Shortcourse 2wd & 4wd chat

Old 03-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default 4wd short course

I was really interested in the Cactus Classic would turn out. If there is a huge difference in chassis performance all of these top guys are good enough to exploit it. Losi, AE, Durango all had their best racers there and the results tell me that all three trucks are good enough to get to the winner's circle. AE got the TQ, Losi got the win, and Durango was probably the fastest on the track at the end(European driver Hupo was getting better on the american track, imo) I think you could buy what you like between these three and be fine. There are other pieces to the puzzle in these results...like tires. For example maybe Truhe(Losi) AKA tires were better than Mayfield's (AE) Jconcept tires at the end......who knows. But at the end of the day all three trucks looked great on the track.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:29 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gouge
I'm in for the Associated truck. I like the looks of the Durango but feel parts availability for the AE truck will be easier if you break something while out racing with several people running them. To be honest, the belt drive touring cars I've been running have me leaning in the direction of the AE truck. I'm sure they've done their homework on the truck and belt drive is nothing new to off-road cars. Will it be hard to work on? Who knows until you have to work on it. Seems like Associated always makes it a bit tough to get to certain screws without removing something else first.
+1
Old 03-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grubster
I was really interested in the Cactus Classic would turn out. If there is a huge difference in chassis performance all of these top guys are good enough to exploit it. Losi, AE, Durango all had their best racers there and the results tell me that all three trucks are good enough to get to the winner's circle. AE got the TQ, Losi got the win, and Durango was probably the fastest on the track at the end(European driver Hupo was getting better on the american track, imo) I think you could buy what you like between these three and be fine. There are other pieces to the puzzle in these results...like tires. For example maybe Truhe(Losi) AKA tires were better than Mayfield's (AE) Jconcept tires at the end......who knows. But at the end of the day all three trucks looked great on the track.
I was trying to watch all of it on liverc.com and was pulling for mayfield but the races were good and close.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

I got the rango out to goonies today and didnt have one single problem.... thankfully. Im going to take it apart to inspect every inch tomorrow. The truck is sooo smooth and jumps very easily. I cant wait for the first race in the dirt.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

well, the more I looked at that Ofna I posted earlier I just couldn't do it. I did happen to get an email from Tower yesterday that had some promo codes on it. After looking at them, I ended up pre-ordering the SC10 4x4.. hopefully it will be released early April like thier site says, April 1 would be good for me
If any of you are pondering this, if you get the tower codes and free shipping, you can get this for a steal...
Old 03-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default sc10 4x4

Nice to see there will be more than a few of us with the SC10 4x4......maybe one of the local shops will stock parts. Exchanging set-up info is also a plus. On that note, Who's running a xxx-sct this year besides Rick, Kenny, and me? Is it just the three of us against the Associated Empire?
Old 03-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by grubster
Nice to see there will be more than a few of us with the SC10 4x4......maybe one of the local shops will stock parts. Exchanging set-up info is also a plus. On that note, Who's running a xxx-sct this year besides Rick, Kenny, and me? Is it just the three of us against the Associated Empire?
My 7 Year old
Denton also has a converted XXX.