Wiki Posts
Search

Truggies?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Truggies?

So what's up? The class exploded for one race day and that is all the endurance ya'll got? Lucky to have three show up for a class now. I have been jockeying my present budget and weighing options, but it doesn't look like the class will be around. What say ye runners of the big trugs?
Old 07-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Truggy class has fell off everywhere. From what I have seen the trend is going back to 10th scales. Around here the biggest class is 4x4 Short Coarse...
Old 07-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

I started to get overwhelmed with all the cleaning and prep work with all the cars. I started to thin the herd. I think it's great to be in one competitive class and one fun class. 2 wd short course is a very fun second class to run which requires very little prep work. I also like racing in a class with lots of mayhem and lots people. Plus, I have to pay for the cost of the new Ferrari,lol

If you have the additional funds for a second class, I highly recommend 2wd buggy and 2wd short course. We all know the premier class is nitro buggy. People that stick to one class usually do great. I am loving my new Kyosho, but I always have room for one more.

I really like ebuggy, but batteries and electronics not very reliable. You also have to work on diffs. When they do work it is an amazing and highly competitive class. My 2 cents.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blue.coupe
Truggy class has fell off everywhere. From what I have seen the trend is going back to 10th scales. Around here the biggest class is 4x4 Short Coarse...
Not so here. 8th Scale Buggy is still king. Nothing against short course guys, but if that happened here.....I would be looking for a new hobby.

I just couldn't run any of the smaller stuff now. It has no appeal to me whatsoever. Nothing against the guys that do, but I couldn't do it. I think its because my fingers are fat...
Old 07-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Shortcourse does not feel small. It takes special skill to get those cars around the track. I will let you do a qualifier Limy.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Afun
Shortcourse does not feel small. It takes special skill to get those cars around the track. I will let you do a qualifier Limy.

I appreciate the offer. I used to run short course, 8th scale has me spoiled. If I can't wreck the entire length of the straightaway I am not interested.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Afun
It takes glitter and lots of it, on the other hand I've been waiting for my new truggy motor and now that it's here.... Bring it!!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

8th scale nitro is strong @ the Hawk Pit. I picked up another truggy just yesterday And the competition is Good.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

My truggy will be ready... Just had to take Well our to off to fund my new ride!
Old 07-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Truggy will be fine!!!! We actually ended up having 4 saturday and some didn't run them so we did not have a class. I have mine back up and going after a bent chassis and 2 bad diffs and ready to take assault and will be running mine, Menard really like's his and I know will be running it more often. They are a blast to drive and you can fling them around and be rough with them. We went through a little down period with people traveling and carnage but it will pick back up. I will have mine every race day from here on out!!!!! They are too fun to just sit on the shelf!!!! We need to get Julio "Top Gun" H. to quit being a sissy and come blast on them with us!!!! It is awesome stress relief as the harder you drive them the more they like it.......
Old 07-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Adept

Please be patient .... The doctor will be with you shortly.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blue.coupe

Truggy is second only to Scale in most parts of the county. Like I said, MOST parts of the country.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M.Gustafson
Truggy is second only to Scale in most parts of the county. Like I said, MOST parts of the country.
Yeah, we have had a few show up. Mayfield has had a few that I have seen.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Oh they are around the west tn and west ky area for sure. Would be nice if they came out in numbers again.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:34 AM
Tech Addict

Default Truggys

If you want to run against truggys, then come to THE HAWK PIT. We have a good class of fast and soon to be fast drivers. Its our biggest and fastest class. Yes, fastest class...if you have a buggy that you think can beat our truggys, bring them out and try.....Scott

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.