R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 04-03-2014, 10:16 AM   #16
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Next week
Cristian Sent you a PM. I cannot get anyone at the hobby shop to return my email or telephone enquiries about my two orders. Please see if you can get someone to respond. Thanks
John Wallace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:59 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default RSD129 RSD TC6.2 High Response Top Deck

RSD129 RSD TC6.2 High Response Top Deck

I have been testing along with a few people these top decks lately. We are very happy with the results as they increase the response of the car increasing body roll. The car overall is more precise and lap times dropped about a tenth in our medium high grip carpet.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:07 PM   #18
Tech Elite

We recently started importing the team prime shock from Japan. It is a nicer Hot Bodies style shock with Ti Nitride coated shaft, hard anodized, machined piston and set screw spring cup.

I have been running it on my X12 with 30wt center shock oil and RSD Purple center spring. The car gains tons of steering and the damping is way more consistent, lasting much longer in between runs.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:43 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Hi Cristian, have you managed to get around to measuring Xray's 2.5 short springs yet?

Will you also be updating the Universal spring chart as it's missing some of your newer springs?

I also tried the Light Blue (16lbs) springs recently back to back with Xray's 2.7's which should be softer, but the Light Blue's felt almost too safe where I was expecting them to be more aggressive and similar to HPI Silver

Thanks
Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:29 AM   #20
Tech Elite

No I have not gotten to test them, just got some new equipment to test in house, so I should get to it soon.

I have some data that I need to add when it comes to springs, i will do it soon before next week, I promise.

I find that the linear springs tend to be very safe and the progressives much more aggressive. If you are looking for more aggressive, perhaps our red springs might be a good option. I know our new batch is slightly softer.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:50 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm actually looking for a spring softer then the blacks for the xray. Curious, as this chart I have on spring rates from companies shows a teal spring that's lighter then xray 2.3's, you make. Yet I can't find them?
Old 04-17-2014, 10:21 PM   #22
Tech Elite

The white spring is actually softer than the black. The teal is a tc6 specific spring and it won't fit on the T4.

The White spring would be the equivalent of about a 2.2
Old 04-18-2014, 05:46 AM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Interesting, as the chart shows different. I was using the black/blue. Now it's black/xray 2.3.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #24
Tech Elite

The chart actually does not have the white springs listed. i'll get the chart updated over the weekend. I promise.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:18 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Hi guys!

We are looking to add a few Team Drivers to the RSD family. If you think you have what it takes, please send a resume to:
contact@reflexracing.net.
Tell us a little about yourself, where you race and why you think you could make a good addition to the team.

Please, no inquiries or resumes on the forums or via PM. The only way we will look at them will be via email.

Depending on the number of resumes received, it will probably take a while to sort through them. Once we do, we will contact those who make the cut.

Thanks!
Old 05-02-2014, 03:24 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Hi Cristian, what do you find to be the main difference between an Alu chassis and OEM item if all settings and setup etc are the same?

Does the setup window reduce or make it easier?
RD Disco
Old 05-05-2014, 08:17 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Sorry, I had not seen this Damian.

I have not gotten to test much on asphalt. As for carpet, I think the benefit is in the stability of it. The car is easier to drive hard, maintaining the composure better at speed. One thing I am doing is using 5x of the spec R special shoulder screws instead of regular screws on the top deck to increase flex. This is important in medium and low grip conditions in order to gain a little bit of flex back. Basically I am only using the 2 forward most screws and the 2 most rearward screws on the top deck. In the other 4 top deck locations, and the center motor mount screw, I am using the special shoulder screws. These screws help locate the top deck, but don't bolt it down, making it quite a bit more flexible.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:01 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Default A Little Project in the way

For the past couple of months we have been developing Lexan bodies. As of the past week we have finally been able to start bringing this project to fruition. I leave you guys with some pictures. If you have any questions, please ask.

So far the testing is going really well. By the end of the week some samples will start getting shipped to some of our team drivers so that we can get some feedback. Right now, I need to make 1 change to the TC mold so that it fits the GBS rules. The bottom side skirts flare out a bit too much so we need to shave the mold a tid bit to make it legal. Everything else was measured to spec in order to insure that the bodies are ROAR legal, and we should be submitting them soon for approval.

One really nice development is our featherweight line of TC bodies. They are much 15-25g lighter than what is available in the market today. These will be especially beneficial on small to medium-sized, medium to high bite conditions. In testing, they are 0.1 seconds faster per lap and also overheat the tires much less. The performance is awesome as well. The body is designed to switch directions quicker than a Mazdaspeed 6, but at the same time, maintain the balance of stability and smooth response it has. The shorter overhang in both front and rear allow this. The rotation of this body is really nice. You can really feel the difference with it.

I am going 0.05-0.1 seconds faster with our lightweight version over the Mazdaspeed 6/ the GX and LTC-R and a further 0.1 seconds with the featherweight body. I really do think that we have a winner, at least for american style carpet tracks. We will see over time if the case is for other types of surfaces.

The featherweight body is extremely flimsy. I would think that in order to run it outdoors with Mod motors, you would need a 5th body post. Indoors, this is not an issue whatsoever.

The R12SS body is designed to fall in between the CRC Audi and the AMR-12. I have done limited testing with it and so far I really like what we have. The car is "freer" in the middle of the corners than the AMR, but has a mellower. initial steering response than the CRC Audi. Laptime wise, I am running the same hot lap at the beginning of a run than with the AMR, but at the end of the run the car is about .15 seconds quicker. This tells me the car is being more efficient and is not as loaded in the corners. I really like it.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:47 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Sorry, I had not seen this Damian.

I have not gotten to test much on asphalt. As for carpet, I think the benefit is in the stability of it. The car is easier to drive hard, maintaining the composure better at speed. One thing I am doing is using 5x of the spec R special shoulder screws instead of regular screws on the top deck to increase flex. This is important in medium and low grip conditions in order to gain a little bit of flex back. Basically I am only using the 2 forward most screws and the 2 most rearward screws on the top deck. In the other 4 top deck locations, and the center motor mount screw, I am using the special shoulder screws. These screws help locate the top deck, but don't bolt it down, making it quite a bit more flexible.
I ran the Xray alu chassis on Sunday at our asphalt track. In one run I removed all layshaft and centre post screws, but this made it too lazy, lost 0.3s per lap.
Running with the centre post was quickest, but I think the car was better on our track with the kit chassis.
Also tried the green progressives v's the Xray 2.7's but as the track had gotten a bit hot I couldn't accurately tell which was better.

Keep us informed on the bodyshell's they certainly look interesting.

I thought about applying to be a team driver but I don't suppose a UK based driver is much use to you.

Skiddins
RD Disco
Old 06-17-2014, 09:49 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Hi Cristian, will you be attending the Worlds in Kissimee?
RD Disco