Wiki Posts
Search

Thunder RC carpet oval

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sracer811
I,m sorry ,I wouldn,t let you run your slash 4x4 on the carpet track.You didn,t even have a body on it. Don,t know if you didn,t understand what we were talking about on here or what.Every one of those people ,your talkin about,has put money,time. and even a little blood,into the carpet track.So don,t get offended when they say no,and slam the door,and throw mud all over peoples cars on the way out.
NO you wouldn't even listen to me! All you heard was slash and assumed it was for off road. No one gave me the chance to explain. It has been converted into a gt8 light and has foam tires on it, and as for the body issue there were 2 cars running as I left that didn't have bodies on them so I guess it's who you know at your place that matters. And I have talked with other people in the area and they to have had similar experiences.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok here's the deal I'm the track owner and would still like for you to come back as I never want to have anybody go away mad and not have a good experience here at Thunder. I understand the offroad trucks on the carpet with foams and we have never let them run on the carpet at thunder. It's not a cliché or that we don't want you to be able to run it's just that if they roll over the can cut the carpet with shock towers with screws pointing out and as the pan cars don't have front shock towers there is near no chance they will cut the carpet. And yes it was a gut reaction but a couple weeks ago we had a guy put his slash on the carpet to check the radio with dirt covered tires so yes we are a little gun shy lately. But if you owned the $4000 worth of carpet you would limit what happens on it wouldn’t you. Trust me I have had guys that want to run drift cars on the carpet and I had to turn them away as it will tear up the carpet. I want you to come back so much that I'll even give you a free entry for one of the classes that we have at the track. Unfortunately right now offroad trucks with foam on the carpet is not a class that we have. I try to put on a great show at thunder and make sure everybody has a fun time. But as in all things sometimes stuff come off as you’re not one of us so stay away. Which if you know me and how much effort that I put into thunder you will know that I want everybody having fun racing. And along with the rest of the guys that support thunder and race at it on a weekly basis we are one big racer family and yes sometimes dysfunctional. And if you are so stuck on never coming back at thunder I can suggest that you go over to the hawkpit offroad in Whitehouse or action hobby offroad in Clarksville or hobbylobby pavement track in Brentwood. They all have tracks and would welcome you just as I would like to a second time. How many other track owners would tell you where else to race if you had a bad experience at his track. I do that because I want you to have fun racing this hobby even if it’s not at my track. If you have any more questions or comments please call me or post them on here I have nothing to hide even if you had a bad experience. I just want you racing and having fun like I have been for the last 25 years

Robert Dirla
615-499-6151
Ps if I don’t answer leave a voice mail my day job frowns on person phone calls during work hours.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rarelyseen
NO you wouldn't even listen to me! All you heard was slash and assumed it was for off road. No one gave me the chance to explain. It has been converted into a gt8 light and has foam tires on it, and as for the body issue there were 2 cars running as I left that didn't have bodies on them so I guess it's who you know at your place that matters. And I have talked with other people in the area and they to have had similar experiences.
As far as your comment about two vehicles with no bodies attached... I was there the entire night and didn't see one car or truck on the carpet without a body. If they were I can tell you that they weren't at speed, most likely checking steering.

The bottom line here is that there is no platform for offroad vehicles to run on the carpet no matter the shape, size or conversion at Thunder or any other track that actually cares about keeping their carpet in good shape.

The fact that you could come on to a public forum and make accusations about our track and the people who bust their asses to keep it as nice as it is without making a single attempt to contact the owner privately is enough for me to hope that you keep your slash at home.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rarelyseen
Ummmmm no! I'm never coming back to that track. No one talks to you unless you are in there "click". And when you do finally talk to someone they look down on you. If this is how the RC community is here in Nashville I want nothing to do with it!

Look at it from our side. I think that is a fair thing to ask....We have a track that is purpose- built by us, the racers, with our personal money and time. In addition to this we pay entry fees every week to race. We also have vehicles that we have spent a lot of money on as well to race on that track. We spend a lot of time keeping that track in as good of condition as possible. I spent 3+ hours cleaning it a week or so ago(just the track surface itself). A lot of that time was spent on my hands a knees getting every last piece of trash out of the carpet. Another thing to keep in mind is what comes through the door down there. It is kind of a public facility, and we welcome all levels of racers and people interested in the hobby. But I have often seen people show up with cars that they were just there to run and didn't care what they tore up or damaged - whether it was their vehicle or our facility. So looking at it from our side, you show up with a different type of vehicle than what is normally run there, nobody knows you yet, and it is a race night (on these nights it is hard to get to know people, they are focused on what they are doing) Plus the track was in-use by the guys that are racing at that time. I think if you understood and knew the time and dedication most of us have put into what little we have there you would feel differently about the situation.

I will also go so far as to bet you there are some of the most helpful people in rc at that track. You just have to come a few times and get to know some of them. When I first started racing there it took me a while to get to know anyone. I just kept going and finally made some friends.

Last edited by mracer; 02-11-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Went to pm. Sorry for putting it here ,but now I know who to talk to.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default Tour Race - ThunderRC

Tour Race - Feb 25th - Thunder RC raceway - Nashville TN

Practice on Friday -- doors open at 1:00 pm

Race Sat - doors open at 7:30 am

Sounds like its going to be a BIG turn out

See you all there -
Old 02-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Tour Warm up race - Feb 17th - Nashville, TN

Come on up and tune your race car for the Tour race -

Friday night racing -

Open at 5:00

Race @ 7:00 pm
Old 03-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default carpet oval- March 17th

Carpet oval race - Saturday, March 17th

Doors open at noon

Race - 3:00

Come run some circles
Old 03-17-2012, 11:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks to brian for another great time of oval hobby fun.I think I like cot class. The place is quiet without dirla,s announcing skills.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sracer811
Thanks to brian for another great time of oval hobby fun.I think I like cot class. The place is quiet without dirla,s announcing skills.