Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread: >

DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread:

DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread:

Old 07-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Curtis Schlaht
Hey Brian, your brushes went out Today.....

Curtis,
battery's too, right?
Old 07-14-2005, 08:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by brians11
battery's too, right?
Old 07-14-2005, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
4 and 5 turns are pretty lazy...at least they were in oval when I tried them!! (Not DC Motors though) Anything Curtdawg winds if TOP FUEL!!

EA
Ya gotta get the hangers from your closet to wind them........ otherwise they are lazy
Old 07-14-2005, 08:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
4 and 5 turns are pretty lazy...at least they were in oval when I tried them!! (Not DC Motors though) Anything Curtdawg winds if TOP FUEL!!

EA
Old 07-15-2005, 09:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey Curtis, did you get the C2's yet? You mentioned it a couple posts ago. If you did, would you send me three of them? If you still have my card info you can bill that card, if not I can send it to you again. I'm going racing this weekend so I will let you know how those batteries work out. Thanks again man.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Chris Brown
Hey Curtis, did you get the C2's yet? You mentioned it a couple posts ago. If you did, would you send me three of them? If you still have my card info you can bill that card, if not I can send it to you again. I'm going racing this weekend so I will let you know how those batteries work out. Thanks again man.
Hey Chris, we got C2's in this week. Just put them up on the e-shop last night.....You got mail....
Old 07-15-2005, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Big Curtis. How are ya bud? Just stopped by to say hi....
Old 07-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Curtis did you get my PM?
Old 07-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Cool! New toys coming
Old 07-15-2005, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Curtis - I have to run my V2's hard to keep up with PW and Jeff's power levels. I only get one good run before needing to cut the comm. In practice I can re run once before I feel the power falling off. Is this normal? At this point they last as long at my Ti's and really aren't any faster.

They are 8x1 and 7x1 5mm arms, normal not the light ones. I'm running 10 coil MR springs, Sprint Edges and I set the motor to pull 10A @ 2V after a 5 minute, 0 timing break in at 2v.

Sorry to ask a Mod question...I know how much you love Stock and 19T tuning

Keep up the great work...bringing Factory Team Power to the regular Joe's!
Old 07-15-2005, 08:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sup Jeff....8x1 UL was way more power power than the track needed today....LOL

See ya in the morning
Old 07-15-2005, 11:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Curtis Schlaht
Hey Chris, we got C2's in this week. Just put them up on the e-shop last night.....You got mail....
hello curtis i got my care package and i like to thank u for letting me joining the team thxs u curtis cya reggie

Last edited by tc3 racer sc; 07-15-2005 at 11:29 PM.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:05 AM
Tech Adept

hello Curtis,

which mod motor/brush combo has the most runs between changes and rebuild ???

Thanx
Old 07-16-2005, 07:41 AM
Tech Addict

Guo: I didn't get your PM, send it again or email me....

Rob: What's up dude? Eli told me you ran 19 turn last weekend, what's up with that?? LOOSER J/K, nothing but love for ya homie....

Chris:

Adrian: Well, to be honest when the V2 is setup with sprint edge brushes it's a one run motor. The regular sprint brushes will yield a couple of runs before the performance drops off, but then again there not quite as fast as the Sprint Edge brushes (I'm sure you've noticed).... Also, the springs need to be replaced every 6-8 runs on the V2. For some reason there real susceptible to fatiguing, especially with the heat that you guys are having now in Florida..... Try running lower timing; say 6 degrees on your 7 and 12 degrees on your 8, that should help....

P-Dub: The pics of the track looks open and flowing, I guess Jeff won't need all those 7 turns I sent him

Reggie: Hey bud glad to hear the package arrived safely and on schedule.... Let me know how everything runs brotha ....

Hapiya: Well it really depends on your application and what kind of performance you’re looking... As for longevity, your not going to beat the XXX compound brush, 30 or so runs on the same set when using med-firm springs on a 7 turn, cutting the comm every 3 runs.....
Old 07-16-2005, 07:48 AM
Tech Adept

Curtis - I have to run my V2's hard to keep up with PW and Jeff's power levels. I only get one good run before needing to cut the comm. In practice I can re run once before I feel the power falling off. Is this normal? At this point they last as long at my Ti's and really aren't any faster.
Well I am not Curtis but I would try and use the MR35 9 coils springs with 12 degree timing for the 7T and 15 degree timing for the 8T
Also, you could play with the gearing if you re short on speed but 8,8FDR for the 7T and 8,4FDR for the 8T are good starting points but as you know it depends on the track...

Your break in procedure seems fine although I would set the timimg at 5 or 6 degree (1st mark) for some reason this is where the brushes arc the less

BTW, low turns always need a lot of maintenance but its true that with V2s you should be able to get 3 or 4 good runs: Are you driving really hard? Is it hot where you race? Do you have a fan on your motors?

Hope this helps!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.