R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 11-17-2005, 01:32 AM   #6166
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoizip
woo....
lets see one which one of them dump first...

~Ming
Tag will ALWAYS take a dump first!
U.S. DISTRIBUTOR FOR RACE OPT BRAND
barnacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:34 AM   #6167
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to kt racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
OK, for something racing related. I just got done building the car (hence the time of this post). Couple questions for you "experienced" FK'05 owners.

In trying to hurry up, I saved the shocks for the last. One mistake I made rushing through was to snap the hex ball into the shock cap BACKWARDS from what is in the "hint". This leads to me having NO play between the shock cap and tower. I don't think it's affecting the tweak (THANK GOODNESS IT WAS RIGHT THE FIRST TIME).

I tried to snap the ball back out but it wasn't happening. Have you guys ever got them out, or do I need to replace the cap and ball hex?? (Hint:KT) Other than that, just waiting on my p-dub bumper and then I'll mount the body.

ONE other thng. I was looking at some set-up sheets, and they use droop marked as 5 on the hudy gage. When I measure where they note (bottom of rear hub), to get about 1.5mm up travel, my rear droop is 1 on the gage. Long ways off, anyone know what they mean by showing "5".
You should be able to get the hex back out of the shock cap. However it's not going to be easy. If you can get it out cut the shock cap so you don't damage the hex. I will bring one down with me this weekend. I also have an extra pdub if you don't get yours. Droop is mesured under the c-hub on the front and on the rear it is mesured from the rear arms and not the rear hub.
KT
kt racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 06:29 AM   #6168
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Anybody that might be intereasted in running 19T for the Express race ,I will be running a sale on C2 19T motors till the end of November. Shoot me a pm here or e mail me at Jtag@tmxpress.net Motors will be sale price of $34.00 tuned for The Wood track..

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 06:39 AM   #6169
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
OK, for something racing related. I just got done building the car (hence the time of this post). Couple questions for you "experienced" FK'05 owners.

In trying to hurry up, I saved the shocks for the last. One mistake I made rushing through was to snap the hex ball into the shock cap BACKWARDS from what is in the "hint". This leads to me having NO play between the shock cap and tower. I don't think it's affecting the tweak (THANK GOODNESS IT WAS RIGHT THE FIRST TIME).

I tried to snap the ball back out but it wasn't happening. Have you guys ever got them out, or do I need to replace the cap and ball hex?? (Hint:KT) Other than that, just waiting on my p-dub bumper and then I'll mount the body.

ONE other thng. I was looking at some set-up sheets, and they use droop marked as 5 on the hudy gage. When I measure where they note (bottom of rear hub), to get about 1.5mm up travel, my rear droop is 1 on the gage. Long ways off, anyone know what they mean by showing "5".
Oh no you not running an Xray now to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 07:29 AM   #6170
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff

Xray is taking over.

Brian, even Scooby went out and got an XRay.

And Brandon... those hex shock inserts can be a pain to get out. You should be able to use an allen wrench and just pop it back out. It won't be easy though. They are in there tight for a reason.

As far as droop goes, I stopped measuring the droop on the arms. I simply set ride height and then make sure I have 1mm front up travel and 2mm rear up travel. I measure that on a setup board using a step style ride height gauge. Strasnick does the same thing. It works out well mainly because of the tire sizes we run. 55mm for Parmas and 57mm on Jaco 2 Stages. You can't have the same droop setting on both, so the droop gauge doesn't help much.

Hope that helps.

Later,

Jason
Old 11-17-2005, 07:33 AM   #6171
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreff
As far as droop goes, I stopped measuring the droop on the arms. I simply set ride height and then make sure I have 1mm front up travel and 2mm rear up travel. I measure that on a setup board using a step style ride height gauge. Strasnick does the same thing. It works out well mainly because of the tire sizes we run. 55mm for Parmas and 57mm on Jaco 2 Stages. You can't have the same droop setting on both, so the droop gauge doesn't help much.
Yeah, tried popping it back out, but to no avail. Almost seemed like I would need a vise, lol. I didn't think the plastic shocks would appreciate a vise to much.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:54 AM   #6172
Tech Addict

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreff
HAHAHA. You'll find out when we are at the eXpress race.

Let's just say Freddy, Larry, Dennis, and myself have "racing" appetites.
Wow, I found a way to actually compete with "CHECKING OUT!!" SCHREFF!!!!!
Freddybnj_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:08 AM   #6173
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddybnj_2004
Wow, I found a way to actually compete with "CHECKING OUT!!" SCHREFF!!!!!
On no. Freddy, I don't think I can compete with ya at the dinner table. I'll just have to live with winning some A Mains instead.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:17 AM   #6174
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to TVMRocket69 Send a message via Yahoo to TVMRocket69

Yo Barry this is Walker. I use to race with U at Zaks. How U been. I now race at RCO in Hanover Pa. As soon as I get my car registered in Pa. I'll be going to Horsham and Zaks again. Hope your kicking butt when U race. And don't forget to give Ron Hell for me.

Later Bob Walker
AnswerUSA-RC Team Driver, G's R/C Raceway Team Driver, RBMods Team Driver, Kosmic R/C Fuel Team Driver, MurfDogg Motorworks Team Driver, Serpent S811B, Serpent S811t, MurfDogg Powered V-Desizn Carpet Ripper 5
TVMRocket69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:18 AM   #6175
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

There just so happenss to be a great steak house by our hotel in NC should be good...

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:21 AM   #6176
Tech Master

John sorry but I can't make it to the Express race in December. One of the problems with moving. But I'm hopping U will have another in the near future. Maybe U can try to get Horsham to host one. Just a thought.

Later
AnswerUSA-RC Team Driver, G's R/C Raceway Team Driver, RBMods Team Driver, Kosmic R/C Fuel Team Driver, MurfDogg Motorworks Team Driver, Serpent S811B, Serpent S811t, MurfDogg Powered V-Desizn Carpet Ripper 5
Old 11-17-2005, 09:31 AM   #6177
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Sup Bob, Try to make it to Horsham this Sat. You wont be dissapointed. And as far as kicking butt goes.. I'm like 2 seconds a lap off the pace. The competition here is a tad bit more than you are used to Email me if you have any questions or need anything.

robert.barry@cendantssg.com
Old 11-17-2005, 09:38 AM   #6178
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Everyone is going Xray? Youguys must feel "luxury"...

Well I'm gonna keep on keepin on with my G+...when I get it back

TK
Old 11-17-2005, 09:45 AM   #6179
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey TK nothing wrong with the G+, except its about a second a lap slower than everything else
Old 11-17-2005, 09:56 AM   #6180
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Sup Bob, Try to make it to Horsham this Sat. You wont be dissapointed. And as far as kicking butt goes.. I'm like 2 seconds a lap off the pace. The competition here is a tad bit more than you are used to Email me if you have any questions or need anything.

robert.barry@cendantssg.com
I'll start going to horsham next year, probly near the end of the season, By then I'll have my MI2. Right now I'm still running the Axis2. This is my first tyme racing on a indoor Asphalt track. But RCO is cool people there are nice, so next season i'll be rotating.

Later Bob