Old 11-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Offroad/Oval in Harriman Tn.

Wear it out!
Old 11-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Thanks Heath.... didn't think about that when I posted in the other thread.

Here is the link for the vid from today.... clicky
Old 11-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Regional Moderator

Nevermind

Last edited by ImGoinRCn; 11-13-2010 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Nevermind
Old 11-13-2010, 04:14 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by helmsey
Thanks Heath.... didn't think about that when I posted in the other thread.

Here is the link for the vid from today.... clicky
Not a biggie. I just thought about it and decided to post about it.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

That looks like it would support an 1/8 scale buggy. Maybe on 2s. Or is the track owner limiting the track to the SCT's.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Limywidget
That looks like it would support an 1/8 scale buggy. Maybe on 2s. Or is the track owner limiting the track to the SCT's.
Hmmm, 2s might be interesting. If mine hasn't sold I will take it out with me next trip (assuming they don't mind) and run it.
You should bring your 4x4 out and run it next weekend, I think they will run well out there.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Tech Regular

I would guess that the 8 scales might not be good unless they can come up with a tire that has no pins. Terry said that he really didn't want any pin tires on the carpet. Thanks guys for showing up today. I just got home and I am beat. We will have the changes done for Saturday morning. We also cam up with a better idea and I think you guys might like it. You will see it Saturday. Doors open at 10:00, racing starts at 11:30. I think he is charging $15 and you will use the transponders that he has. SCT's 2wd and 4wd. Kit type tires only. Those proved to work pretty well. As for the 8 scale e-buggies, bring them and show me a tire that is not a pin. I will see how many show up. It could be a little narrow for them. Glad you all had fun.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Originally Posted by tmr22
I would guess that the 8 scales might not be good unless they can come up with a tire that has no pins. Terry said that he really didn't want any pin tires on the carpet. Thanks guys for showing up today. I just got home and I am beat. We will have the changes done for Saturday morning. We also cam up with a better idea and I think you guys might like it. You will see it Saturday. Doors open at 10:00, racing starts at 11:30. I think he is charging $15 and you will use the transponders that he has. SCT's 2wd and 4wd. Kit type tires only. Those proved to work pretty well. As for the 8 scale e-buggies, bring them and show me a tire that is not a pin. I will see how many show up. It could be a little narrow for them. Glad you all had fun.
Give me 5 mins and my tires will have no pins .Ill have a set worn bald easily no problem. Charging batteries as we speak.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Pix of track

Here is the layout showing the proposed extended section and other elements. I understand shapes and pictures better anyway.

Tim said its a little different. Love to hear what you came up with.

It is really a cool place you should check it out. It will be a blast. A great way to keep the race on through the winter. Getting ready for Arts new track layout (its sweet!)!!!

Tim, thank you for the hospitality and setting everything up. That was too much fun yesterday. Hope you get the ofna (remember what it stands for?) going for next week.
Attached Thumbnails Offroad/Oval in Harriman Tn.-track1.jpg  
Old 11-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not 100% sure how to take it . . . but lmao at the labeling.

Update on my first carpet oval outing . . . well, had some bad luck with electronics. Burned up one motor by running foam tire gearing with stock rubber tires (my fault ), had a stock servo go haywire (as far as I know, not my fault), then in the main had another brushless motor literally came apart into pieces (not my fault). Other than that it went great. Thanks for the excellent chassis setup help from Tim & other help from Fox. The thing is on rails and you never have to lift. When running the car is very competitive. All things considered, I have decided to cut my losses. I really don't think the carpet oval w/current class offerings is for me. Update to the for sale thread coming soon.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KnoxVegas
Not 100% sure how to take it . . . but lmao at the labeling.

Update on my first carpet oval outing . . . well, had some bad luck with electronics. Burned up one motor by running foam tire gearing with stock rubber tires (my fault ), had a stock servo go haywire (as far as I know, not my fault), then in the main had another brushless motor literally came apart into pieces (not my fault). Other than that it went great. Thanks for the excellent chassis setup help from Tim & other help from Fox. The thing is on rails and you never have to lift. When running the car is very competitive. All things considered, I have decided to cut my losses. I really don't think the carpet oval w/current class offerings is for me. Update to the for sale thread coming soon.
What were you running, your SC truck?

Also, what classes are they running on oval?
Old 11-16-2010, 06:07 AM
Tech Adept

They are currently running -

1/18 Losi LM S Class - which is what I had to run - nimh batteries stk motor or 4200kv bl

1/18 Losi LM L Class - lipo batteries, everything else the same but you have prove yourself in the S class to run with the big boys in the L class (i did get approved )

1/10 Pan Car Class - pretty much whatever you want to run but it is a 5 sec breakout class

1/10 Legends - same as pan cars, run what you want but it is also a breakout class
Old 11-16-2010, 09:15 AM
Tech Initiate

i want to come check out the track this weekend. is there an address or directions from athens? how about a schedule? thanks =)
Old 11-16-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Coolwhip2642
i want to come check out the track this weekend. is there an address or directions from athens? how about a schedule? thanks =)
Gadget Hobbies
204 Trenton St.
Harriman, TN 37748

http://www.gadgethobbies.com/contact.htm
Old 11-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

I will have my B44 with me this Saturday...... Anybody else think they might bring a 10th scale buggy with them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.