Wiki Posts
Search

The HobbyTown Request List

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Originally Posted by JS-toe
Kris, We have a club in Knox County,The ROCCK, we have over 150 members. You could argue with the people here on the forums, where everyone has a big "S" on their shirt, or you could reach the people of our hobby with tact and purpose. The club has contacted parts suppliers all over to help meet the needs of the hobbyist. We are currently working with an eBay store owner from E TN. He wants to bring a shop to Knoxville and fill the needs of RC's who live and play in Knoxville. We think we have found a place he can set up shop.
As news letter editor for the ROCCK, I would like to offer you help reaching the RC'ers you want in your store. I think you can reach your goal of that handshake quicker and more efficiently.
John
So are you saying ROCCK members on rctech have a big "S" on our shirts?
Old 09-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Limywidget
They said that I couldn't use a lighting bolt from a mage goat with a Charisma less than +200. They insulted me and asked me never to return.
Everyone knows that a lightning bolt from a mage goat is OVERPOWERED. Learn to Warhammer newb!

On the stock SCTE wheels, I was under the impression that they were fine as long as you lose the fake beadlocks and screws that hold them on. Plus I've seen complaints about the DE wheels.

I'm just excited that I can go to HT and get parts for vehicles that aren't Traxxas. I'd much rather support a local hobby shop (even franchised ones) as that will allow more people to get in to RC.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Tech Champion

The only complaint about de wheels I have is that I don't have enough of them
Old 09-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Kris, We have a club in Knox County,The ROCCK, we have over 150 members. You could argue with the people here on the forums, where everyone has a big "S" on their shirt, or you could reach the people of our hobby with tact and purpose. The club has contacted parts suppliers all over to help meet the needs of the hobbyist. We are currently working with an eBay store owner from E TN. He wants to bring a shop to Knoxville and fill the needs of RC's who live and play in Knoxville. We think we have found a place he can set up shop.
As news letter editor for the ROCCK, I would like to offer you help reaching the RC'ers you want in your store. I think you can reach your goal of that handshake quicker and more efficiently.
John
Not 100% sure what you are proposing and what I should be doing next with ROCCK. Can you elaborate?
Old 09-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

John
ok, forgive me...I just said I was done but had to take note that your idea of tact is to tell Kris (who is trying to build up HT) that you'll put him in touch with all the local racers; but at the same time tell him ROCCK is bringing competition to town to sell against him???

hmmm, my "S" shirt may stand for "Smartass". Would your's stand for "Shifty" or "Scheming"?
Old 09-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am just dying to know in what general area of town this new hobby shop will be located in?
Old 09-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Its a BIG secret no one is supposed to know.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gouge
ok, forgive me...I just said I was done but had to take note that your idea of tact is to tell Kris (who is trying to build up HT) that you'll put him in touch with all the local racers; but at the same time tell him ROCCK is bringing competition to town to sell against him???

hmmm, my "S" shirt may stand for "Smartass". Would your's stand for "Shifty" or "Scheming"?
Heh yeah I thought it was kinda odd he mentioned the ebay store thing. We don't mind the competition though, forces us to do the best job possible.

I knew you wouldn't leave me Gouge
Old 09-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

It looks like I should be able to get SAVOX servos through one of our distributors, HRP. I'll talk to the owner about getting these servos in when I work tomorrow.

I have submitted an email with DE Racing about getting their stuff.

-KW
Old 09-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

So I am trying to put 2 and 2 together? What are some ebay stores the begin with "S" or have an "S" as a symbol? I know I am slow, Stormer Hobbies? Or Gouge's "Smartass" hobbies?
Old 09-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

What John is referring to is commonly referred to as the "Keyboard Cowboy". Hence the "S" on the shirt.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

I don't wear the "S". But, wearing a cape whilst on the internet does help with perspective and from my experience increases bandwidth as well. Just sayin....
Old 09-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Ohhhh, told you I was slow.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mjealey
Ohhhh, told you I was slow.
Me too. That's the first time I have heard of Keyboard Cowboy. Usually I hear the term troll instead.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HTKris
Well I put those wheels on there cuz AJ said this:

"...you would think that they would have atleast the stock rims for the trucks they sell (4x4 sc10 - SCTE) I mean they are interchangeable or the protrack rims with more then just one set ordered at a time."

Soooo should I not get the SCTE stock rims? As for DE Racing, I do not see them listed on my distributor's websites so I'll have to research that one a bit and see what I can do.

I'll add this to the list! x2

I'll add the kit one to the list too. Mitch recommended the truggy so I put it on there.

Thank you for the feedback!
i wanted the truggy lol. doesnt have to be on there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.