Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Tennessee-Kentucky Racing
Check in race SUMMER SHUTDOWN SMACKDOWN @ chilhowee 8/18/12 >

Check in race SUMMER SHUTDOWN SMACKDOWN @ chilhowee 8/18/12

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check in race SUMMER SHUTDOWN SMACKDOWN @ chilhowee 8/18/12

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ace9540
I'll agree that an 8.5t is controllable on the track, I did get 3rd the weekend I used it. However, I did turn it down to run more like a 13.5. But without a good trigger finger, it can be uncontrollable. On the tire situation, I liked the original holeshots on the b4 more than the calibers. It's the same 10 year old set that came in the kit when I was 8.
And that's the best part. You can turn it down so that is more easily controlled, and then crank up the power when you and your setup get better. It's a win/win as far as I see it. I sold my combo to Ehatcher. I advised him to start with the punch low and to lower the timing. I ended up running best with my current limiter set to either 60 or 70. So 30 or 40 percent punch control. You could easily set the current limiter to 20 or 30 until you got a feel for the power.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

And it is a rocketship with those current settings. I had to loosen the slipper so it would stop doing back flips.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Originally Posted by rsawyers9
It's not an issue if you are not heavy on the trigger finger. I'm not saying that it wont require a driving adjustment, but it's really a non issue. And I said any short straight... C'mon Alan, you know you wanna clear the big jump with your B4.
Now that's where I run into a problem with the b4. It's so light it won't fly over the triple correctly. The wind will catch it and mess me up. That's the reason I would consider an upgrade to a heavier car like the RB6
Old 08-21-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Afun
Now that's where I run into a problem with the b4. It's so light it won't fly over the triple correctly. The wind will catch it and mess me up. That's the reason I would consider an upgrade to a heavier car like the RB6
I agree with you there. That's why every time I caught up to you all within half a lap, I would hit that triple and do a back flip if it caught a breeze. I spent at least 20 seconds on my lid in the triple by the time it was over. But I did check out some team drivers buggies. It looks like they have almost 2 ounces in the front of the buggy.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ace9540
I agree with you there. That's why every time I caught up to you all within half a lap, I would hit that triple and do a back flip if it caught a breeze. I spent at least 20 seconds on my lid in the triple by the time it was over. But I did check out some team drivers buggies. It looks like they have almost 2 ounces in the front of the buggy.
Put weight in the front and you will do a violent nose dive.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Next race I'm strapping a brick to my b4.1... Seriously I have no weight up front. The buggy jumps fine. On big jumps I've notice a less aggressive rear wing helps keep the front of the buggy down. Never had an issue at Chilhowee.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

Put weight in the front and you will do a violent nose dive.
I have half an ounce up there now and its fine, if anything it goes backwards. If you keep your rpm's up when in the air you shouldn't have any problem. But my wing is rather aggressive...
Old 08-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by E1 Diablo
Next race I'm strapping a brick to my b4.1... Seriously I have no weight up front. The buggy jumps fine. On big jumps I've notice a less aggressive rear wing helps keep the front of the buggy down. Never had an issue at Chilhowee.
Compare yourself to the way a 22 jumps and then you have a problem
Old 08-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Compare yourself to the way a 22 jumps and then you have a problem
The 22s do appear to land smoother. Less slapping of the rear inducing spin outs in the b4. Allowing the 22s to get on the the throttle earlier or just stay on the throttle. I'm hoping the big bore shocks reduce the slap tendencies.

I'm thinking a new kit has to be on the way from AE. The World
s Car is missing big shocks and hexes. Maybe there clearing some out some old inventory with their latest RTR.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by E1 Diablo
The 22s do appear to land smoother. Less slapping of the rear inducing spin outs in the b4. Allowing the 22s to get on the the throttle earlier or just stay on the throttle. I'm hoping the big bore shocks reduce the slap tendencies.

I'm thinking a new kit has to be on the way from AE. The World
s Car is missing big shocks and hexes. Maybe there clearing some out some old inventory with their latest RTR.
It would have to have a aluminum chassis for me to even look at it.