Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Tennessee-Kentucky Racing
Carpet track possible in Greeneville area >

Carpet track possible in Greeneville area

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Carpet track possible in Greeneville area

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

Default Carpet track possible in Greeneville area

I know a guy that has been looking for a building to setup a carpet track for the last few weeks and I just heard it might be coming together finally. It would be in the Greeneville area east of Knoxville. Im not 100% positive on it happening yet but hes workin really hard. I just wanted to get the word out to all you guys in the Knoxville area cause its only about an hour from there. He plans on running on road on one night and oval on another night. If I hear anything else I will post it for sure.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:59 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Dennis....thats good news. I hope it becomes a reality. Closer to home. Do you know where in Greeneville it's goin to be ? Thanx

Henry E.

Old 11-13-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah man there planning on having the track up and running in 2 to 3 weeks. Not sure where its at in Greenville yet but if you can get in touch with Mike Rutherford he can give you all the info.
Old 11-13-2004, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Talked to Mike and he said they will be running just oval at first and maybe running on-road later. It will be about ten minutes from I-85. It is an old bowling alley. I think he said it is across the road from Magnavox. They have to pick up the carpet in Martinsville, Virginia.

Old 11-14-2004, 07:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by JSJ Racing
Talked to Mike and he said they will be running just oval at first and maybe running on-road later. It will be about ten minutes from I-85. It is an old bowling alley. I think he said it is across the road from Magnavox. They have to pick up the carpet in Martinsville, Virginia.

Can you get Mike R. to come to this forum to post info/address about the track, please ? Thanx

Henry E.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Carpet track in Greeneville, Tn

Hello All,

The address to the carpet track in Greeneville is

1108 Snapps Ferry Rd
Greeneville, TN 37745

More info and web site coming soon.

look for post here and on racebms.com's Track Talk

Thank You,
Dillon Roberts
Old 11-15-2004, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

how long till we can come run carpet onroad?
Old 11-15-2004, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Carpet track in Greeneville, Tn

Originally posted by 20_Dillon
Hello All,

The address to the carpet track in Greeneville is

1108 Snapps Ferry Rd
Greeneville, TN 37745

More info and web site coming soon.

look for post here and on racebms.com's Track Talk

Thank You,
Dillon Roberts
Can you please give directions from Bristol, VA

Thanx

Henry E.

Old 11-28-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Opening Soon Greeneville R/C Speedway

The carpet should be here Wednesday and hopefully down by Thursday. The Drivers stand is built and ready we do have to fix some lighting problems and put in some electrical for pitting. I will keep you posted.

The web site should be up in a week or two with location maps other information.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:15 AM
Regional Moderator

What days are you going to be racing? Keep us road racers informed on here...thanks!
Old 11-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Awesome!

I've got family in Chuckey, and I was hoping to come visit again sometime this winter. I'd love to bring my toy cars with me!

I live in Milwaukee, and the midwest is pretty much a hotbed of carpet racing. Good to see racing down your way, as I may be moving down to the region eventually! I'll keep an eye on the forum to see how things unfold. Best of luck, everyone!
Old 11-29-2004, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Att. Carpet Racers

The crew is working hard to get the track ready. We have run into some rather large problems with the building...We think that we will be able to cover everything this week with a little help and luck.......

Thanks go out to Johnny Broyles, Russ and Rusty Pope, Mikey McCall and Michael Rutherford for hanging out this weekend and helping. A very special thanks to Dr. Dale for assistance with the lap counter, advice and support. (Remember, this is the guy to buy your parts from ! )

I am sorry for the lack of information and updates to this point but I'm sure you understand how hard this is to pull together on such short notice. At one point I had given up on this deal working out for us this year, then out of no where the owner of the building gave us a break and here we are.

We hope to have the track open for this weekend but I can't say for sure..... today. If we do, the day will be open house dedicated to testing and there will be no charge to come and run. We will post here as soon as we have everything in our control and let you know ASAP so that you can get your cars ready.

One thing to be thinking and planning for will be your Pit Space. Because we are late in the season and limited on time we will not be installing pit tables. So, you will need to bring with you a table (6' Max), chairs,
ext-cord, power strip, duct tape and if you wish a small desk lamp. We can allow you to leave your table at the track, this may be a good idea and assure you a good pit space for the next week. I do ask that you lable your property.

If we get to run there needs to be a drivers meeting, so please make every effort to come out and test..if can open....

For some reason, I was asked to remind everyone that this is a non-proffit effort. No one will be making a cent. The purpose of this track is to provide the racers and friends a temporary place to race this winter. So if you want to make a cash donation to help speed things up I will become your friend for life....or until the next time we run down into turn one real hard and fast......Its a funny thing how cold hard cash makes problems go away in very old buildings... HELP...Please........

If you have some time this week and would like to help then post a number here where I can contact you..............

Other items of concern: We could use new or used working 8' flourescent light fixtures and bulbs..........

If you know of a Sponsor that would benifit from a bannor at the track we could use $250.00 for the PVC pipe. We need this by Thursday night....

We could use some large trash containers of any nature and donations of large heavy duty trash bags......

Since this track is for you the racer please get on the phones and see what you can do.....

Thanks in advance for your help...look foward and hope to seeing everyone this week........

I will post as the problems are resolved.......

I remain..........THE HITMAN........DWB&D
anonymous
via BlogWorks :: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:36:14 GMT :: Permalink
Old 11-29-2004, 03:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Is this onroad or oval??

Sounds great so far. Im getting kinda excited
Old 11-29-2004, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

Peyton at first it is going to be oval but I think they are going to try and run some on road.

Old 11-30-2004, 06:16 AM
Regional Moderator

I don't have an oval carpet car anymore so I'll wait until they have some road racing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.