R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2017, 07:41 AM   #271
JAE
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,596
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Thank you. Would you happen to know how strong the gauss is onnthese rotors (1600-1700)?thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyzhang View Post
V16 has shorter coils like the MC2 and team scream and use stronger rotors. I think both design can be good at bottom end depending on how strong the rotor is chosen.
JAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:28 PM   #272
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,362
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
I believe the drive feel has changed a little, feels softer but has better rip. Also feels like more brakes, about 5-7% more brakes and no fade towards the end of the run. The dead finger has decreased about 5%, so about 85% before it hits. The top kick isn't as violent as the previous version. All in all, its feels pretty good.

Still pending ROAR approval of course.
Web site now shows software as ROAR approved. There 2 new versions of software available. B418107 and B418018 with throttle softening.

Just some clarification on the B418018 software. I talked to Steve about this yesterday and its not a straight upgrade with the current driver software. The 018 requires a different driver for the program box,and a program updater for the pc. (available via dropbox) If this is used, you will not be able to communicate to any of the speed controls with older software loads. The 018 software is being developed for modified motors, and is in early development stages. SO, if your running your speed control in blinky classes, it would be best to use the 107 software until the 108 has been completely developed.
M@t likes this.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Team VBC HK
Team R1WURKS
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics

Last edited by Johnny Wishbone; 05-18-2017 at 07:53 AM.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:01 PM   #273
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Floresville, TX
Posts: 793
Default

I noticed on the TQ website that there is a 25.5 version of the V16 motor. I assume that even with the shorter coils etc., it will still meet the IR spec for 25.5 motors. Does anyone know for sure? BTW people running the 17.5 and 21.5 versions of this motor in practice for a big On Road series were very impressed and very saddened that they couldn't use it in the race because it wasn't ROAR approved yet.
John Wallace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:46 PM   #274
Tech Master
 
Ivan Dickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cali Love USA
Posts: 1,577
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
BTW people running the 17.5 and 21.5 versions of this motor in practice for a big On Road series were very impressed and very saddened that they couldn't use it in the race because it wasn't ROAR approved yet.
17.5 V16 is roar approved, view roar website=>click here
Also see attached thumbnail below
Attached Thumbnails
R1 Wurks brushless motors-r1-v16-roar-approved.jpg  
__________________
SPECIAL THANKS TO ✦ MY WIFE ✦✦ GLOBAL PRIVATE FUNDING ✦✦ JGO PAINTZ ✦✦ TQ RC RACEWAY ✦✦ TAMIYA RACEWAY ✦
Ivan Dickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:47 PM   #275
Tech Master
 
Scott B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NOR-CAL
Posts: 1,209
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
I noticed on the TQ website that there is a 25.5 version of the V16 motor. I assume that even with the shorter coils etc., it will still meet the IR spec for 25.5 motors. Does anyone know for sure? BTW people running the 17.5 and 21.5 versions of this motor in practice for a big On Road series were very impressed and very saddened that they couldn't use it in the race because it wasn't ROAR approved yet.
I'm pretty sure the 17.5 and 13.5 have been roar approved but I did not see the 21.5 when I last looked.
__________________
Mugen Racing USA, Gizmo Racing USA, Sweep Racing Tires, R1 Wurks, Protoform...
"When I want the truth I go to the internet because that's the magical place where no one lies"...
"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:55 PM   #276
Tech Elite
 
tandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: airdrie
Posts: 2,884
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tandman
Default

Excellent!!
__________________
Dwayne Flodell
Team Mad Scientist
-When you need mad rip.....call the Mad Scientist
Team Sweepracing-Rcamerica
tandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:09 PM   #277
Tech Master
 
idbdoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Above FltLevel300
Posts: 1,486
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
I noticed on the TQ website that there is a 25.5 version of the V16 motor. I assume that even with the shorter coils etc., it will still meet the IR spec for 25.5 motors. Does anyone know for sure? BTW people running the 17.5 and 21.5 versions of this motor in practice for a big On Road series were very impressed and very saddened that they couldn't use it in the race because it wasn't ROAR approved yet.
25.5 v16 and 17.5 v16 are approved , still waiting on 21.5
I will be testing 25.5 this weekend in F1. Motor dyno shows very good numbers.
idbdoug
__________________
www.serpentamerica.com
www.r1wurks.com
www.falconsekido.com
idbdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:32 AM   #278
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Floresville, TX
Posts: 793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbdoug View Post
25.5 v16 and 17.5 v16 are approved , still waiting on 21.5
I will be testing 25.5 this weekend in F1. Motor dyno shows very good numbers.
idbdoug
I see that too now but the race I mentioned was the 1st weekend in May and ROAR approved the V16 17.5 motor a few days later so he couldn't use it and the 21.5 still isn't approved

Let me know how the V16 25.5 works
John Wallace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 03:08 PM   #279
Tech Master
 
idbdoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Above FltLevel300
Posts: 1,486
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
I see that too now but the race I mentioned was the 1st weekend in May and ROAR approved the V16 17.5 motor a few days later so he couldn't use it and the 21.5 still isn't approved

Let me know how the V16 25.5 works
Motor is very good in F1. First day with motor was raceday as well as 1st day with new F1. I was a little conservative on timing and gearing but it was as fast as the other brands. will get more time with it soon and try some different settings and gearing
idbdoug
__________________
www.serpentamerica.com
www.r1wurks.com
www.falconsekido.com
idbdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:43 PM   #280
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1
Default

Hi all, I'm new to racing so just started off in the TC 21.5 Blinky class.

Running a v15 21.5 with the Digital 2 speedy.

Previously, I simply wasn't able to keep up with the other 21.5 cars in straight line speed - track standard is between 3.6 - 4 FDR on different motors (Team Powers and Fantom being the most popular) and I was at 3.77 at 55 degrees timing. Out of frustration, I maxed out timing to 60 degrees and went down to an absurd 3.57 FDR. Finally got the pace - but barely - all the other cars were within that 3.6 - 4.0 range in that particular race and the guy running behind me was at 3.8 (I don't know the details of the timing on Fantom motors but I did notice it was nearly maxed out - but not completely, unlike mine) yet he almost always caught me at the end of the straight (was claimed to be a tuned Fantom motor by the owner). Strangely, motor temps after a full 5-minute race were in the 50-52 degree C range (ambient temp during that race was at 11 degrees C)!

This is really confusing me... In my mind, I had already said goodbye to the motor when I made the changes - really didn't expect it to last for much longer after that race. But the temps say otherwise...

Checked the motor and esc temps from every point I could squeeze the laser pointer in on the two since the numbers weren't making any sense. ESC was almost cold to the touch.

Is there a possibility the end bell (or whatever that timing adjustment plate thing is called - sorry, still getting up to speed with the terminology) might not be "calibrated" correctly from the factory? Or have I got a unicorn that I can run 2 FDR on the track at max timing and still have temps under 80 degrees? lol
hasan_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:30 PM   #281
Tech Master
 
idbdoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Above FltLevel300
Posts: 1,486
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasan_i View Post
Hi all, I'm new to racing so just started off in the TC 21.5 Blinky class.

Running a v15 21.5 with the Digital 2 speedy.

Previously, I simply wasn't able to keep up with the other 21.5 cars in straight line speed - track standard is between 3.6 - 4 FDR on different motors (Team Powers and Fantom being the most popular) and I was at 3.77 at 55 degrees timing. Out of frustration, I maxed out timing to 60 degrees and went down to an absurd 3.57 FDR. Finally got the pace - but barely - all the other cars were within that 3.6 - 4.0 range in that particular race and the guy running behind me was at 3.8 (I don't know the details of the timing on Fantom motors but I did notice it was nearly maxed out - but not completely, unlike mine) yet he almost always caught me at the end of the straight (was claimed to be a tuned Fantom motor by the owner). Strangely, motor temps after a full 5-minute race were in the 50-52 degree C range (ambient temp during that race was at 11 degrees C)!

This is really confusing me... In my mind, I had already said goodbye to the motor when I made the changes - really didn't expect it to last for much longer after that race. But the temps say otherwise...

Checked the motor and esc temps from every point I could squeeze the laser pointer in on the two since the numbers weren't making any sense. ESC was almost cold to the touch.

Is there a possibility the end bell (or whatever that timing adjustment plate thing is called - sorry, still getting up to speed with the terminology) might not be "calibrated" correctly from the factory? Or have I got a unicorn that I can run 2 FDR on the track at max timing and still have temps under 80 degrees? lol
Your gearing is close because I would recommend in the 3.6-3.7 range. On one r1 21.5 v 15, I had to set nearly 65* on end bell to get 55* of actual internal timing and then on another 21.5 it was actually very close between can timing marks and actual internal timing. If u don't any kind of brushless analyzer , you will have to advance timing slowly to get near 150* or 65C
idbdoug
__________________
www.serpentamerica.com
www.r1wurks.com
www.falconsekido.com
idbdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:34 PM   #282
Tech Elite
 
tandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: airdrie
Posts: 2,884
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tandman
Default

Huge thanks to Steve for the v16 13.5's for Reedy!!!!! Looking forward to practice tomorrow with wicked power!! I will post gearing and timing as I figure it out 😀😀👍👍
__________________
Dwayne Flodell
Team Mad Scientist
-When you need mad rip.....call the Mad Scientist
Team Sweepracing-Rcamerica
tandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:26 PM   #283
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: WI
Posts: 1,332
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Question for Wurks owners. I picked up a new R1 Speedo and new V15 13.5, thus looking for info on what I should set the endbell timing at per use in 13.5 wheeler. Suggested FDR I believe is around 7.0.

Thank you
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:51 PM   #284
Tech Regular
 
Jorge T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: At a chemical plant in TX
Posts: 454
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Here are Doug's Motor results at different timing settings.
Each line is the average of 3 dyno runs.
Dyno is computer controlled to run 3 timed runs.

Table format:



Two different Graph formats
1. Over RPM,




2. Over Time.

Attached Thumbnails
R1 Wurks brushless motors-table-r125.5.png   R1 Wurks brushless motors-dyno-v1.png   R1 Wurks brushless motors-dyno-v2.png  
__________________
RSD MS
Jorge T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:31 AM   #285
Tech Master
 
zeakemedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,190
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post
Question for Wurks owners. I picked up a new R1 Speedo and new V15 13.5, thus looking for info on what I should set the endbell timing at per use in 13.5 wheeler. Suggested FDR I believe is around 7.0.

Thank you
Timing on a V15 should be 50-60 degrees.
Blake
__________________
DJO Race Designs | R1Wurks | Speedy's Racing Parts | The Ohio RC Factory
zeakemedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:54 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net