R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Team and Company Discussions (https://www.rctech.net/forum/team-company-discussions-105/)
-   -   DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread: (https://www.rctech.net/forum/team-company-discussions/70159-dc-motor-sports-discussion-thread.html)

Curtis Schlaht 04-23-2005 10:41 PM

DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread

Welcome to our little spot on the internet,

The goal is to use this forum as a tool for the loyal and dedicated racers that are choosing DC Motors around the world. Here you will be able to have the luxury all team drivers do, a true "motorman" available to answer questions and set up....

For those of you that have not yet heard of us, Let me introduce our company to you.

With over 15 years of R/C experience, our founder and DC Motorsports owner, Curtis Schlaht Jr brings along his expertise and knowledge of high performance electric motors to the forefront of the R/C market. Curtis has spent the last eight years behind the scenes of the motor industry, winding and tuning motors for some of the industries largest motor companies, helping them to supply their top drivers with the horsepower necessary to win races. Over the course of eight short years, his motors have accomplished an astounding record of 7 National titles, a 3rd and 5th place finish at the 2002 IFMAR On-Road World Championships, and countless other podium and top ten finishes.

So once again, welcome to the new DC Chat forum.

Curtis

DC....Makin the world go FASTER!:sneaky:

Korey Harbke 04-23-2005 10:44 PM

Here's a question for you: Do you have the slotted stack armatures available for v2's?

-Korey

Curtis Schlaht 04-23-2005 10:48 PM

Sushi: They’ll be available May second….

Korey Harbke 04-23-2005 10:56 PM

Sweeeet, I'll be sure to order a few.

-Korey

ManPower 04-24-2005 04:10 AM

OH !!! Good to have a discussion thread for DC motor here.
We have tried DC 10T RPM motor and it is REALLY REALLY good. Very Good Balanced !!

We have been long waiting for such good motors available for a consumer like me !!

Again Thanks !

ManPower 04-24-2005 04:25 AM

Can you tell how should I select RPM or Torque Motors ?? I see both available in the shop. My 10T is RPM but I see also 7T labelled with Torque.

F. Alonso 04-24-2005 08:32 AM

Hey Curtis. Very happy with my DC's as well. They are just gorgeous.... and they LOOK quick! Then I put it down on the track..... wow!! :D :D

Very happy with the 3 motors and 2 arms I got from you :nod: :nod: :nod:

Curtis Schlaht 04-24-2005 08:36 AM

RPM Vs. Torque

Originally posted by ManPower
Can you tell how should I select RPM or Torque Motors ?? I see both available in the shop. My 10T is RPM but I see also 7T labelled with Torque.

These are the inherit characteristics that set apart the Torque and RPM type motors…

Torque:
Torque motors deliver good power through the entire power-band, with a torque cure that well suites almost any application. Torque motors will run cooler and more efficient than the RPM type motors, resulting in lower brush and commutator wear. The added efficiency of these motors will extend battery runtime, generally 15-30 seconds more runtime over the RPM type motors, this in turn helps to make these motors easier to gear and tune….A great choice for all applications.

RPM:
RPM motors deliver smooth bottom end power-band and offer outstanding mid-range and top-end performance, when properly tuned these motors will make more power than the Torque type motors, and are defiantly suited for larger tracks. RPM motors will run hotter and less efficient than Torque motors. High brush and commutator wear along with decreased battery run time are adverse side effects of making more power. These motors because of their decreased efficiency and tendency to run hotter will always be more difficult to fine tune and gear.

For Touring Cars if your running anything above a 9 turn I would recommend that the RPM type motor/armatures be used for this application, as these motors will make more power than the torque type motors/armatures (if you compare the same winds i.e. 10x2 RPM to a 10x2 Torque type)….Hope this helps

Curtis Schlaht 04-24-2005 10:08 AM

Originally posted by F. Alonso
Hey Curtis. Very happy with my DC's as well. They are just gorgeous.... and they LOOK quick! Then I put it down on the track..... wow!! :D :D

Very happy with the 3 motors and 2 arms I got from you :nod: :nod: :nod:

Glad to hear you’re happy with the motors and arms... :nod: :D

Curtis Schlaht 04-24-2005 10:39 AM

New Product for May!!!

http://www.dcmotorsports.net/007/ULTRA_LITE_PICS.jpg

Our Ultra-Light armatures features a milled grove down the center of the armatures stack. This help to increase acceleration while also providing more RPM’s. Ultra-Light armatures are available in winds from 7-13 turns, singles and doubles (custome wind avalible upon request). All UL armatures are wound on the torque type (5mm) armature blank…

.... You haven't went fast until you've ran an Ultra-Light armature…....

lickrim 04-24-2005 12:15 PM

SLEEVE

what up curtis you know who knows all about the (sleeve) cut
it looks really good dude , give me a shout out some time before the reedy ......c u at shwags ...toot ......toot..... tony might be in town too........................tooo funny......

sweet wasabi 04-24-2005 01:15 PM

Re: New Product for May!!!

Originally posted by Curtis Schlaht
http://www.dcmotorsports.net/007/ULTRA_LITE_PICS.jpg

Our Ultra-Light armatures features a milled grove down the center of the armatures stack. This help to increase acceleration while also providing more RPM’s. Ultra-Light armatures are available in winds from 7-13 turns, singles and doubles (custome wind avalible upon request). All UL armatures are wound on the torque type (5mm) armature blank…

.... You haven't went fast until you've ran an Ultra-Light armature…....

SWEET!

raving-monkey 04-24-2005 02:24 PM

Curtis....what is the turn around time for an armature?

just looking for something for club racing..saving better motors for the nats:D

Curtis Schlaht 04-24-2005 03:31 PM

Originally posted by raving-monkey
Curtis....what is the turn around time for an armature?

just looking for something for club racing..saving better motors for the nats:D

Just to be safe I tell people in can take up to 3 days, but arms usually ship in 2 days…..

Brian Anthony 04-24-2005 04:11 PM

Any chance that you are going to submit these to ROAR?