I got a new V7.1 installed in Gunnar's buggy in time for Friday's race #5 of 7 in the series. He ran good in qualifing but took a surprising 4th out of five.
The first main he ran good with a couple of wrecks and I thought he was in second but he was listed as 4th again... Now something doesn't seem right.
The second main I kept a close eye on his position and was running first and was being called as fourth! Then I noticed his transponder wasn't registering every time over the line. HIS TRANSPONDER WASN'T WORKING! I told the RD and he watched and said "yup, it's broken. I'll fix the count after the race."
After the recount, he got first.
The third main Gunnar used a different transponder. Had a good run with one or two bobbles and had a significant battle for first at the end. Didn't quite make it and got second.
Overall he got the win though and is still on top in the points chase!
My race interesting too, but I'm done typing right now.