Community
Wiki Posts
Search

North Texas RC

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 05:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default North Texas RC

Recently a lot of effort has gone into the 1/8th offroad tracks in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Mike's, Granbury, and Indy(new owner), have all dumped a lot of $ into their facilities. The potential couldn't be greater than it is right now to make north texas RC racing the most competitive it has ever been! NTRC. A SERIES could potentially jump start the offroad racing again. I don't know anything about how other series' run but if there is enough interest I'm sure these 3 track/hobby shop owners could come up with something. Imagine large turnout once a month without having to travel or wait for the big RC Pro events. Local racers who don't travel to those big racers could get a similar experience. If there's a way, I'd love to see it happen. Post up your comments and let's see if there is enough interest to get the attention of those track owners! Would you be IN or Out?
Old 09-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I would definitely be IN......

I've been racing a Mikes for a few months now
& will give Indy a try once they restart their Off Road races.
I've yet to make it out to Granbury, but would certainly go if it was part of a "Series"
Old 09-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Make it happen Delon!
Old 09-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I'm in.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

We do the same thing here in Houston. Check out www.houstonarearc.com for information on how we run our series between 3 tracks in Houston. That is a great idea to bring all the racers together for one guaranteed big race per month.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

I would be in for doing a series, its a great idea.

Chris Allec / owner of Granbury Hobbies
Old 09-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Adept

Let me know where to sign up!
Old 09-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Rc pro and the big races have killed the club racing scene. A series between tracks dont see that ever happening. You say in your post imagine large turnout once a month , it really needs to be every w/e. Its already basically one w/e a month there is a big race that people can go to already, and thats all the racing some care to do. Sorry if the truth hurts. Every time i read a post like this i think about what Paul g posted on rc files right before he sold n-control,he basically said its the people killing this off-road sport. Ive helped do my part to a certain extinct at a couple of tracks to make them better,and really thats all i can do. I wish you the best in doing something positive.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Oh the glory days. I remember the days of 75-100 people on a club night. Man that was fun.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rcmike
Rc pro and the big races have killed the club racing scene. A series between tracks dont see that ever happening. You say in your post imagine large turnout once a month , it really needs to be every w/e. Its already basically one w/e a month there is a big race that people can go to already, and thats all the racing some care to do. Sorry if the truth hurts. Every time i read a post like this i think about what Paul g posted on rc files right before he sold n-control,he basically said its the people killing this off-road sport. Ive helped do my part to a certain extinct at a couple of tracks to make them better,and really thats all i can do. I wish you the best in doing something positive.
Thank You Michael Carmody for your input. Youve been racing in the area longer than I have and Im sure you miss the larger local racing turnout which we experienced as little as 2 years ago. I remember going to Indy on Tuesday Night and having many heats including Monster Truck and that was before short course trucks! Seriously Tuesday Night!! However, I am having a hard time grasping the relativity of my post about a series, to Pauls' about whining racers. This thread was intended simply as feeler for those in the local racing scene to give feedback as to whether or not they would participate in such a series. I do agree that we must be realistic,and the possibility of such a series depends ultimately on the respective track owners. If they arent behind it 100%, then it wont happen. I have already spoken someone in the RC business community who would be interested in sponsoring such a series. Again, this is only to guage interest. I have raced with you before and I would hope that if this were to happen, we would see you at as many races as you could attend.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jpz_67
Oh the glory days. I remember the days of 75-100 people on a club night. Man that was fun.
Hey John, I'm curious. In all your years of racing, have you seen club turnout worse than it is today?
Thanks
Old 09-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ive been racing for over 20 years, and yes this is the lowest ive seen club racing ever! I live in porter Texas and i run Mikes Hobby Shop/Gulf Coast Raceway,but i am from Arlington. Their is alot of different factors on why the rc turnouts are low. # 1 is we do not have new racers entering our sport, the first hit by this was onroad racing. We have a series here in Texas called the South West Championship Series for onroad that was spread over several cities. We use to get over a 100 plus entries every month and now its less than half. In its hayday we always had new people entering the races at every race. Same goes for offroad we just dont get the new people to replace the ones that stop racing. Another is the current economy, it simply does not support a hobby like ours. The way things are people are scared to spend money, and our hobby thrives on expendable money. Now before i keep going i do believe things are stating to pick up. Here in the Houston area we have 3 good tracks, with three different diehard crowds. Each crowd for the most part makes it to all three tracks because of the HARC series, and i think we all bennefit from it, so a series in DFW would more than likely have the same out come. I know for a fact Dfw has alot of rc people, I know if i still lived their i would race in it! But in my opinion we have to start trying something to get new people into our hobby!
Old 09-24-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by J-MAN
Ive been racing for over 20 years, and yes this is the lowest ive seen club racing ever! I live in porter Texas and i run Mikes Hobby Shop/Gulf Coast Raceway,but i am from Arlington. Their is alot of different factors on why the rc turnouts are low. # 1 is we do not have new racers entering our sport, the first hit by this was onroad racing. We have a series here in Texas called the South West Championship Series for onroad that was spread over several cities. We use to get over a 100 plus entries every month and now its less than half. In its hayday we always had new people entering the races at every race. Same goes for offroad we just dont get the new people to replace the ones that stop racing. Another is the current economy, it simply does not support a hobby like ours. The way things are people are scared to spend money, and our hobby thrives on expendable money. Now before i keep going i do believe things are stating to pick up. Here in the Houston area we have 3 good tracks, with three different diehard crowds. Each crowd for the most part makes it to all three tracks because of the HARC series, and i think we all bennefit from it, so a series in DFW would more than likely have the same out come. I know for a fact Dfw has alot of rc people, I know if i still lived their i would race in it! But in my opinion we have to start trying something to get new people into our hobby!
Jeremy,
Your input on this thread as well as your personal opinion is valuable to Texas racers. Thanks for taking the time to post. Yes, the lack of new racers is a key point. Who knows if a series would contribute to new interest or not. I do know that a larger turnout has attracted more on-lookers. If people see a lot of easy-up canopies at mikes they are far more likely to check things out and possibly visit the store. Just months ago, Granbury had a rebuild (new layout) and nearly 70 entries. When qualifying started, there were local spectators watching from their tail-gates in the adjacent high school parking lot. It was a sight for sore eyes.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Would love to see a series. I dont mind driving if I know there is gonna be a good turn out. Being an ex moto x'er I know the series races in moto X always had the biggest turnout.And so (in my brief entry into this hobby) it appears to be true with nitro racing . So count me in on a series .
Old 09-24-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Kyoslow, this is the worst I have ever seen the club racing level. I can remember the days when you never had to worry about having enough people to race. I enjoy the fun and competition of going out of town just like the next person but I just can't help notice that the big races are all that gets the good turnouts anymore. I have seen a lot of good people leave the hobby for what ever reason and there just have not been enough new comers to take there place. I just hope we can hang on to what tracks we have left so we all have a place to race. I personally have not been racing much due the heat but the weathers changing and I am ready to knock the rust off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.