Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread: >

DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread:

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread:

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 11:12 AM
Tech Addict

Default Checkpoint Plastic Endbell

Checkpoint Plastic Endbell:

Checkpoints’ all new injection molded plastic endbell makes use of today’s high-tech, high temperature plastic polymers, capable of performing in the harshest environments. Checkpoints’ “Perfect Fit” brush system ensures perfect brush/comm alignment and zero brush shift, providing more power and less comm/brush wear over the competition.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

thats what Im talkin about
Old 01-26-2006, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

looking good man........................wheres mine lol ttyl
Old 01-26-2006, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

now they just need to get them locked down on some stock and 19T cans
Old 01-28-2006, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mdoc
now they just need to get them locked down on some stock and 19T cans
speaking of 19t.. when is the check point 19t due?????
Old 01-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

question for the DC guys i was thinking on buying ur stock motors but just thinking is there a way to see the numbers of the motor befor i buy it ? just like in the hobby shop they let you see the numbers on the cann
Old 01-28-2006, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Curtis Schlaht

Checkpoints’ all new injection molded plastic endbell makes use of today’s high-tech, high temperature plastic polymers, capable of performing in the harshest environments. Checkpoints’ “Perfect Fit” brush system ensures perfect brush/comm alignment and zero brush shift, providing more power and less comm/brush wear over the competition.

WOO HOO!!!!
Old 01-28-2006, 11:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Curtis Schlaht

Hi Curtis,

I was wondering why Checkpoint decided to go with injection mold on their endbell. I believe that they had an advantage with the billet endbell because it can dissipate heat better. Please correct me if I am wrong, if there is also an advantage using polymer on the endbell vs. billet aluminum. Thank you. Nevertheless, I am still deadset on geting my hands on the checkpoint when it arrives in my LHS. Thank you.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FBJ's RDX
Hi Curtis,

I was wondering why Checkpoint decided to go with injection mold on their endbell. I believe that they had an advantage with the billet endbell because it can dissipate heat better. Please correct me if I am wrong, if there is also an advantage using polymer on the endbell vs. billet aluminum. Thank you. Nevertheless, I am still deadset on geting my hands on the checkpoint when it arrives in my LHS. Thank you.
Well, I could be wrong, but I'm sure that molded endbell is a LOT cheaper for them to make, & doing it that way also makes it much more affordable for them to do 19 turn & stock motors(a machined billet endbell on either of those would VERY likely push their cost up above the limits imposed by pretty much all racing organizations, so there's little or no way it'd accepted for stock or 19 turn racing). And perhaps in testing, they may have gotten just as good results with it on their mods(if they did that for the mods), & if so it'd also have the benefit of a lower weight, so you'll have a slightly lighter car in the end too.....
Old 01-29-2006, 06:18 AM
Tech Regular

But the molded endbell doesn't has enough surface area to dissipate heat, it has even less metal surface than older endbell design(Ti,Kr), not to mention V2. I hope CP will keep their aluminium endbell for mod motor.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

are all checkpoint motors going to have plastic endbells or will it vary from each motor tuner?
Old 01-30-2006, 02:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default DC Motorsports Avatar

for all those who run for Curtis and DC Motorsports.

enjoy!
Attached Images  
Old 01-30-2006, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Curtis thanks for the help finished 2nd in the A main in our state sedan race skidmore won had a good time batteries were awesome
Old 01-30-2006, 08:47 AM
Tech Addict

Hey guys, sorry for not responding earlier, been sick with the Flu (good times )….. I’ll answer your questions tonight, got a few orders and emails to respond to first..

Curt,
Old 01-30-2006, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by steve eaves
Curtis thanks for the help finished 2nd in the A main in our state sedan race skidmore won had a good time batteries were awesome
Good Job Steve-O!!!

Brant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.