R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 07-07-2007, 01:04 PM   #13846
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Hey all..

I just wanted to say Congrats to kevin Smith on a great weekend out West. I had recived this E Mail from him today..

Congrats Kevin... Job Well Done!!

Quote:

Thanks for the great motor....I raced the Tamiya Regional race at Tamiya USA last weekend and did great. I raced GT2 sedan class( stock motors) and I won the triple A mains with your CO27 pro tuned motor...I had great rip all weekend... I wore my Express shirt all day and I have attached a couple of pics for you. I also raced GT3 sedan ( mabuchi spec motors) and finsihed 2nd overall in the triple A mains. I have never raced Gt3 before or ever tuned one...I just put it in and drove the wheels off.

Thanks for your support.

Kevin Smith

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC

Last edited by John Tag; 07-08-2008 at 07:53 PM.
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:23 PM   #13847
Tech Champion

Jason.. Check this out..

http://www.mymms.com/business/custom_preview.asp

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
Old 07-07-2007, 07:36 PM   #13848
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag View Post
Is that how you are gonna confess your love for Jason?

You racing tomorrow or can I add your name to the "retired" list? LOL

Last edited by imprsme; 07-08-2007 at 05:59 PM.
imprsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:38 PM   #13849
Tech Champion

Retired.. Just tooo many things going on here this weekend uexpected...

Old 07-07-2007, 11:09 PM   #13850
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprsme View Post
Is that how you are gonna confess you love for Jason?

You racing tomorrow or can I add your name to the "retired" list? LOL
There you go with the "man love" again. Don't make me post the picture I took of you and Brandon in bed together.

Tag, you should go race against Anthony at least a couple more times. You gotta whoop on em.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:12 AM   #13851
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default I really hope it's a joke

www.fastcats.ca

Earlier on this website it stated that Fastcats was closed down....

I don't know what happened, the site just changed again.

Last edited by jeffb; 07-08-2007 at 04:56 PM. Reason: information has changed
jeffb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:54 AM   #13852
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Made the A final at the recent BTCC at West London today in 19t. Qualified 7th beating a fair few very experienced and heavily sponsered drivers . First final i finished 6th, should have finished 5th but i wiped out on the last lap. Person who did it said sorry but didn't wait . In the second final i finished 10th . My tire wamers were not on so i had cold tyres which was a bit of a handful . In 27t Matty Tuplin qualified 2nd, Rob West 3rd and Jamie Guy 8th. At this point that's all i can remember but i'm sure there were a few other drivers in the A final. From memory Rob West finished 2nd, Matty 3rd and Jamie 8th. This was a very good meeting and with this meeting a about 4 weeks away from the national it was a very good time to get and practice for them. Things are looking very bright for the next few weeks .

Got to say the new packs from Mr. Tag are top notch!!!! Power and more power. Overtook 1 person clean off the line

Charles

Last edited by Charles Godwin; 07-08-2007 at 12:43 PM.
Charles Godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:42 PM   #13853
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just looked at the results and Andrew Twigger finished 6th whilst Mike Doody finished a brilliant 4th!

Charles
Old 07-08-2007, 02:10 PM   #13854
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff

Hey guys... I finally got to "really" run the new Orions Tag sent me this weekend at the Mushroom Bowl. I must say, these will be the motors to run.

I've run pretty much all the 19t motors that matter... KD Regular, KD Hemi, CheckPoint Money Motor, and now the Element 07.

The Orion has the top end of the KD and the torque of the Money motor. The only thing I have to figure out is some tuning for those really hot temps outdoors. In the heat of the day yesterday, the motor faded a little too much. Then again, everyone running Brushless was thermaling and I saw a couple KDs go up in smoke. It was a little hot out.

I ran the motor with the Katana brush first and it was really good. I later switched to XXX brushes to help with the heat issues. Running XXXs basically eliminated the fade, but I think power levels were a little higher with the Katanas. I tried F brushes too, but it didn't like those very much.

Anyhow, I think the Orion is an awesome motor. We still have more testing to do with it, but it will only get better.

FYI... Tags has em in stock. Get em while they're hot.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:35 PM   #13855
Tech Champion

Hey Charles... Great report as always. Great run's by the crew over there... Keep up the great results, sounds like ya'll are having much fun....

Jason...

Great report. I have had many great replys from the Orion buyer's. The motor seems like another great proformance addition to the 19T motor line. The Katana brush really runs well, I have recently played with a cut version and spring combo on stock motors with great results....

Old 07-08-2007, 06:31 PM   #13856
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreff View Post

Tag, you should go race against Anthony at least a couple more times. You gotta whoop on em.
Tag don't want any! He even went so far as to give his whip to Andrew!!!

Welp went and survived the heat wave today. The car was good, but I just can't get it to feel the way it did the weekend we ran 19t. I changed things in MD. and can't remember what the set up was before changing stuff..LOL

But I Tq'ed by just a little over a sec. and won the main by about 5-6 secs. I guess I have to stop saying that the Brushless/Lipo guys have an "advantage".. It all equals out, I could out run them on the starights and they got off the corners better.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:33 PM   #13857
Tech Elite

Quote:
There you go with the "man love" again. Don't make me post the picture I took of you and Brandon in bed together.
You go ahead and post that. I will post the one of you and Justin, just too bad you can't see Justin! LOL

Plus if I remember correctly, you were the one saysing Justin "snuggled" to much!
Old 07-08-2007, 06:49 PM   #13858
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Just Back up to what Jason's say'in About the Orion Element 2007. I got to try one out in Touring and these rip!!! I also got to test it out in 1/12th scale.This motor has some mad rip felt like a 10t Mod

Quote:
Hey guys... I finally got to "really" run the new Orions Tag sent me this weekend at the Mushroom Bowl. I must say, these will be the motors to run.

I've run pretty much all the 19t motors that matter... KD Regular, KD Hemi, CheckPoint Money Motor, and now the Element 07.

The Orion has the top end of the KD and the torque of the Money motor. The only thing I have to figure out is some tuning for those really hot temps outdoors. In the heat of the day yesterday, the motor faded a little too much. Then again, everyone running Brushless was thermaling and I saw a couple KDs go up in smoke. It was a little hot out.

I ran the motor with the Katana brush first and it was really good. I later switched to XXX brushes to help with the heat issues. Running XXXs basically eliminated the fade, but I think power levels were a little higher with the Katanas. I tried F brushes too, but it didn't like those very much.

Anyhow, I think the Orion is an awesome motor. We still have more testing to do with it, but it will only get better.

FYI... Tags has em in stock. Get em while they're hot.

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:35 PM   #13859
Tech Champion

Express Team Drivers.. Please contact me Via E mail asap to update to our data base and recive some new upcoming new's, Yes there is new new's too....

"ALL" Be sure to reply so you don't feel left out...

Last edited by John Tag; 07-08-2007 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:54 AM   #13860
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Hey John Tag wasup Bro, sent ya a e-mail question for ya

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote