R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Team and Company Discussions (https://www.rctech.net/forum/team-company-discussions-105/)
-   -   PROTOform Race Bodies (https://www.rctech.net/forum/team-company-discussions/656441-protoform-race-bodies.html)

EricPF 08-23-2012 09:21 AM

PROTOform Race Bodies

Hey Racers,

Feel free to post comments or questions about PROTOform products in this thread. We'd also love to hear from you about what products you'd like to see from us in the future.

Thanks!

Johnny Wishbone 08-23-2012 02:28 PM

I'd like to see a interior for the VTA cars.

Racecarguy 08-23-2012 05:38 PM

Lightweight OVAL bodies!!!!!!!!

occ 08-23-2012 08:00 PM

First of all, Protoform bodies rock!! I love your products and have been using them since day 1.:nod:

As I race 1/8th on road, I would like to see the moulded body supports fit a bit better than they do now.

Maybe even make specific body supports to suit that particular body and not just generic ones.

Perhaps even make carbon supports like Exceed and SRC do.

Keep up the great work!

andrewdoherty 08-23-2012 08:52 PM

A. With ROAR requiring headlights on all vehicles, it would be nice if headlight decals were included in your 1/12th bodies.
B. Going a little further, a window trim decal in the 1/12th's would be appreciated as well.
C. Now that I am thinking about it, some dimples (ala the Black Art bodies) for the body posts in the 1/12th's for the most popular cars would be really nice as well.

Tell Dale to keep his head up and the fish on the molds. I have a ton of respect for him and am proud to race bodies promoted by a fellow Jesus lover.

Ruger1 08-26-2012 01:13 PM

Bodies

how about a 70'/71' Camaro, 70'or 69' Firebird for VTA. I've been using your bodies since the NASCAR Lumina. Great bodies!

CypressMidWest 08-26-2012 11:31 PM

A BMW Rahal Letterman Lannigan Racing M3 for WGT would be great!:sneaky: Not probable, but definitely would be cool.

JamesL_71 08-27-2012 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty (Post 11129897)
C. Now that I am thinking about it, some dimples (ala the Black Art bodies) for the body posts in the 1/12th's for the most popular cars would be really nice as well.

^ This.

I would also love to see some new pan-car bodies... 12th, WGT, etc.

bhambrent 08-27-2012 01:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I would like to see PROTOform SRS-N come out for 190mm tc.:nod:

hotrodchevy14 08-27-2012 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ruger1 (Post 11137893)
how about a 70'/71' Camaro, 70'or 69' Firebird for VTA. I've been using your bodies since the NASCAR Lumina. Great bodies!

+1 69-70 trans am/firebird

samnelso 09-05-2012 01:51 PM

Do you CNC your vacuum form dies or hand cut them? Just wondering.

EricPF 09-07-2012 08:06 AM

Hey guys, thanks for replies. All great suggestions and questions!

Originally Posted by Racecarguy (Post 11129139)
Lightweight OVAL bodies!!!!!!!!

Lightweight oval bodies are something we've avoided in the past mostly because of durability issues (the bodies would probably only last a couple runs). The thinner lexan is also more expensive and needs to be bought in large quantities. Since oval is a relatively small market, this would increase the cost of the bodies substantially. But since this is one of the requests receive more than any other, we won't shut the door completely on the idea.

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty (Post 11129897)
A. With ROAR requiring headlights on all vehicles, it would be nice if headlight decals were included in your 1/12th bodies.
B. Going a little further, a window trim decal in the 1/12th's would be appreciated as well.

Tell Dale to keep his head up and the fish on the molds. I have a ton of respect for him and am proud to race bodies promoted by a fellow Jesus lover.

RE: decals on 1/8th and 1/12th bodies, this is something we currently have in development and all future bodies in these classes will come with headlights. RE: dimples, with so many different chassis out there, many different locations would be needed which could create confusion for consumers. I relayed your note on the fish to Dale.

Originally Posted by Ruger1 (Post 11137893)
I've been using your bodies since the NASCAR Lumina. Great bodies!

That brings us back! We truly appreciate your loyalty.

Originally Posted by JamesL_71 (Post 11140534)
I would also love to see some new pan-car bodies... 12th, WGT, etc.

We definitely have some new pan-car bodies on the 'to-do' list. Stay tuned!

Originally Posted by bhambrent (Post 11142187)
I would like to see PROTOform SRS-N come out for 190mm tc.:nod:

The SRS has seen great success in Nitro Touring and this is another request we've received often. However, the aerodynamic features on it are specifically created for the needs of 200mm racing and in order for it to work well in the 190mm class, it would have to be altered drastically and probably wouldn't resemble the 200mm version you posted.

Originally Posted by samnelso (Post 11177065)
Do you CNC your vacuum form dies or hand cut them? Just wondering.

The processes have definitely evolved over the years, but Dale has been crafting the molds by hand ever since he started PROTOform 20 years ago.

EricPF 09-08-2012 02:59 PM

Replies

Sorry, double post.

Ruger1 09-15-2012 04:34 PM

Bring back the Corvette in ALMS trim!

chris_blakey 09-15-2012 04:41 PM

Would love a couple another WGT bodyshell to choose from.