Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Tennessee-Kentucky Racing
Check In, Race @ The ROCCK May 26th Saturday >

Check In, Race @ The ROCCK May 26th Saturday

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check In, Race @ The ROCCK May 26th Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 09:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

The only complaints about marshaling for me is the guy who just take his leisurely time to get the car and the guy who is too lazy to pick the damn thing up to put it on his wheels so he kicks it right back on his lid. When I Marshal I give it my best, running, jumping, dodging and most of all getting the car going again...
Old 05-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BMenard17
The only complaints about marshaling for me is the guy who just take his leisurely time to get the car and the guy who is too lazy to pick the damn thing up to put it on his wheels so he kicks it right back on his lid. When I Marshal I give it my best, running, jumping, dodging and most of all getting the car going again...
did we see the same guy with bad soccerskills?

i guess the marshallthing will always exist, and it will b up to the racers to remind their own and the other racers to do their marshall duties. honestly i forgot that i had to marshall one race yesterday.... was sooo upset that my buggy didnt start for the first two qualifies. a friend jumped in though.....

i think it could be worse with the turnmarshall situation, and who doesnt want to marshall should find someone, or just dont race.

we better should talk about the great raceday yesterday... i had a blast, at least from the third round of qualifings. the battle with ken in the 2wd sct A-main and finally the first race with my nitrobuggy in the B-main made my day....

thanx john ,kris and lance for running the races and a successfull 3rd raceday at the ROCCK.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Afun
Who Said Kyosho??
Alan is a RedCat kinda fella...

As always if it wasn't for the camaraderie at the track, I would have detonated my gear on site, left it a smoldering mess for a hazmat team....

Nitro is a cruel mistress, but I still love her...
Old 05-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

though I didn't race (next time) , i came out to watch and show some support for about an hour and a half. I did notice that while there seemed to be enough marshals,there could have been 1 or 2 more in certain parts of the track. I would have went out and volunteered to marshal if i didn't wear flip flops and "good" clothes to ruin. The main thing i noticed to be at fault while marshaling was the lack of awareness. I can't count how many times I yelled "BEHIND YOU" while sitting in the stands lol. As more time passes, people will get used to the fact that marshaling is part of the territory and it will begin to tick like clockwork.

As always, it seemed like everything was going smoothly. Keep up the good work ROCCK leadership!
Old 05-27-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

How about Thunder Tiger Limy!

Hey Guys, do not let this turn marshall things get you down. Its the same at all tracks. I think we did OK yesterday, but we have room for improvement. Later in the afternoon when the sun died down, I may kicked around a few shortcourses.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Another thing that you electric guys need to think about...REVERSE.

Making a fat man run to get you and then putting it in reverse when we get there is just CRUEL.

I really don't give a rip about reverse, its the running that bothers me....
Old 05-27-2012, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Got two turntables and Consentino on the Microphone.......

Great Job!!!!

Old 05-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I thought reverse had to be disabled or not used?
Old 05-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Reverse should not be allowed in races period. Not only does it piss off a Marshall that is busting butt to get to ya just to have it backup when u bend over. Almost had one go up my leg. Second thing is u can ruin someone's race by backing into them. I'm no club member but this is something to be discussed.

Marshaling should be done on how you the racer would want to be marshalled. Overall it was good and fun was had. Will be back to the next race!!
Old 05-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

I had an absolute blast driving the truggy yesterday and the buggy was fun until the rear shock let go!!

Heres a carnage pic!! BTW I dont have a fancy camera.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BMenard17
I had an absolute blast driving the truggy yesterday and the buggy was fun until the rear shock let go!!

Heres a carnage pic!! BTW I dont have a fancy camera.

I am guilty of that!!!!! I hit the last pole holding up the pit stand full throttle and I was humming in the last heat!!!! Hit so hard my truggy hit it and actually bounced backwards!!!!! I took off driving and something just didn't feel right, went over the truggy before the mains and didn't see anything. I did that on the warm-up lap before the main. Turns out the a-arm was broke and finally let go in warmup. Also bent the hinge pin, snapped bottom of the shock end off!!!!! Good day of carnage but will be fixed by the weekend!!!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 04:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

[QUOTE=gixxer420;10785749]Reverse should not be allowed in races period. Not only does it piss off a Marshall that is busting butt to get to ya just to have it backup when u bend over. Almost had one go up my leg. Second thing is u can ruin someone's race by backing into them. I'm no club member but this is something to be discussed.
QUOTE]

I agree, I disable reverse in all my electrics and obviously there is no reverse in nitro. People can disable reverse in all classes. I've seen comments in the past about mabey they don't know how to disable reverse in their speedcontrols. Well someone could show them. We used to dock laps for someone getting caught using reverse. I stepped on a buggy in the late 80's because a kid that used reverse, the buggy didn't survive the accident, I broke a rear suspension arm on his car.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KillerBarracuda

I agree, I disable reverse in all my electrics and obviously there is no reverse in nitro. People can disable reverse in all classes. I've seen comments in the past about mabey they don't know how to disable reverse in their speedcontrols. Well someone could show them. We used to dock laps for someone getting caught using reverse. I stepped on a buggy in the late 80's because a kid that used reverse, the buggy didn't survive the accident, I broke a rear suspension arm on his car.

Sure it was an accident...It was an elephant/mouse situation and it scared you. You stomped it. Poor kid.....