Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC Racing In North Houston Area

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 11:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RC Racing In North Houston Area

Alright folks, been flying and buddy has me interested in the competition car racing. I have found the track in porter but I cant find out a lot of information on what classes are most common locally for races as well as schedule. He is from Michigan and he tells me the 10th scale electric buggy is popular there, but my visit to Mikes last time I only saw the 8th scale ones. So what is the best class for a new racer to go buy a new car for to race in the dirt. Also, where would some kind ov schedule be for some events be? Thanks....
Old 09-20-2007, 03:47 AM
Tech Regular

call the hobby rageatv. shop and speak with phil he will fill you in on all the racing going on and what is the most off road popular buggy that is out there 281-577-8250
Old 09-25-2007, 06:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Rageatv,Dee, first off. welcome to the offroad rc world. secondly, this is Paul, i talked with you at Mikes Hobby in Porter Sat.
Ok, the most popular rc racing is 1/8 scale nitro buggy. We have an intermediate class and expert class.
To get you started on the right track you would want to get a buggy that is durable, now-a-days just about any top brand buggy will do.ie; Ofna, Mugen(my personal favorite), Losi, OCM,X-Ray, CEN. They can get a lil pricey but as with anything, you get what you pay for. A great RTR(ready to run) buggy is the OFNA Jammin CRTR and is really reasonable in price. You can also try the Losi8 RTR. I don't have any experiance with that buggy.Remember that with RTR versions they come with the basic parts which means that they are more likely to break in some areas than a competition kit.
Competition kits can get pricey real quick and you would need to buy a motor,remote,servos,batteries and so on just to be able to play.
We just started the HARC (Houston Area RC) this year and are looking for guys to come into the rc world and have fun racing with us,the HARC point series we have has been a great success and we are just getting to our 4th round. You can see the schedule at www.houstonrc.com and go to forums and to the HARC threads.
If you need any help you can call Phil or Jeff at Mikes Hobby shop listed above....or you can call me too. 832-527-6825 hope to see you out there
sometime.
Paul