R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 03-11-2005, 05:30 PM   #1336
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Proteus

Quote:
Originally posted by wannabee
Thanks Mr. Tag! Glad to be aboard! Wish I could make the nats. this year (vac. that week) but GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

Kevin
Hey....welcome Kevin!!!!
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 06:28 PM   #1337
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Wow... What a fun day at Hobby Chamber. We got a lot of testing done and really found some good motor and chassie combos we are pleased with. There was some good runs being put down in practice.

My last practice was intence... I rolled out with Jeff Cufffs, Mark Smyka and Mark Strasnick, I was sick fast and needed to let the peak wear off,then fell into the 4 car draft. Man that was cool, so intence I pulled the car after 20 laps because I was shaking so much

Anyhow.. I will not be shipping any motors or brushes after monday due to we are leaving for the Nats. I will return to shipping all orders the following monday. Thanks All!

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 07:01 PM   #1338
Tech Master

Sounds fun. You guys didn't get to race?
BTW, Tag you got mail!
(978) 416-2572
Hyperform Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 07:17 PM   #1339
Tech Champion

Got it I'll take a coke

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
Old 03-12-2005, 07:21 PM   #1340
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by John Tag
Got it I'll take a coke
nice, thanks!
(978) 416-2572
Hyperform Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 07:37 PM   #1341
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Glad you had fun Tag. ORL tomorrow baby. Can't wait to try out all my new eXpress stuff
Old 03-13-2005, 04:35 AM   #1342
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to serpentracer1

John W thought id let ya know if any of your drivers that are going to the nats and are sitting at the high pit tables Walmart has folding stools in the chair section for $10
Orion R10 Pro VST powered
serpentracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 04:49 AM   #1343
Tech Champion

Actually, Our group of 12 all are pitting together on the back wall in the high pits. Thanks for the info. Now I guess I will head to Wal Mart and see if our local store has them. THX

Old 03-13-2005, 05:00 AM   #1344
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to serpentracer1

No problem yea a few of us are at the high tables to.Picked mine up yesterday not bad for $10
Orion R10 Pro VST powered
serpentracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 06:17 AM   #1345
Tech Champion

Thats cool, your fellow MD boy was there yesterday Andrew Gray. He took some laps and was going back today for more track time. See ya there.

Old 03-13-2005, 11:19 AM   #1346
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Sounds like all you guys are headed in the right direction just before Nats...I hope you all do well. Keep me posted!

TK
Old 03-13-2005, 05:42 PM   #1347
Tech Champion

Congrats, Tim " Skipper" Getchel on your fine 2nd place finish today at the ORL race.

See at the Nats Tuesday Skipper,you too Giligan

Old 03-13-2005, 06:34 PM   #1348
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default Broken and Smokin

Well guys today was the worst day of rc racing I have ever had. Yesterday I plugged my GFX in and it smoked. But I ran well and qualified 2nd and finished 2nd only 4 seconds behind Schreffler.

Today I didnt finish a race. In my first qualifier I got tboned by a backmarker and it pushed my cells together and they shorted. 1 battery pack Smoked, I mean it was dripping stuff out of all the cells. In my 2nd qualifier I was on 3rd qualifier pace and with 30 seconds left my wheel fell off. Dumb mistake but understandable becasue I dont run xray usually and forgot to check the wheel screw. That wont happen again. In my 3rd qualifier a cell shorted out on the battery holddown standoff. 2nd pack gone. Wost part of it all is they were my 2 best packs.

Even though I didnt finish a race I qualified last in the B, at the start I weaved my way into 2nd or 2rd before the finish of the 1st lap and got tboned in a turn and it broke my rear hub. In all of my rc races I have never didnt finish every race. So I got all my bad luck out of my system for next week. I had a real good car if I could of finished a race I would of been right in the mix. Oh well, next week really counts and Im up to the challange.

Hey Jon W. please give me a call or pm. I need to find out what the situation is for this week and I could use some new packs considering my 2 best went the way of smoke today.

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....

Last edited by L.Fairtrace; 03-13-2005 at 06:48 PM.
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 06:49 PM   #1349
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 229 (99%+)

New edition to the Arsnal

BJ4
Old 03-13-2005, 08:51 PM   #1350
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Larry - You did have rough luck with the races, but I hope you had some fun in the back room with us all. I didn't do that great either in touring. The eXpress cells and Tag motors did not let me down, that's for sure and I'm really happy with the way they performed. I on the other hand was a little careful driving my RDX because in practice and the first qual I caught the pipe and broke an arm. 2nd qual I just wanted to make laps and not get a DNF so I would place well for the 3rd qual shuffle. I ran safe in the middle of the track and didn't take many chances so I was pretty far off of TQ place. If I pushed the car, it did what I want so i can only expect I'll get faster with the RDX with more tracktime.

1/12th scale I took 3rd in the A main. My BMI 1/12th is really great and in the main I was still on the lead lap after 8 minutes. I'm very happy with the BMI and I was only running a 19 turn in open mod. Some guys were putting down some massive power, but I kept up with them

Good luck in the nats guys. Bring home the trophies!

John