Also ran Expert truggy B-main. I was able to marshall every race I was supposed to. Luckily I had an awesome group of guys there to help bring my cars too me as I needed.

However I was able to marshall after each one of my races. I don't understand the disrespect to other drivers by not focusing on the job of marshalling. And your son left his spot with around 15 minutes left in the race. I was in his electric race so I was marshalling also. He came to ask me to cover his spot. I told him I had his same situation all day long and told him he should go back to his spot. When he left, no one returned to cover the middle chicane for the remaining portion of the race. Simple as that.

For the few years I've been racing Rc I guess I've never noticed a marshall leave his spot when he would be in the following race. Also this is the first time I've seen someone take their dinner along with them. I mean if that's how things normally are at Indy then that's cool, and I didn't realize it. I just haven't seen it before. Many of us travel to races when we can. We try for once a month to go out of state for big races.

The reason for waiting 5 days after the race to post was simply work/life schedule. I have not had the chance to sit down and catch up on with the world of RC since returning home from the Icebreaker.

All I'm hoping for is that your son learns to do a better job of marshalling and respecting other drivers. The quote I hear most often is, "marshall others the way you'd want your car to be marshalled." I think that's a fair statement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.