Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Tennessee-Kentucky Racing
What happen to 1/8 Latemodel in E. TN.? >

What happen to 1/8 Latemodel in E. TN.?

What happen to 1/8 Latemodel in E. TN.?

Old 01-29-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default What happen to 1/8 Latemodel in E. TN.?

Like it says, what happen to it, just to suddenly die like that?
Are there any plans for a track in the Knoxville area?
I know about the one in Karns.
I'd like to see it come back as a spec class, using the rules old C&S is using for their limited classes minus the foam tires and run the rubber tires
Old 01-30-2011, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Default hmmmm....

..."the rules old C&S is using for their limited classes minus the foam tires and run the rubber tires..."

I think some people just wanna come out and "run what they brung". Too many rules seem to take the fun out of the hobby, sometimes. The short course revolution has replaced the oval car, you get the same feel of scale racing w/o all the drama of the local oval-tollah Khomeini complaining about your cars set-up being "illegal".

I'm just saying...
Old 01-30-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JS-toe
..."the rules old C&S is using for their limited classes minus the foam tires and run the rubber tires..."

I think some people just wanna come out and "run what they brung". Too many rules seem to take the fun out of the hobby, sometimes. The short course revolution has replaced the oval car, you get the same feel of scale racing w/o all the drama of the local oval-tollah Khomeini complaining about your cars set-up being "illegal".

I'm just saying...
Oh so they let a full on modified SC run in the stock class?
You mean there are no rules in SC?
No I think it was track owners trying to please everyone just to get an entry fee, there has to be a entry point for any kind of racing.
C&S rules for Limited class is that it has to be a production car, with little to no mods allowed, but when you allow cars that cost 1000.00 before motor and electronics in a limited/ beginner class that will run racers off.
And the fact alot of guys dont have the knowledge to set up an oval car didnt help either.
There has to be 3 levels to any racing, an all out run what you brung
A mid level with rules setup to put things in the drivers hands not money spent.
And a true rookie class.
You say its fun, but racers have a competitive nature, you run mid to back of pack the fun soon ends and they sell out
Old 01-30-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Naw, you just wait til Heath comes around to lap you and you put him in the pipe. Its fun in and of itself.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Limywidget
Naw, you just wait til Heath comes around to lap you and you put him in the pipe. Its fun in and of itself.
But I have a fender with your name on it...who hits who first...

Is it spring yet?? Not racing since the end of December is about to kill me.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Same here. I got the RC8 out the other day to annoy the neighborhood dogs. I am just short of making my own track in my backyard. I have two kids that need work.....hehehe.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

You say that now, but trust me 38 years in and around racing from full scale to RC, when you run in the back and have thrown money at it to try and win and dont the fun leaves and so do you.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

I know Karns is building an oval, I hope they look at C&S (Nitro Barn now)
looks at the rules they have in place.
Any update on that track?
Old 01-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ImGoinRCn
But I have a fender with your name on it...who hits who first...

Is it spring yet?? Not racing since the end of December is about to kill me.
Heath, I can't wait either....my last race was December of '07! By the way, you only get one shot at my rear quarter panel.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ovaloldtimer
You say that now, but trust me 38 years in and around racing from full scale to RC, when you run in the back and have thrown money at it to try and win and dont the fun leaves and so do you.

As my fellow drivers know....with my skillset I can take a Tyco from Radio Shack and school any local driver we have....

Yeah, I hear ya. I have never raced oval, but I can tell you this. I am not the fastest driver out there, but with offroad its not all about being the fastest down the straights. Its finesse through jumps and corners with consistency. I think that levels the playing field. I have felt competitive just about every time I go out and I run a Slash 4x4 that is bone stock. You can take a rich guy like Heath and buy him the best of the best stuff and he will still end up in the chicken wire. I am biased I know, especially since I haven't raced oval and could see where the dough would be a factor with oval. I don't feel like it applies to offroad. I could be wrong....its happened before....I think it was '97.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

I have been around 1:1 scale racing with carts and tq sprints and I would agree 1000% about money being a factor. Who builds your motors? Do you? Or do you send it off to an expert and he tweaks the booger and you get an edge....but that edge costs a lung and or a kidney.

All comes down to money when it comes to being competitive unless there are rules in place to level the field.

Come race off-road and then everyone can pick on Heath.....
Old 01-30-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

As my fellow drivers know....with my skillset I can take a Tyco from Radio Shack and school any local driver we have....

Yeah, I hear ya. I have never raced oval, but I can tell you this. I am not the fastest driver out there, but with offroad its not all about being the fastest down the straights. Its finesse through jumps and corners with consistency. I think that levels the playing field. I have felt competitive just about every time I go out and I run a Slash 4x4 that is bone stock. You can take a rich guy like Heath and buy him the best of the best stuff and he will still end up in the chicken wire. I am biased I know, especially since I haven't raced oval and could see where the dough would be a factor with oval. I don't feel like it applies to offroad. I could be wrong....its happened before....I think it was '97.
I have built my own engines in the past, and have won with them, but next season we picked up a engine and tire sponsor at no cost to me, just his name on the kart, no pressure for my driver lol which is my son.
Money affects offroad just as much as it does oval. you mat not see it in the SC class but its there.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ovaloldtimer
If you have been racing for 38 years and are still in the middle and back of the pack then that may tell you to go and find another hobby.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by grubster
Heath, I can't wait either....my last race was December of '07! By the way, you only get one shot at my rear quarter panel.
That's ALL I need.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Regional Moderator

You can take a rich guy like Heath...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.