Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Tennessee-Kentucky Racing
Sir Goony’s Speedway. Home of the ROCCK (Radio Operated Car Club of Knoxville) >

Sir Goony’s Speedway. Home of the ROCCK (Radio Operated Car Club of Knoxville)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sir Goony’s Speedway. Home of the ROCCK (Radio Operated Car Club of Knoxville)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 03:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can SOMEONE tell me what is going on with the roadcourse? Are we going to have one OR not?...I got a VTA getting rusty...Just some insight, we can get a bigger crowd there on Saturday if there was the oval and roadcourse back. Maybe some more people like me that likes to do both...
Old 05-31-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Old 05-31-2013, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hotrod05
Can SOMEONE tell me what is going on with the roadcourse? Are we going to have one OR not?...I got a VTA getting rusty...Just some insight, we can get a bigger crowd there on Saturday if there was the oval and roadcourse back. Maybe some more people like me that likes to do both...
So.......................... you planning on racing tomorrow night?
I will get with John and Julio and find out the plans on the road course, should have an update tomorrow at the race......be there to find out what it is.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JKyte5
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!?!?!?!?!?
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Link

For effect.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by coors40light
So.......................... you planning on racing tomorrow night?
I will get with John and Julio and find out the plans on the road course, should have an update tomorrow at the race......be there to find out what it is.
Planning on it...up in till the weekend of the 4th...
Old 06-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Goonies Race

Too bad the main got rained out tonight but myself and my son Hank had a great time thanks to some much needed mechanical help from Jason Gouge.

A big thanks to Lee for putting on great event,very smooth and fluid from beginning to end.We will be back for the next event for sure.

Thanks,Wes Moneymaker
Old 06-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks to everyone who came out tonight. Sucks that we ended up getting rained out......again, but i think everyone had fun.
So, I guess we have two options.
We can resume where we left off next week and finish the qualifiers and run the mains next week. Then run a 'make up' race for those who want to come out, but no points will be awarded for the 'make up' race.
Or we can wait til the following week and run a normal program, weather permitting, and count that as our first points race.

Your thoughts.....

Last edited by coors40light; 06-01-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks to everyone who came out tonight. Sucks that we ended up getting rained out......again, but i think everyone had fun.
So, I guess we have two options.
We can resume where we left off next week and finish the qualifiers and run the mains next week. Then run a 'make up' race for those who want to come out, but no points will be awarded for the 'make up' race.
Or we can wait til the following week and run a normal program, weather permitting, and count that as our first points race.

Your thoughts.....

My vote is to pick up where we left off next week,that way we are not running a week behind right off the start.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Moneymaker77
My vote is to pick up where we left off next week,that way we are not running a week behind right off the start.
I think that is what we will do.
So, we will finish the qualifiers and run the mains first. Then have a relaxed non-points race program for fun.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:48 AM
Tech Initiate

I think that is what we will do.
So, we will finish the qualifiers and run the mains first. Then have a relaxed non-points race program for fun.
Sounds good,i will pass the word.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone know how to get ahold of Tony Sexton or Alan Douglas?
Old 06-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

So if I'm reading this correctly, we ARE racing on 6/8 ????? If so, I'll finally make it to a race
Old 06-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JKyte5
So if I'm reading this correctly, we ARE racing on 6/8 ????? If so, I'll finally make it to a race
Yup, we will finish the mains from last week first (should take about 30 min), then run a non points race program. So there should be plenty of action this Saturday at Goonies........of course weather pending.

Also, and it will be in the ROCCK newsletter, but I am looking for a few volunteers to walk with me in the Farragut 4th of July parade with the Goonies crew to pub our track. I am going to drive one of my cars and it would be nice to have some others drive their cars to show different classes we have racing at Goonies. That includes road course cars as well, as we should be up and running in a few weeks.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Right on.....also I'm buyin a Associated RC18 late model off a guy on craigslist, brushless powered with lipo and radio for $80. I dunno if it's a good deal or not. So I may tryy my hand at that class as well if enough show up......
Old 06-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Fun night of racing on Saturday. Thanks to everyone who came out. Wayne Young picked up right where he left off before the rains came last week and pretty much dominated the mains for our first points race, prop's to him. The pan car 100 lapper was very entertaining as was the legends 100 lapper. Congrads to Carl for the sweeping both Mains.......sucks for him it was not a points race.

I would like to try and get a new class started. I know there are a couple of guys who have an M05 (03), so lets set that up as a spec class. Benny and Justin said they will bring theirs next week and I am going to try to get to Performance Hobby this week to pick one up and have it built.

Rules: must be a stock kit, the only upgrade is the bearing kit you can purchase for it. So....stock (kit), unmodified, motor and ESC, stock (kit) shocks and springs, stock (kit) tires, and you have to run NiMH batteries. Winners will be tech'd at the end of the mains.

Thoughts......

Last edited by coors40light; 06-09-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.