Search

eXpress Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
Yes, In stock.

Sean awesome report as always great job. You put a lot of effort in your program racing and medi time with Team and all..Great job again!!!
Sent you an email. Will be needing this motor asap.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Talking

Race Reports
WRCR Race #8

Stock Buggy was a light turn out this week. Ended up Qualifying 2nd for the A-Main. But the first 3 laps sealed my fate. Unfortunately I needed to zigged when I zagged to avoid lap traffic and it cost me about 20 seconds to the leader. Thanks to my HTHT D4 17.5 from eXpress Motorsports was able to stay on the same lap with the leader and finish 2nd.

[IMG]IMG_1868 by scrodder99, on Flickr[/IMG]

Stock SCT
Qualifying 3rd place in the Stock SCT Class A-Main. I focused on getting way from a 12 car field. After the first lap I was in 4th. 2nd lap I was in 3rd and by the 4th lap I was in first. I held the position all the way until 14th lap. I battled with the front runner all the way up to the last lap where I had an opportunity to take 1st but was unable to take advantage of it. Great weekend of Racing. eXpress Motorsport HTHT Killshot 17.5 gave me the speed to compete with the competition!

[IMG]IMG_1951 by scrodder99, on Flickr[/IMG]

Race #9 @ WRCR (Final Point Race for the Series)

Stock Buggy had a great Turn out with 2 full Heats. This of course meant more Competition. Qualifiers I was only strong enough to place 3rd for the A-MAIN.
At the Start of the A-MAIN I was able to break away with the leader. As the race progressed and a few incidents the top 3 traded positions a few times in a couple of laps. But once I took the lead I was on cruise control. Finishing 10 seconds and another lap over Second Place. A Very exciting race to watch and compete in. Again the HTHT D4 17.5 from eXpress Motorsports gave me the Edge to take the Win!

[IMG]IMG_1950 by scrodder99, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]IMG_1949 by scrodder99, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]IMG_1946 by scrodder99, on Flickr[/IMG]

Stock SCT
Once again another very tight and exciting A-Main Race for Stock SCT. Qualifying 3rd. At the Start of the race the TQ driver misjudged a tube and sent him spinning after the first corner. Myself and the second place qualifier was able to break away from the field. I was able to keep up with the leader at this point putting pressure for a pass. But atlas trying to put pressure on the leader caused me to miss judged a corner and spin out putting me back to 4th. I battled back after a few more mistakes to get back to 3rd. I was chasing down the 2nd place truck but ran out of time.
HTHT Killshot 17.5 from eXpress Motorsports Kept me competitive all day! What a great motor!

IMG_1850 by scrodder99, on Flickr

Thanks John and eXpress Motorsports for another Great season for me @ WRCR Winter Points Series. Finished 2nd in my Stock Buggy Class and 3rd in my Stock SCT Class.

http://wrcr.biz/Results/2014-2015/Fi...02014-2015.pdf

Please Watch my Complete Season on You Tube:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Now I can't wait till the Summer Season! But first I have head to Japan for a 6 weeks.... Anyone have some suggestions to Check out the RC scene in and around Tokyo?
Old 03-02-2015, 05:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Sean, Man awesome runs. Again a report that is well detailed. Great report as always. Congrats of the great runs is great working with you.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hey all...

Just a Update. Were still working on web site getting that set. We hope in a few week to have that set. Few things going on at home slowed things down with travel with work and daughters broken leg. But we will get that up asap. For any needs contact me direct [email protected]

Also, Wanted to give Robert Meyer Jr a huge shout out. This past week Rob took the TQ and Win in the 17.5 2WD Buggy A Main at Motorama one of the biggest Off Road races in the East Coast with a sell out crowd. Rob ran the Express Tuned 17.5 D4 Tornado to power his car to the top spot. Congrats Rob on another big win to your many.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey buddy, I hope things are going well with Morgan and family. I sent you an email.

I need motor battery shirt and stickers!
Old 03-25-2015, 06:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I sent you an email as well...in the military heading to Germany...thanks.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hay guys,

Im apologizing for my ignorance in advance and I hope I don't offend anybody. Im usually a nitro/ mod guy so this is why I am asking this question. If I am buying a motor and I want the best Trinity motor should I go with an express motor or a certified trinity? Does express do the same thing as Trinity when it comes to giving the customer the best and fastest parts in a motor? Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yo Trevor. Tim Copp ran a Express D4 1S. It wasn't better then anything else I have and he put the coals to us all in Qualifying. Express motors are good. You have a certified D4 1s. Was it faster then Tim?
Old 03-30-2015, 11:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racenut123
Yo Trevor. Tim Copp ran a Express D4 1S. It wasn't better then anything else I have and he put the coals to us all in Qualifying. Express motors are good. You have a certified D4 1s. Was it faster then Tim?

No it wasn't but I didn't spend much time trying to get it any faster because I was running two classes. Next time out ill spend more time trying to gear it properly. I was impressed how fast it was though. I do know someone who ran a certified over the weekend at a different track and there motor was noticeable faster than other motors. I am just asking to see if Express already does what Trinity is charging an extra $50 for? Im not at all saying Express is slow or anything like that.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Who was running the Certified? At Speedworld? Ask Crabtree. He runs for Express I believe. He was fast in TC.
Originally Posted by gsxr0311
No it wasn't but I didn't spend much time trying to get it any faster because I was running two classes. Next time out ill spend more time trying to gear it properly. I was impressed how fast it was though. I do know someone who ran a certified over the weekend at a different track and there motor was noticeable faster than other motors. I am just asking to see if Express already does what Trinity is charging an extra $50 for? Im not at all saying Express is slow or anything like that.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

is this john?
Old 03-30-2015, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

Fo Shizzle.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:59 PM
Tech Master

lol, what uuup? Im just trying to do my homework and ask a million questions as usual, before I buy.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have nothing but good things to say about Express motors. Always fast and support is second to none! I have never left a track thinking "man I was down on power".
Old 03-31-2015, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Ok I will try and help with these questions....

The way eXpress or any OEM builder for that matter works is like this.

Trinity gets XXXX amount of motors all in cases sealed shut.

They keep say 75% of those boxes for themselves.

The other 25% goes out to the OEM builders..eXpress, EA and the rest.

Ok now EVERYONE will sit down, open the boxes and take the motors down to indiviual parts.

Stators, Rotors and sensor boards.

They will then all do what ever method they feel is best. to put the parts back to perform the way they want them to.

So here is where I think the value in getting from an OEM builder is the best bang for your buck..

Trinity is going to build all of the motors..the top motors we all know are going to be set aside for the team guys.

Next comes the "certified" BS. Those are the "top 5%" of THAT order...ok we all agree the top 1-2% are sitting to the side. Whos to say this batch as a whole is good?? You may get the top 5% of the crappy batch.

After Trinity picks thru motors the rest are shipped off to A-main, Stormer, Tower hobbies and the rest of the hobby shops.

OK now comes the OEM good side.....

Tag is going to sit down with his box of motors and build them to YOUR SPECS (if you ask) so if you need a motor for TC hes gonna put that together out of his parts he has. If its for 12th scale or Off-Road hes going to build for those applications.

So if you buy from an OEM dealer you are far more likely to get a "better" motor than just buying from the hobby shop or from Trinity direct.

I have seen "certified" motors come out of the box and have numbers I wouldn't use to run up and down my street with....but that was the top 5% motor from that batch Trinity had..

I have known John Tag for about 10yrs now and raced with him, race for eXpress and call him a close personal friend. He is a stand up guy. EVERYONE is treated the same.

I have raced with John alot. I have seen him bring motors to the track and give the local club guy the best motors and hand "team guys" the next tier motor.

Now don't get me wrong when I told him I was going to Snowbirds this yr I had an AWESOME motor handed to me about a month before the race. LOL But thats the perks of being able to call or text him far enough in advance to give him time to cherry pick a good motor from the batches he has leading upto a big race. Try that with Trinity and see how far you get..lol

I know John hasn't been on here much but believe me he has alot on his plate at the moment.

I will send him a text and tell him to come chime in.

Hope I was able to help alittle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.