Wiki Posts
Search

Check IN, Sir Gooney's May 3

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Check IN, Sir Gooney's May 3

Who is in on the 3rd? I will be there ready to run VTA and will bring a 17.5 too. The beave is the same. Dad will have a legends there ready to go also. Hopefully the Beave and I can get down on these alternating thursdays as regulars and we can grow the VTA program. I beieve we can have at least 15-20 regulars in VTA. Working on getting Dad one now.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Ill be in fl for 10 days so ill be missing some VTA action until next time.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Check........Legends and pan car
Old 05-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'll be there. I may throw together an extra VTA car to sell. It's been about a year since we had any 17.5 touring on the track. Would you consider USGT? 21.5 and cool bodies. I have headlights in mine (pic in avatar)
Old 05-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ill be hopefully there with vta, and maybe legends.... :-) and maybe hemi with vta
Old 05-02-2012, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Legends......check
I know of at least 3 more legends that are coming and 2 more pancars.

I put an advertisement on Craigslist as well. You never know what you are going to get on craigslist so I thought I would see if we could generate some interest or curiosity on there.

Last edited by coors40light; 05-02-2012 at 06:03 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Regular

Wish I had a 21.5 or would run usgt. Someone was asking about running 17.5 is why I mentioned it. We have the full driver insides in our cars now so we are vta legal. Anybody ever run the legends on road course up there?
Old 05-02-2012, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by competionpark
Wish I had a 21.5 or would run usgt. Someone was asking about running 17.5 is why I mentioned it. We have the full driver insides in our cars now so we are vta legal. Anybody ever run the legends on road course up there?
I probably have an extra 21.5. Back before the track redesign we did run legends cars on the road course. VTA should be a nice full class. I'm not sure we've had enough USGT cars show up to run yet. I always bring mine and know of a few others that have them. I wish it would take off.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

17.5 is a spec class we are kicking around for pancars. If i remember it is 17.5 motor, open ESC, single cell lipo, truck bodies, open gears, and i think blue ring spec tires. We ran legends on the 'old' road course last year; it was a lot of fun. But, i think everyone likes running them on the oval now. We can certainly ask everyone to see if they would like to try racing them on the new road course.

Also, i would like to start a point series either this week or next race. My thought was to keep track of everyones total laps in the mains and have those compound each week. So for example if you ran 20 laps in the VTA main this week you had 20 points going into next race, if you ran 19 next race you would carry 39 point into the next race and so on. That should keep the points race close......as long as you dont miss a race. Any thoughts?
Old 05-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would like to try Legend onroad... Ill bring Mine. I wont Run oval though.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

TI like the idea of a points series, and your format is cool. But, I think there should be a throwout resultin there somewhere. Also, how will you differentiate beteeen say a 23 in 8:02 vs 23 in 8:17? Not trying to be a pain, just thinking through questions before they arise. Sliding scale maybe? Also bonus point for TQ. Also should tech cars after finals.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Im up for anything as far as legends and pan cars go. As long as it doesnt cost extra to run the road course. I would still love to run oval though with these cars. Maybe we could alternate the legends every other race day??? Maybe that way the on road guys can keep an even playing field with us oval guys as far as the points system goes. And I do love the idea of a points series. Kinda makes ya wanna do better week to week, cause after racing The ROCCK and seein these guys get 1st, 2nd, and 3rd framed tophies I thought that was pretty awesome!!! It would give the goonys regars somethin to race for. As far as the 17.5 spec class for pan cars goes, Im up for that as well, just put a 17.5 system in mine last night. Just need to add a truck series body to it......
Old 05-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Good thought on the TQ, we could make it worth 1 extra point. I am basically modeling the points system after what they do in Harriman. So in your question both would be awarded 23 points on the night unless one of them TQ'd.

We could do a graduated points system but i am worried that there would be too much disparity after a couple of races and people would loose interest. My thought is that this will help keep the series simple and close; and may help motivate continual attendance. On your thought about having a throw away or throw out race. Maybe at the end of the ‘season’ we could throw out your highest and lowest weekly score and get a champion after that….just a thought

Again, this is all up for debate so if you have any other ideas, throw them out there.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

it would be cool if we ran the points race eight to ten races with a road course or two for the legends kinda like watkins glenn in the chase. Just a thought. 17.5 spec pancar should be about right, but since you said any esc, boosted or not? Not running pancars just thinking. really looking forward to racing some onroad this summer. If I could just get dad and a few more people from my neck of the woods into vta...
Old 05-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Not sure about the boosted ESC in the 17.5 spec pan car. Ed Tabor will be at the track tommorrow, he knows all the details on the spec, we can ask him tommorrow. I figure 8 to 10 races for the points series is about all we will get in since we are only running twice a month.