Wiki Posts
Search

Lets go play in the dirt!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Originally Posted by KnoxVegas
Doubt it unless you bring one (a class that is). Do you have a 2wd ready yet? If not it looks like just me, you, Todd and Jason . . . bring what you got and we will figure out how to run them when we get there. I think Todd and I would let you run the 4wd w/our 2wd's if you run your 4wd buggy with ours
I doubt a 4x4 sc class will happen and Im crazy but not crazy enough to run my 1/10th buggy with 10 or so 1/8th scales. I may just stay in the knoxville area or hit up a track with a bigger sc turnout.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Its about the wheel time in the dirt w/new vehicles. Looks like a real possibility it would only be us 3 for the electric classes. Awful big track for 3 cars, we won't break your 1/10, if you won't break our 2wd scts . . . if it would change your mind I would run my b4 against your durango . . . again.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Its about the wheel time in the dirt w/new vehicles.
Thats really what I'm after. I built my XRAY the first of December and it has not seen anything other than our local ONROAD track..... I can't wait to get it on the dirt and see what happens. Hell, I might run it and hate it
Old 03-31-2011, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by helmsey
Thats really what I'm after. I built my XRAY the first of December and it has not seen anything other than our local ONROAD track..... I can't wait to get it on the dirt and see what happens. Hell, I might run it and hate it
I sure don't see that happening. I have herd nothing but great things about the 808. You guys have a blast this weekend and please post how much you like the car.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CORRRCR
I doubt a 4x4 sc class will happen and Im crazy but not crazy enough to run my 1/10th buggy with 10 or so 1/8th scales. I may just stay in the knoxville area or hit up a track with a bigger sc turnout.
I doubt 4x4 SC is gonna happen unless they come from your direction. The guys from SC are getting ready for Silver State in Vegas. I would say it wont be long before we do have a class. After going the Easley, Sc a few weeks ago and seeing those guys run. It raised a few eyebrows and got quit a few of us gas guys considering them. Easley has got a kick arse SC/Corr truck scene, and its growing. The track is perfect for SC trucks and the crowd and operator are some very cool people..

Its about the wheel time in the dirt w/new vehicles. Looks like a real possibility it would only be us 3 for the electric classes. Awful big track for 3 cars, we won't break your 1/10, if you won't break our 2wd scts . . . if it would change your mind I would run my b4 against your durango . . . again.
Wheel time is more important than anything IMO. Even with a bad set up you can still do pretty decent laps if your used to it.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

One more bump for this in case anyone else wants to go. Kenny and I will be meeting at the 407 exit tomorrow morning at 9:00AM to go up and race with the Harmony Hills folks.
I'm not going to be around the computer much tonight so if you want to reach me about this call or text me.... 865-389-6829, leave a message if I dont answer
Old 04-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Todd, looking at the nitroaddicts site it looks like we are going to have 4-6 for sct and maybe 3 for 1/8e.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Jason and I have work in the am then we are going to goonies so you guys have fun.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:44 AM
Tech Adept

Radar is showing the rain pushing out from us. Track will be high bite and a bit rutty today. If the track stays moist(doubtful), just about any tires are gonna hook.

See everyone there!
Old 04-02-2011, 04:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

See yall out there
Old 04-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Ron - thanks for running a great event today. Everything went smooth and I had an absolute BLAST! I will definitely be making another trip up there before the state race, I have got to get that XRAY dialed in.

Kenny - just got my batter off the charger from the 15 minute main and put ~3500 back in it. So in theory I could have made it another 5 minutes With that said, 15 minutes gave me a lot of time to be on my lid so it wasn't pushed like it could have been , great to know we can do 15 minute mains now
Old 04-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ron - thanks for running a great event today. Everything went smooth and I had an absolute BLAST! I will definitely be making another trip up there before the state race, I have got to get that XRAY dialed in.

Kenny - just got my batter off the charger from the 15 minute main and put ~3500 back in it. So in theory I could have made it another 5 minutes With that said, 15 minutes gave me a lot of time to be on my lid so it wasn't pushed like it could have been , great to know we can do 15 minute mains now
Did you get to run SCTs? How did yall do?

I thought about yall too much today. Man I really wanted to be there!
Old 04-03-2011, 05:24 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you from everyone at Harmony Hills.

It was great to have you and Kenny and great meeting you Todd. You did great for your first time at the track. This track is very momentum orientated. You can have a desent lap with no wrecks but if you get off timing and blow a corner or loose your momentum it drops your lap time pretty good. This is something that looked liked you had absolute no problem with. I love seeing a new racer fast out of the box. Especially from out of town racers, It makes the local guys want to get faster and motivates them.

Ill have to admit I was pulling for you to whoop Kenny. Even though he not a local to us, we kinda adopted him cause he has been to more races here than some of the racers here have............. Not only that, hes showed up at the track before me more than once....

Cant wait to do it again!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

Sounds like you guys had a great time at HH. I can not wait to go race there. I have never met Luv DA Air but you can tell from the forumes he is a stand up guy. Hey.... just a thought, on the HH web site they are hosting a trophy race on the 16 of this month, maybe we could try and get a lot of the Knoxville crew to go up there are run that weekend. I know with me and my son that would be 2 1/8 electric and 2 SCT. My racing at the GCS this weekend did not go so well, just had a rough day. The car worked great, I just never could figure out the lines to run. It is tough to goto a race like that and do good when you only get about 30 minutes of practice before qual's start.

Heywood
Old 04-03-2011, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rockit RC
Did you get to run SCTs? How did yall do?

I thought about yall too much today. Man I really wanted to be there!
We did run SC's, there were 4 of us. I won and Kenny was second.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.