Search

2010 SWCS / Southwest Series Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Thumbs up Bring Your GT cars Guys

Originally Posted by JLock
I plan on making the Texas Biggie for sure (unless something dramatic comes up). Will there be any guys bringing an IGT car with them up from Houston/Porter or Austin? I don't want to bring my car (and support gear for it) if no one is going to come to race that class. I bring too much stuff already and if I don't need to bring it, that lightens the load in my SUV that much more. Planning on running 200mm for sure and possibly 1/8th scale Lola-body (depends on the number of racers that show up total).
Jaun I will be bringing my DM1 and my Kyosho touring car like I did last year.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
Agreed, a decent majority of the time I can almost never see my results from the mains but the heats are usually ok.

I can host a site if you guys want a permanent place to look at all the weekly pdf's if we can keep getting them like that.
I can post them after every race. We will have our web site up soon when it's up i will be posting them there. I got a preview of it a few days back looks sweet.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmadman316
I can post them after every race. We will have our web site up soon when it's up i will be posting them there. I got a preview of it a few days back looks sweet.
Sweet! things are looking good there

Now back to SWCS, how about the san antonio track??
Old 04-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Whats the schedule for the Biggie. Quals on Friday or is it Practice?
Old 04-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If anyone wants Matrix or Capricorn Tires let me know before friday! Just call the shop!
Old 04-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Here are a few pics from last weekend Texas Biggie, Congrats Jeremy with the fourth win!

Old 04-28-2010, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Old 04-28-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I had a blast at this year's Biggie and glad that everyone that traveled to the event made it back home safely. Big congrats to Jeremy Cupps for the 4-peat in winning the 1/8th scale open class. His monicker for next year should be: "The Drive for Five"!! I will say that over the years, I have poked fun at the Snake (Serpent) but I will say the Snake had a very good showing at this year's event. Making me think about making the jump back (started with Serpent before switching to Mugen back in 2001). Hmmm, decisions, decisions!!!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Addict

Default SWCS RACE #3

The next SWCS race will be held in conjunction with the XRAY Challenge Race at Gulf Coast Raceway on May 23rd & 24th. Sign up early in order for the XRAY folks to get a head count. Can't tell you why but I can say that you should not miss this opportunity. Take a look below:

Don't forget about another exciting opportunity to get in some practice in a race environment on the track where the World Championships will be hosted,
THE XRAY CHALLENGE RACE.

The schedule is;
FRI, May 21 - Open Practice (optional)
SAT, May 22 - Qualifying
SUN, May 23 - Mains

All of the info is on the Worlds web site;

www.2010ifmar200mmsedanworlds.com

We are trying to get all of the entries in early in order to give Xray Europe a close count on attendees. Please help us out by sending in your electronic entry off of our web site and you can either pay by credit card over the phone in advance or at the track at the time of the event.

See you in MAY,
Roger
Old 04-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Roger,

I will definitely be there!!! Working on getting my cars ready for this event. Hopefully I will do better in 1/8th scale and not strip out gears on my 200mm this time. I may even drag my electric car with me (if I have room).
Old 04-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Roger,

I will definitely be there!!! Working on getting my cars ready for this event. Hopefully I will do better in 1/8th scale and not strip out gears on my 200mm this time. I may even drag my electric car with me (if I have room).
you need to bring your electric car
Old 05-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Addict

Default SWCS RACE #3

This weekend is SWCS RACE #3 in conjunction with the XRAY Challenge Race at Gukf Coast Raceway in Porter. Hope to see ALL of the SWCS regulars. Please note that the schedule for SAT and SUN will not be set by the SWCS Committee at this race, instead the Race Director for this race is Jeremy Cupps. I will try and get Jeremy to post the weekend schedule on this thread tomorrow. Shop Phone: 281-577-8250

See you at the finish line,
Roger
Old 05-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default San Antonio

Any updates on race #4?
Old 05-25-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Thunderbunny
Any updates on race #4?
Chris,
Thanks for your inquiry. I spoke with a couple of the guys from SA this past weekend but as of today we (the SWCS Committee) have no confirmation about the race from the SA organizer. We have a contingent plan and we will try to make an announcement before this weekend. I will post here and on the SWCS web site's home page on www.thirdcoastracing.com as soon as we arrive at a decision.

If one of the SA guys "in the know" wants to contact me that would be great. I believe that you all have my email or you can go to the above web site and hit me thru the "Contact Us" menu item. Let us hear from you ASAP please.
Roger
Old 05-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Default SWCS Announcements

Hey Guys,

The SWCS web pages have been updated. All of the Pdf's of the Mains results are posted as well as the current point standings on the respective pages. Go ahead and visit www.thirdcoastracing.com and go to the SWCS pages and check out the updates.

News on the next race will hopefully be out by this weekend. We will either confirm the San Antonio location or announce an alternative location. Again, I will post it here as well as on the web site.

Thank you for your participation in the 2010 SWCS,
Roger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.