Old 03-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default Shortcourse 2wd & 4wd chat

Everything 2wd & 4wd shortcourse
Old 03-26-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Brian are you having many probs with ur desc.. I think if I take my time with the build I would be fine. Also not to use the kit thread lock
Old 03-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

No but the front diff did fail twice, also took my time and use auto grade blue locktite. Other than that its great
Old 03-26-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CORRRCR
No but the front diff did fail twice, also took my time and use auto grade blue locktite. Other than that its great
OKay good to know some peeps are dawging it here and there. But I'm still in love with it as well as my dex..
Old 03-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

let the haters hate.... ANY new R/C IS going to have problems, check out the losi's list of failed parts... sc10 4x4 isnt out yet but im sure there will be something that sucks about it.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Associated's big problem is delaying the release dates...Half tempted to get the Losi 4x4 but it will just sit until dirt season and besides, March-May is our busy time and I will only be off on the 2nd Saturday in April so I might as well wait. It will probably rain like it did today and no racing...ah well, I did get to sleep in today to 7am...

What problems are the Losi 4x4s having? They look like a scaled down 8.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CORRRCR
let the haters hate.... ANY new R/C IS going to have problems, check out the losi's list of failed parts... sc10 4x4 isnt out yet but im sure there will be something that sucks about it.
Thats exactly what I think let'em hate.. Will hopefully order this wk if all goes as plan.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ImGoinRCn
Associated's big problem is delaying the release dates...Half tempted to get the Losi 4x4 but it will just sit until dirt season and besides, March-May is our busy time and I will only be off on the 2nd Saturday in April so I might as well wait. It will probably rain like it did today and no racing...ah well, I did get to sleep in today to 7am...

Looks like broken diff pins, broke shock towers, broke bumpers, premature driveline wear ( some issues may be from bashers ). from what ive read these are the major complaints so far. Jason Gentry bought one and is yet to drive it because of novaks sensor issue on the new motors but he should have it running next weekend and we will have local results on the losi soon after.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here are my thoughts

Durango 4x4 - new platform
SC10 4x4 - new platform
Losi 4x4 - converted proven platform

Not saying one is better and the Losi is infallible, but my money is the proven platform until other wise.

The Losi is a convrted TEN-T. Which is basically a scaled down 8. Jason G. has one and it looks very nice.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Rockit RC
Here are my thoughts

Durango 4x4 - new platform
SC10 4x4 - new platform
Losi 4x4 - converted proven platform

Not saying one is better and the Losi is infallible, but my money is the proven platform until other wise.

The Losi is a converted TEN-T. Which is basically a scaled down 8. Jason G. has one and it looks very nice.
Thanks for the input Denton. I'm still considering the Losi or the Associated, prolly just get the AE because I have all AE anyway. Losi might be a close second and the Durango...overpriced! If it was the same as the other two, it would be a distant 3rd. I personally am leery on exotic r/c cars, but that's me. I'm not in a hurry to get one, just want to get the right one.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default losi xxxscb

Have you all seen this yet?

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodID=LOSB0107

XXX short course buggy

I'm getting one! Very scale, I've seen these in full scale, they are awesome.

I see another class coming on!

John
Old 03-27-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the input Denton. I'm still considering the Losi or the Associated, prolly just get the AE because I have all AE anyway. Losi might be a close second and the Durango...overpriced! If it was the same as the other two, it would be a distant 3rd. I personally am leery on exotic r/c cars, but that's me. I'm not in a hurry to get one, just want to get the right one.
On another note. I read somewhere (maybe here) that every time Associated has released something brand new. It has gone straight to the winners circle. The extra time they take on release works out the bugs...I guess.

Granted they have the best drivers, but they can't get to the podium with junk.

And that is from a Losi fan boy!!
Old 03-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

There is a chance that I will return to 4x4SC once a track is complete and if I do, it will be with this:
Clicky

Looks like they took the best of 2 trucks and made one...
Old 03-27-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by helmsey
There is a chance that I will return to 4x4SC once a track is complete and if I do, it will be with this:
Clicky

Looks like they took the best of 2 trucks and made one...
Loved my hyper but she's heading to PA monday
Old 03-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I'm in for the Associated truck. I like the looks of the Durango but feel parts availability for the AE truck will be easier if you break something while out racing with several people running them. To be honest, the belt drive touring cars I've been running have me leaning in the direction of the AE truck. I'm sure they've done their homework on the truck and belt drive is nothing new to off-road cars. Will it be hard to work on? Who knows until you have to work on it. Seems like Associated always makes it a bit tough to get to certain screws without removing something else first.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.