Wiki Posts
Search

Local Club Race Question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Local Club Race Question?

Im still new to 1/8 buggy racing, I have ran about 6 or 7 club races that are held during the week and weekend and we win hobby shop bucks or 1 to 5$ which is cool and i thank Indy RC World they do a good job.

So my question is why don't local tracks like Indy, JCG etc.. have a points system for there club racers that race every week and at the end of the season they get a trophy or something of that nature for the points champion, Kinda like what the local Circle track guys do or the Drag racers they have a points system for there racing season and a crowned chapmion at the end.

Just wondering
Thanks Lance
Old 03-25-2009, 07:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TXRC8racer
Im still new to 1/8 buggy racing, I have ran about 6 or 7 club races that are held during the week and weekend and we win hobby shop bucks or 1 to 5$ which is cool and i thank Indy RC World they do a good job.

So my question is why don't local tracks like Indy, JCG etc.. have a points system for there club racers that race every week and at the end of the season they get a trophy or something of that nature for the points champion, Kinda like what the local Circle track guys do or the Drag racers they have a points system for there racing season and a crowned chapmion at the end.

Just wondering
Thanks Lance
Really good question, hopefully looper will chime in. It might get more people to every race. Me and my brother fish bass tournaments with a local bass club, they keep points and you have to qualify for the final tournament, whoever wins that classic tourny is the season champ. Really good idea.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hitman Racing 1
Really good question, hopefully looper will chime in. It might get more people to every race. Me and my brother fish bass tournaments with a local bass club, they keep points and you have to qualify for the final tournament, whoever wins that classic tourny is the season champ. Really good idea.
Well hopefully looper will chime in and give us his thoughts as well!!

But when i decide to go race which is much as possible at Indy is prolly due to me being new at this and want to get better at a racing level because I really don't enjoy bashing my stuff up. But with a points system and it can be pretty basic with extra points going to the Winner and TQ and then on down the line. But that really would give me an incentive to really race every weekend plus that would be another good reason to give my wife that i need to go race beacuse im in a points battle with someone else!! LOL!! And to crown a points champion at the end of the year woud be cool along with a trophy or a jacket or something along that line!!

I just think it would attrack a few more racers to come every weekend..

But this is just my .02
Lance
Old 03-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I agree that would be a great thing to do at JCG's. We also need to start keeping the current race results posted on the website too. William, I'll help in any way I can on any of this stuff just let me know.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ruffian
I agree that would be a great thing to do at JCG's. We also need to start keeping the current race results posted on the website too. William, I'll help in any way I can on any of this stuff just let me know.
I dont have access to modify the website, that is something that jake has control over. I will talk to him about the software and maybe we can find a way to get the results onto a flashdrive and i can post it in the forum area of the site.

I also like the idea of a points race thing, i will also talk to jake about this, at this point i am thinking awards will be something like trophies. If anyone has a line on a shop that makes trophies or plaques on the cheap i would like to be contacted about it.

The best way to get this done would be to get the details worked out and then goto jake with the package to get a yes or no on it. With this cost is an issue, jcg is doing better thanks to people paying track fees and with the recent turnout for races. but it is a long way from digging out of the hole it was in.

The recent showing of community is very appreciated.

I will be at the track saturday if anyone wants to talk about it.

Thank you
Old 03-27-2009, 04:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

I think the only cost that you will incur will be trophies at the end of the year ot plaques which should just be places 1-5 in each class. But there needs to be a set class before the season starts like your popular ones Exp. Buggy Sportsman Buggy, Exp Truggy Sportsman truggy, Slash etc..etc.. Just because you might have 4 mod trucks one night and the next weekend theres nothing it does not make since to have a points system for them jusy mainly for the most poplular classes!!
Old 03-27-2009, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TXRC8racer
I think the only cost that you will incur will be trophies at the end of the year ot plaques which should just be places 1-5 in each class. But there needs to be a set class before the season starts like your popular ones Exp. Buggy Sportsman Buggy, Exp Truggy Sportsman truggy, Slash etc..etc.. Just because you might have 4 mod trucks one night and the next weekend theres nothing it does not make since to have a points system for them jusy mainly for the most poplular classes!!
I say there is one champ for each class. 1-5 is crowning to many loosers!!!!!! Looper I'll hit you up saturday and we can talk about it.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Ive been to several tracks that dont give out traditional trophies for the points winners. Ive seen homeade trophies made from old rc parts, a kings crown from a dollar store with all kinds of rc stuff glued to it, etc. I also raced at a track that gave the winner one of those hats with the little propeller on the top and he got to choose who whore the hat during the main(yes i wore it a few times). each series they would go to the next winner.

Real trophies are very cool and all, but sometimes you can come up with something thats alot more fun with just a little thought.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hitman Racing 1
I say there is one champ for each class. 1-5 is crowning to many loosers!!!!!! Looper I'll hit you up saturday and we can talk about it.
I was giving just an example, but i think 1-3 would be good. But the fun hats and trophys are fine, but there is alot of us out there take this serious and want to win something a little more serious.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'd be happy with someone getting to post weekly race results and point leaders on the website. I really don't care about a dust collector. Bragging rights is enough for me. William, if Jake doesn't want to mess with the website see if one of us can take it on. I think this is a very important thing to alot of racers. Being able to watch your progress through a season of club racing. Not all of us have the time or desire to drive around and race all over the state.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

I'd be happy with someone getting to post weekly race results and point leaders on the website. I really don't care about a dust collector. Bragging rights is enough for me. William, if Jake doesn't want to mess with the website see if one of us can take it on. I think this is a very important thing to alot of racers. Being able to watch your progress through a season of club racing. Not all of us have the time or desire to drive around and race all over the state.

+1 exactly
Old 03-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

I do think thats important to keep the website up to date with results and so on, i like to see the results because i like to compare lap times to other weeks with diffrent changes to the car as long as the track config stays the same.