December 6 Race

Old 12-07-2003, 12:17 AM
Tech Adept

Talking thanks bivens

i had a blast ,it was a awsome night of racing ,we converted ea to a tc3 lol what a night i had 2 good runs all night i will have to invest in some new lock nuts irs ones?
Old 12-07-2003, 05:57 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: thanks bivens

Originally posted by tnstantheman
i had a blast ,it was a awsome night of racing ,we converted ea to a tc3 lol what a night i had 2 good runs all night i will have to invest in some new lock nuts irs ones?
the TC3 I ran, I used the Bud's ones and had no problems. My car, I lock tight them and they don't fall off.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

So who won?
Old 12-07-2003, 09:01 AM
Tech Addict

Default Heath's TC3...

For the record...I now have Heath's TC3....the Bud's nuts he quotes as being sooooooo good stink after too much use....I had problems with them coming loose...I now use IRS locknuts....

To give Heath credit, I think the Bud's nuts maybe OK if you replace them when they first start falling off....kindof keep them fresh.....I like them better since they are smaller and easier to get a wrench on in a dish wheel....

Big Dog....as for results.....

Don't know who won novice......

Dennis, Jeff, and Heath were all fast in Stock, Stan was fast also and won the main....

Jody won 19T with some Great racing early from Scotty....EA had his usual first lap crash-fest but was VERY fast....too much given up too early...Ryan, Scotty, and EA were all extremely fast in the qualifiers also.....constantly duking it out for TQ....and Chad also had some VERY fast laps.....

Skeen won 1/12 (stock) and was class of the field...EA (driving Lee's carpet Knife) battled it out for 2nd....I took 2nd with some SERIOUS "Dirla-like" hacking.....sorry Eric....cleaner next time.... Ryan F. had a great night until the main (his first time with a 1/12). There was also a good field of "newer" 1/12 drivers...John, George, Peyton.......10 small cars in one main is fun....when all of the newer 1/12 drivers get used to a crowded track, there will be some great racing....only 5-6 cars finished - due mainly to early-race hacking.....I think John and Ryan are SOLD on little cars now...

(for the record...EA had me covered except for ONE corner that he REALLY likes.....don't follow him too close through the entrance to the chicane..... ....I want a piece of those Hyper-12's next time....get that thing ready....and bring Big-Dog with you...and the other one with the Green (?) 1/12)

Hopefully the Memphis crowd can make it back up soon.....and no "B" main stuff when you come back....

Last edited by Bivens; 12-07-2003 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I had a blast... I'd like to give props to Joe McCaulley for wrenching his own car for the first time. He did 99% of it all himself. He did really well, just wish he hadn't gotten hacked so bad in the main. Would've been nice to see him finish well.

I want a full heat of 12th every time. that is just too cool. Sorry about the hack in the 2nd or 3rd round Scotty... but you DID say Robert told you to punt me like that so you KNOW I HAD to punt you back LOL All in fun though... BTW don't forget about my bottom pod plate you owe me... no rush, just whenever they get it in.

Also... I'd like to give props to Sutton!!! he had a FAST car Saturday night... now how'd he get all that power??? LOL

Glad I could help the man out... Started feeling bad for him for a little while... had some rough luck, but he'll be right in there soon.
Old 12-08-2003, 05:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Sutton!!

Sutton ran one of my packs a few weeks back and figured out he needed to buy some new one's!!! LOL

Sorry I could not make it....

Old 12-08-2003, 02:29 PM
Regional Moderator

Results are published. www.smokymtn.rctech.net
Old 12-08-2003, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Default Results....

Thanks Ross.....

Just looking over the results.....Check out the 19T sled race.....Jody won but wasn't any faster than anyone else....just more consistant.....and look at EA's times.....only ONE bad first lap.....He's getting more consistant also...Great run for Scotty also... (wish James was in it also....maybe next time)

And 1/12 scale.....Question for Skeen....Did you run faster laps in any of the heats than you ran in the main....Based on qualifying, I thought you were WAAAY faster than we were running, but the main does not look that way.....did you ease it back, or did we pick up....?? (Lee, thanks for letting Eric run you car, that was a fun race). And Thanks again James for the tires....
Old 12-08-2003, 11:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Results

In the main my lap times were alot slower than in the qual. in bothe 19t and 12th scale. In 19t on one of the fist or second lap crashes I bent a dogbone realy bad, I'm surprised it didnt pop out. In qualifying I was consistantly in the 14 secound range, my fastest was a14.5. In 12th scale my chassy was dragging. But I still had a blast all day. I realy like 12th scale! Thanks for your help Bivens.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for your help Bivens.
You're welcome....and also thanks to James, Skeen, and Robert, Scotty, Lee, and everyone else for running the little cars...they really are a Great time.... It's cool to see new interest.....

Sutton, you bringing your's out anytime soon???
Old 12-09-2003, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Bivens... yeah it was the 6th run on my motor and it was tired... I also undergeared the car trying to get punch. I was REALLY slow in the main. I turned a couple of 14.3's in either the 2nd or third round and a bunch of 14.4 and 14.5 laps... I'm having trouble with this new motor... just can't get any rip out of it. My monster is faster, but I really need to figure out this thing they call a motor before next year LOL

ANYONE who was thinking about getting the NEW trinity quad stock FORGET IT... as far as I can tell the monsters look better on the track and on the dyno. At least wait till someone figures them out... $.02