R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-15-2006, 09:33 AM   #7246
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Old Man
The carpet car ROCKS!!!!
Cool. Did you get to run your new car?
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 09:42 AM   #7247
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 229 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd
Cool. Did you get to run your new car?
Actully.....no not yet but, next weekend at the ORL2 race at PB's.
I compaired the chassis and suspention to my MI2 and they made all the right changes. This car will be the BOMB!!!
Even got BOB to go back to it!!!
Old 01-15-2006, 09:42 AM   #7248
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 229 (99%+)

any one got a copy of photoshop?
Old 01-15-2006, 09:46 AM   #7249
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Old Man
Actully.....no not yet but, next weekend at the ORL2 race at PB's.
I compaired the chassis and suspention to my MI2 and they made all the right changes. This car will be the BOMB!!!
Even got BOB to go back to it!!!
Thats cool. More than likley I will see you at the 1st ORL2 race on the asphalt in April. I think they where working with Frederick to have the first race of the year their sometime in April but not sure of a date yet.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:03 AM   #7250
Tech Champion

Bri-T2...

punkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 10:05 AM   #7251
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Team eXpress had another great race weekend at the East Coast Shotout. Congrat's to Dan on TQ and finishing 2nd. Most of all for being the sportsman he is and not racing dirty when he had the chance to take back the lead.

WYD it was good to see you run your once a year rug race. Jason, Larry and Robbie had great runs also.

Thanks to eXpress for giving the power I needed to qualify 2nd in the "C" Main. Had a bad start and came back to finish 5th.

Hope to see the Team at Mimi's in March.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:22 AM   #7252
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Yea I wish I could have been there but daughters B-Day and wife really would have had my head...Next time

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC

Last edited by John Tag; 07-08-2008 at 07:55 PM.
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 11:23 AM   #7253
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag
Yea I wish I could have been there but daughters B-Day and wife really would have had my head...Next time
Yeah it was better to do someting with your daughter as birthdays when young are once a year and racing is all the time.

punky only time will tell!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 01-15-2006, 12:20 PM   #7254
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff

Hey hey fellas...

Man, I just woke up. Nothing like doing a full day 4:30am - 4:30am.

Anyways, the race this weekend at Mimi's was great. Man, Larry and I never worked so hard on stuff in 1 day. Trying 2 cars - FK05 and T2, picking the one we should race, then setting that car up - all within' 4 hours. We got it all figured out though.

Here's a little play by play...

19T was probably the most fun I have had racing in a while. Mainly because there is such good competition at The Track. Like Tags mentioned above, I finished 3rd in 19T. The start of the race, for me, was horrible. I lifted NOT to run over Andrew Gray and got hit by the remainder of the field. I lost 3/4 of a lap sitting in the infield. Once the marshall got my car, it was game on. I came all the way back to 3rd and only needed more time to get 2nd and 1st. The car was just stupid fast.

Larry and I both used Atlas 19T "Blue Can" models with X1 brushes. It was great to be able to not touch a motor for 2 or 3 runs. On the 2nd run, the motor was actually quicker than with fresh brushes. The X1s are awesome 19T brushes.

As for stock, Danny gave it his all. He qualified on the pole, but not without controversy. Cuffs' transponder didn't count in the last round, which caused for confusion as to who was TQ. In the end, like any other track, they are not responsible for manually counting laps... thus Dan kept TQ. The main, Cuffs had a little better car than Dan. Dan did everything he could to hold Jeff off, but Jeff got enough room to move Dan over and take the lead. After that, that was how they stayed.

It was great meeting some of you guys for the first time. Now I can't wait for SnowBirds!!!
Old 01-15-2006, 01:11 PM   #7255
Tech Addict

Great Job to all down at Mimi's!!!!
Dan.... way to go buddy.. Nice TQ...
Schrek, I guess I will have to eat this "Smith & Wolensky" 48 ounce Filet Mignon all by myself.. I was going to award you with it along with a 2003 Stag's Leap Cask 23 Cabernet Sauvignon... but NO!!!!!! NO STEAK FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! You come back 2 Weeks!!!!!!!!
To everyone else who was at Mimi's .... way to represent eXpress.... Great Job by all....

We held down the fort at Horsham...... Well Jon and Keith did.... I just kinda watched...and occasionally checked the strenght levels of the walls with my car... (They held up.. but my car didn't!!!)

A Main 1/10th..was kinda anti-climatic... Keith and Jon checked out and it was just a question of whether Keith or Jon would win....I think 3rd was easily a lap down... Jon had tq until Kieth took it away....LOL!

1/12th... Jon Tq'd and broke the track record I believe.. but then Sharpe showed up and the comp level went up... Don't know how the main ended... I decided to take my sleigh, I mean truck to lose some money down at AC.

It was fun to be back racing, (Bumping) again.. and hanging out rocking to some tunes!!!!

Last edited by Freddybnj_2004; 01-15-2006 at 02:16 PM.
Freddybnj_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 01:12 PM   #7256
Tech Champion

Snowbirds..Oh Yea..I'm really looking foward to that weekend.... I already got some goodies aside for that event..

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 06:10 PM   #7257
Tech Elite

Wow! Nothing like 19 hours of racing including driving time to get there! Had a blast the entire time. Those X1 brushes ROCK! Better then the F-brushes which only lasted a few runs. Sixty three racers in stock is never a bad thing. Great run to all wow were in the A-main. Wish I stayed longer for the 19 turn event. We'll see next time.

Tag-- Duck duck!
Old 01-16-2006, 08:28 AM   #7258
Tech Elite

How bout dem stillers?!?

For Larry...
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 09:25 AM   #7259
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey, all. Good to be back home after a long weekend!

We had a ton of fun at Horsham this weekend. As usual the racing was great! Had down to E-main so we had lots of competition. Keith, Freddy and I all held up the eXpress fort. I had TQ for the first two rounds over Keith and Scooby and then in the 3rd round Keith took it by 4/10ths. Phew!

In the main, it was Keith and I nose to tail all the way to the last lap where Keith again beat me by 4/10ths. I believe we won by nearly a full lap. Great job by Keith.

I had a great time running 1/12 scale with my Rev4. Man, that car is sweeeet-TQed and won. Made minimal changes throughout the night to it. My fast laps were in the first round with two 9.8s. I even made runtime every run no problem with an eXpress TOURING 9x1 with our eXpress IB3800s. Tag's going to send me some 1/12-based motors shortly. Oddly enough, the power band was just fine with the touring motor. Whatever...

Stuck around Sunday for some oval racing. Got to run Mike Mandio's rental 1/12 again (thanks, Mike!) Stuck in an 9x1 and ran with Jake Flur (sp?) in the main. TQed and won that. Might be picking up a Custom Works kit shortly.

Congrats to Andrew Gray for a great run down at Mimi's and to Schreffy for an amazing run qualify 2nd and come all the way back to 3rd after being launched. To Larry for making the show and Robbie winning the B.

Also, big props to Danny once again for TQing the event and Cuffs for the win. Dan, you continue to show that you're one of the best up and coming stock drivers in the country to run with the best like that.
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:12 AM   #7260
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Good job by all the guys this weekend. In my opinion I had the car to beat in 19turn but was not in the right state of mind to put it in the winners circle. Hell I had the fastest lap in the main with a broken rim. I put a beating on my FK05 at Mimi's, I think it feels like a redheaded stepchild now that the T2 is in the house. Even though Schreff and myself ran our old cars. 2 of the top 3 cars were the FK05's so they arent that slow.

Schreff's wheeled the crap out of his car in the main to come from last halfway through to get 3rd. Good job buddy we'll get them next time.

Danny good run bro you'll get em next time also it would of been a photo finish if you didnt have that bobble after Jeff got by you.

It was cool haging out with the boys and thanks to Steve for saving us primo spots.

Nice meeting you Guy, your car was pretty darn good for that nutty setup you run. I hope to see you around at some more races in the near future it was good to talk to you. GO STEELERS BABY

Nice run Jon and Keith, I see how it is Freddy races when we're not around as to not be harassed. '

Back to Horsham next week to shake down our T2's

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote