Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Knoxville area touring cars

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 09:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Knoxville area touring cars

I'm looking into possibly buying a 1/10th scale electric tc and I have seen some videos of Lail speedway in Maryville and was wondering if there are any asphalt tracks in the Knoxville area that do not require a NASCAR style body and are also road courses. I am more interested in BMW and other import body styles. Also any advice on chassis or rtr kits would be helpful.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Sorry to say but i don't think you will find TC racing in Ktown you will need to go to Nashville i would say.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

here is some info...hope you make it out soon....

http://www.nashrcracer.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=62

http://www.thunderrcraceway.com/

http://www.coolspringsracing.com/

http://www.nashrcracer.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=23

we get ppl from all over the region that come he for the on-road fix...
Old 07-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Rookie

I don't actually have a touring car, but I've been interested in some TC races around Knoxville too. I looked around a few years ago and the best I could find was some indoor racing in Harriman. When I didn't find any real TC interest, I gave up on getting one, but I've never really lost the bug.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default TC racing in Knoxville

Originally Posted by KnoxJL
I don't actually have a touring car, but I've been interested in some TC races around Knoxville too. I looked around a few years ago and the best I could find was some indoor racing in Harriman. When I didn't find any real TC interest, I gave up on getting one, but I've never really lost the bug.
I feel your pain. Moved here from TX about 3 yrs ago, and the best I can do is parking lot with losi dots for a temporary track. Because of this, I have not invested in any TC upgrades, still run my old shaft drife Accociated just to get the itch out.

However, Hobby Town USA in Turkey creek is hosting parking lot racing every other sunday and they will include a TC class with a minimum of three participants. I always bring mine, another guys sometimes brings his, and if you pick up a used one on ebay we may have an offiical race. Let me know if you decide to pick one up...
Old 07-27-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by luvtorun
However, Hobby Town USA in Turkey creek is hosting parking lot racing every other sunday and they will include a TC class with a minimum of three participants. I always bring mine, another guys sometimes brings his, and if you pick up a used one on ebay we may have an offiical race. Let me know if you decide to pick one up...
I checked them out this Sunday, it was pretty fun. I don't think I can pick up a new car right now, but hopefully someone on this forum will be the third regular, I'd love to come out and watch!
Old 10-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Touring Cars in Knoxville TN

did you ever pick up a TC? I know of 6 other guys that have them, we are running on Saturday evenings after we finish up with off-road running at the Kans Split Level Track.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

did you ever pick up a TC? I know of 6 other guys that have them, we are running on Saturday evenings after we finish up with off-road running at the Kans Split Level Track.
Running where?
Old 10-26-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We are racing on-road in Nashville this Sunday
Old 10-27-2010, 07:36 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I still have my sedans and 12th scale from the old carpet road racing days...One sedan is just for left turns only!