Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 scale chat

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 07:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grubster
I know last year split level only ran short mains in 1/8 buggy. I hope he will let us run a 15-20 minute main this year. He could cut one of qualifying rounds for all I care, but nitro isn't nitro if you don't run a little bit longer main than the electrics. If its a short main, I'll just stick with the electric classes.
A minimun of 20 and 15 minute mains are perfect for the pro and sportsman class during the average single day event club racing IMO. The only time they really need to be longer is for Titles and Points Series races. All nitro classes should be longer across the board for the bigger events for the obvious reasons.

For me, I just love racing Nitro, there is no equal in RC. I can honestly say if I never would have seen and heard a gas truck, I would not be into RC.

Last edited by LUV DA AIR; 04-19-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Burning nitro will make you pee in the bed
Old 04-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

I love running 1/8e buggy, do not get me wrong I like 1/8 gas also but my wife wants no part of pitting me so it is nice just being able to put the car on the track and go. If geared correct and with good batteries a 20 min main is no issue. I run at dalton all the time and have no issue with there 20 minute mains. And the beauty of it is batteries are only getting better and I do not see the cost of nitro fuel going down anytime soon.

Heywood
Old 04-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

I went to a race in Alabama this weekend and they ran 2 15min mains in 1/8e and we ran triple 10 min. mains in SCT. That was so cool to get same run time as the gas guys.

Heywood
Old 04-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KnoxVegas
only those that are easily spooked by loud noises.

Originally Posted by hhbarton11
I love running 1/8e buggy, do not get me wrong I like 1/8 gas also but my wife wants no part of pitting me so it is nice just being able to put the car on the track and go. If geared correct and with good batteries a 20 min main is no issue. I run at dalton all the time and have no issue with there 20 minute mains. And the beauty of it is batteries are only getting better and I do not see the cost of nitro fuel going down anytime soon.

Heywood
I went to a race in Alabama this weekend and they ran 2 15min mains in 1/8e and we ran triple 10 min. mains in SCT. That was so cool to get same run time as the gas guys.

Heywood
LOL, my wife is the best pit person I know of. Actually the only pit person Ive ever known of to get a trophy at a race for pitting. Dude said, "DUDE!, I've never seen a woman grab the car, fuel it and throw one down pit lane like that before." She has been around racing for a while though, and she is also a Werks Racing team driver.

Thats goood to know about the 20 minutes Heywood.........I cant wait to get mine. Hopefully it will be before the State race. After driving a couple of them, my main reason to build one is to hit the track a couple times after work though out the week with minimal maintenance and maximum laps.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LUV DA AIR
only those that are easily spooked by loud noises.

LOL, my wife is the best pit person I know of. Actually the only pit person Ive ever known of to get a trophy at a race for pitting. Dude said, "DUDE!, I've never seen a woman grab the car, fuel it and throw one down pit lane like that before." She has been around racing for a while though, and she is also a Werks Racing team driver.

Thats goood to know about the 20 minutes Heywood.........I cant wait to get mine. Hopefully it will be before the State race. After driving a couple of them, my main reason to build one is to hit the track a couple times after work though out the week with minimal maintenance and maximum laps.
Wow! My wife hates rc cars. what she hates most is that on race day it would complete consume me and I pretty much didn't know she existed....I guess that was a mistake

Luv, what's your real name? Have we met?
Old 04-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Addict

So if I show up with a B5 or B6 your wife can make it right?
Old 04-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

Heywood
What motor and battery are you running to get 20 minutes? I think I can get close but really not sure I can go that long. Currently running a 2200kv w/4s 5400 mah. I have a 2050kv, but not sure how much more time that will get me. Track size probably factors in some also.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ditto^^

I could get 20 min easy at Karns last year with 2200kv on 4s 5000mah, but i think that a large track would greatly reduce that. I'm looking to get some more batteries so i'm interested to see what is needed to make the longer mains.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by grubster
So if I show up with a B5 or B6 your wife can make it right?
Not a chance, she's one of those privileged drivers that just drives. If you need help tuning your Werks not a problem, show up with anything else and its your problem. LOL, actually it dosent matter what engine you run. Nobody gets left behind at Harmony, well until the start of the race anyway. That's why we have a strong nitro class here. Everyone helps everyone, we have something a lot of tracks are missing ......unity.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

What motor and battery are you running to get 20 minutes? I think I can get close but really not sure I can go that long. Currently running a 2200kv w/4s 5400 mah. I have a 2050kv, but not sure how much more time that will get me. Track size probably factors in some also.
I run castle 1800kv with a MaxAmps 5650 4s.
The Gearing I have been running is 14/46

Heywood
Old 04-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Adept

So will getting zapped with 5400mah of electricity!
Old 04-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcscotty
Old 04-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcscotty
If my bullet plug standoffs were not melted into your sure-grips that wouldn't have happened
Old 04-21-2011, 01:23 AM
Tech Adept

LMAO! A trip to Dixon I will never forget! Can wait to do it again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.