R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree6Likes

Old 05-15-2017, 07:41 AM   #271
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Thank you. Would you happen to know how strong the gauss is onnthese rotors (1600-1700)?thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyzhang View Post
V16 has shorter coils like the MC2 and team scream and use stronger rotors. I think both design can be good at bottom end depending on how strong the rotor is chosen.
JAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:28 PM   #272
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
I believe the drive feel has changed a little, feels softer but has better rip. Also feels like more brakes, about 5-7% more brakes and no fade towards the end of the run. The dead finger has decreased about 5%, so about 85% before it hits. The top kick isn't as violent as the previous version. All in all, its feels pretty good.

Still pending ROAR approval of course.
Web site now shows software as ROAR approved. There 2 new versions of software available. B418107 and B418018 with throttle softening.

Just some clarification on the B418018 software. I talked to Steve about this yesterday and its not a straight upgrade with the current driver software. The 018 requires a different driver for the program box,and a program updater for the pc. (available via dropbox) If this is used, you will not be able to communicate to any of the speed controls with older software loads. The 018 software is being developed for modified motors, and is in early development stages. SO, if your running your speed control in blinky classes, it would be best to use the 107 software until the 108 has been completely developed.
M@t likes this.
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics

Last edited by Johnny Wishbone; 05-18-2017 at 07:53 AM.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:01 PM   #273
Tech Fanatic

I noticed on the TQ website that there is a 25.5 version of the V16 motor. I assume that even with the shorter coils etc., it will still meet the IR spec for 25.5 motors. Does anyone know for sure? BTW people running the 17.5 and 21.5 versions of this motor in practice for a big On Road series were very impressed and very saddened that they couldn't use it in the race because it wasn't ROAR approved yet.
John Wallace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:46 PM   #274
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
BTW people running the 17.5 and 21.5 versions of this motor in practice for a big On Road series were very impressed and very saddened that they couldn't use it in the race because it wasn't ROAR approved yet.
17.5 V16 is roar approved, view roar website=>click here
Also see attached thumbnail below
Attached Thumbnails
R1 Wurks brushless motors-r1-v16-roar-approved.jpg  
Old 05-19-2017, 04:47 PM   #275
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
I noticed on the TQ website that there is a 25.5 version of the V16 motor. I assume that even with the shorter coils etc., it will still meet the IR spec for 25.5 motors. Does anyone know for sure? BTW people running the 17.5 and 21.5 versions of this motor in practice for a big On Road series were very impressed and very saddened that they couldn't use it in the race because it wasn't ROAR approved yet.
I'm pretty sure the 17.5 and 13.5 have been roar approved but I did not see the 21.5 when I last looked.
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:55 PM   #276
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tandman

Excellent!!
Team Sweepracing-Rcamerica
tandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:09 PM   #277
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
25.5 v16 and 17.5 v16 are approved , still waiting on 21.5
I will be testing 25.5 this weekend in F1. Motor dyno shows very good numbers.
idbdoug
idbdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:32 AM   #278
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbdoug View Post
25.5 v16 and 17.5 v16 are approved , still waiting on 21.5
I will be testing 25.5 this weekend in F1. Motor dyno shows very good numbers.
idbdoug
I see that too now but the race I mentioned was the 1st weekend in May and ROAR approved the V16 17.5 motor a few days later so he couldn't use it and the 21.5 still isn't approved

Let me know how the V16 25.5 works
John Wallace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 03:08 PM   #279
Tech Master

Quote:
I see that too now but the race I mentioned was the 1st weekend in May and ROAR approved the V16 17.5 motor a few days later so he couldn't use it and the 21.5 still isn't approved

Let me know how the V16 25.5 works
Motor is very good in F1. First day with motor was raceday as well as 1st day with new F1. I was a little conservative on timing and gearing but it was as fast as the other brands. will get more time with it soon and try some different settings and gearing
idbdoug
Old 05-22-2017, 11:43 PM   #280
Tech Rookie

Hi all, I'm new to racing so just started off in the TC 21.5 Blinky class.

Running a v15 21.5 with the Digital 2 speedy.

Previously, I simply wasn't able to keep up with the other 21.5 cars in straight line speed - track standard is between 3.6 - 4 FDR on different motors (Team Powers and Fantom being the most popular) and I was at 3.77 at 55 degrees timing. Out of frustration, I maxed out timing to 60 degrees and went down to an absurd 3.57 FDR. Finally got the pace - but barely - all the other cars were within that 3.6 - 4.0 range in that particular race and the guy running behind me was at 3.8 (I don't know the details of the timing on Fantom motors but I did notice it was nearly maxed out - but not completely, unlike mine) yet he almost always caught me at the end of the straight (was claimed to be a tuned Fantom motor by the owner). Strangely, motor temps after a full 5-minute race were in the 50-52 degree C range (ambient temp during that race was at 11 degrees C)!

This is really confusing me... In my mind, I had already said goodbye to the motor when I made the changes - really didn't expect it to last for much longer after that race. But the temps say otherwise...

Checked the motor and esc temps from every point I could squeeze the laser pointer in on the two since the numbers weren't making any sense. ESC was almost cold to the touch.

Is there a possibility the end bell (or whatever that timing adjustment plate thing is called - sorry, still getting up to speed with the terminology) might not be "calibrated" correctly from the factory? Or have I got a unicorn that I can run 2 FDR on the track at max timing and still have temps under 80 degrees? lol
hasan_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:30 PM   #281
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasan_i View Post
Hi all, I'm new to racing so just started off in the TC 21.5 Blinky class.

Running a v15 21.5 with the Digital 2 speedy.

Previously, I simply wasn't able to keep up with the other 21.5 cars in straight line speed - track standard is between 3.6 - 4 FDR on different motors (Team Powers and Fantom being the most popular) and I was at 3.77 at 55 degrees timing. Out of frustration, I maxed out timing to 60 degrees and went down to an absurd 3.57 FDR. Finally got the pace - but barely - all the other cars were within that 3.6 - 4.0 range in that particular race and the guy running behind me was at 3.8 (I don't know the details of the timing on Fantom motors but I did notice it was nearly maxed out - but not completely, unlike mine) yet he almost always caught me at the end of the straight (was claimed to be a tuned Fantom motor by the owner). Strangely, motor temps after a full 5-minute race were in the 50-52 degree C range (ambient temp during that race was at 11 degrees C)!

This is really confusing me... In my mind, I had already said goodbye to the motor when I made the changes - really didn't expect it to last for much longer after that race. But the temps say otherwise...

Checked the motor and esc temps from every point I could squeeze the laser pointer in on the two since the numbers weren't making any sense. ESC was almost cold to the touch.

Is there a possibility the end bell (or whatever that timing adjustment plate thing is called - sorry, still getting up to speed with the terminology) might not be "calibrated" correctly from the factory? Or have I got a unicorn that I can run 2 FDR on the track at max timing and still have temps under 80 degrees? lol
Your gearing is close because I would recommend in the 3.6-3.7 range. On one r1 21.5 v 15, I had to set nearly 65* on end bell to get 55* of actual internal timing and then on another 21.5 it was actually very close between can timing marks and actual internal timing. If u don't any kind of brushless analyzer , you will have to advance timing slowly to get near 150* or 65C
idbdoug
Old 05-24-2017, 09:34 PM   #282
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tandman

Huge thanks to Steve for the v16 13.5's for Reedy!!!!! Looking forward to practice tomorrow with wicked power!! I will post gearing and timing as I figure it out 😀😀👍👍
Team Sweepracing-Rcamerica
tandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:26 PM   #283
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Question for Wurks owners. I picked up a new R1 Speedo and new V15 13.5, thus looking for info on what I should set the endbell timing at per use in 13.5 wheeler. Suggested FDR I believe is around 7.0.

Thank you
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:51 PM   #284
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Here are Doug's Motor results at different timing settings.
Each line is the average of 3 dyno runs.
Dyno is computer controlled to run 3 timed runs.

Table format:

Two different Graph formats
1. Over RPM,

2. Over Time.

Attached Thumbnails
R1 Wurks brushless motors-table-r125.5.png   R1 Wurks brushless motors-dyno-v1.png   R1 Wurks brushless motors-dyno-v2.png  
Old Today, 09:31 AM   #285
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post
Question for Wurks owners. I picked up a new R1 Speedo and new V15 13.5, thus looking for info on what I should set the endbell timing at per use in 13.5 wheeler. Suggested FDR I believe is around 7.0.

Thank you
Timing on a V15 should be 50-60 degrees.
Blake