Wiki Posts
Search

OVAL RACING IN PORTER TEXAS

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

Default OVAL RACING IN PORTER TEXAS

Trying to spread the word of the new class of racing out at Mike's Hobbies
and Gulf Coast Raceway.Paved Oval racing here in Houston so dust off the ol pan cars 10th or 12th and lets go racing.Possible classes 4 cell stock,brushless 13.5 or 19t 10th scale,12th scale stock 4cell.Maybe more.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Let's race those bad boy's. WFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2008, 11:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yo Dunphy, Did you put that radio in your truck?
Old 02-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Adept

DAMN, I knew I foregot something! Call me tonight and remind me.I have to start moving my stuff out of my storage anyways and thats were the radio is.....Later.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Oh baby! The COT is painted and ready. Now it's time for those numbers and stickers.....
Old 02-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

so whats the final word for esc and motor i need to buy electronics quick, i got the itch to get racing with you guys.

Ok somethings need to be in place for me to be able to get sommore guys on board with this oval deal. #1 on mikes website need to update it with pictures of the oval (with cars on it would be nice) also need to update it with racing/practice info. The more info that can be made public the better. I have about 5 guys i work with that are in the rc game but with tmaxxes and such they want something cheaper and after discussing the oval gig to them the are highly on board with this. Just get some smal changes in effect to help get this info public.... so all i have to do is point them towards the mikeshobbies site.... it makes it more legit if you knwo what i mean.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Come out Sunday to the races and talk to Mike,Herman,John or Jason and get a feel for what we are running. But get a brushless set up that will let you run both brushed and brushless!
Old 02-28-2008, 02:55 AM
Tech Regular

hey biglove like jason metioned get with us and we will talk about it as to putting something on the hobby web site to promote this. I got my stock 27 turn motor in. IIIFFFF YOOOUUU SSSMMMEEELLLLLLLLL what the great one is cooking. THAT'S WHAT I' M TALKING ABOUT WWWOOOO
Old 02-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Have not had anything to take a picture of until today. The end markers look nice. I'll take a pic. Won't be much at practice untill weekend after this on Saturday. 1/10 Electronics will be any brushless speed control, 13.5 motor at present 4 cell or stock motor 4 cell. Sintered rotors will be allowed in the 13.5 motor so an EX 13.5 (This will require a large bearing endbell for a sintered rotor) or SS13.5 will do. More details on the Gulf coast track thread.
John
Old 02-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

OK guy's! lets put a race on the books? Time to try these things out. Time to quit wishing and time to get down to bizz. I'm pump and ready. All stock for the first shot then we can talk about the turn out later.All 27turn then go from there. Put up or shut up. John has done a wonderful job on his R&D. Let's go? Thanx John for all your efforts.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:18 AM
Tech Adept

Lets try The 8th of March @ night baby!!!!!!Lets Go Racing Boys!!!!!
I will talk to Jeff today about next Sat. Night Race.......Oval Racing At Night...
Stock is Kool,If you dont have a stock 27T someone will have one im sure,Barry said he has a sh*t load of them...
Old 02-29-2008, 06:13 AM
Tech Adept

But a 19T would be funner I think for the first race?????Maybe.Every body needs to chime in and vote right here on what they want to run for the first race.Lets remember we control this deal so lets get together on this so no one feals left out,Barry and I were talking about motors the other day,between brushed and brushless and I also talked to Jason H.about it,with the brushless you take away the tuning of a motor which I think should still be their.Just my 2 cents....AND IF DONT MAKE DOLLAS IT DONT MAKE SENCE PEACE!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

FUNNER say it aint so mike
Old 02-29-2008, 07:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

All I can say is WOW!!!!!

I guess you guys are serious about this. John is out there taking care of the track layout, while others are building there cars and getting ready to race.

Thanks John, you are doing an incredible job!

As Mike said, I have about 8 old (but usable) Stock motors. If someone needs one, let me know. I'm probably going to eventially go to brushless, but will run 27T until I can get a new brushless system.

I'm going to try and make it to the track later this afternoon, but works been pretty crazy lately.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Herman, Thats like the Skadoody. LOL Just playing Mike.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.