R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 10-20-2005, 07:50 AM   #5386
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hartman, glad to hear from you, I was afraid you quit racing so you would have more time to iron your shirts!
U.S. DISTRIBUTOR FOR RACE OPT BRAND
barnacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:58 AM   #5387
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
WOW No worries

Thats right, just move outta the way for the EXPRESS TRAIN!!

BEEP!! BEEP!!
U.S. DISTRIBUTOR FOR RACE OPT BRAND
barnacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:15 AM   #5388
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilRuf
Not to knock down Cuffs abilities. He's a great driver and all. But I wouldn't call him the top stock driver in the country. Maybe great on carpet. But he hasn't proven himself much on asphalt yet. I'd hate to say it, but Lopez was a good all around stock driver as well as Dunnigan.

Anyways, just thought I'd comment on that remark. Maybe someday I'll be that good to where I can be called the top stock driver in the country.. haha.. yeah right...
cuffs would win on asphalt if he went to a race.its all in the wheel.
TJ Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:51 AM   #5389
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Bradley
cuffs would win on asphalt if he went to a race.its all in the wheel.
Nobody knew Drew Ellis as an asphalt racer either, and he won the biggest stock race of the year for asphalt. If the car is right, the driver takes care of the rest.

What up TJ?
Old 10-20-2005, 09:55 AM   #5390
Tech Elite

If it were me, I wouldn't be worried about beating Cuffs, I would be worried about beating myself because I was THINKING about Cuffs. The only time another competitor should be on your mind is in the mains when you are racing close on the track.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:30 AM   #5391
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
Nobody knew Drew Ellis as an asphalt racer either, and he won the biggest stock race of the year for asphalt. If the car is right, the driver takes care of the rest.

What up TJ?
Whats up Brandon! Are you racing cleveland?

I agree with you about the car being right. If you have a corally or a xray you will be dialed on rubber or foam. i think the nearest carpet track to me is like 400 miles or something but it dosent matter. if your car is always money just throw it down and try not to hit sh!t!
TJ Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 10:37 AM   #5392
Tech Addict

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!??????

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Freddybnj_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 10:39 AM   #5393
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff

Brandon...

You are soo right about not having the other driver in your head.

Cuffs and I race against eachother on a weekly basis at Horsham. Every time we race eachother, it feels like a national event. We put that much effort into club racing.

Heck, this past weekend, we both made mistakes in the main being worried about what eachother was doing during the race. I had a pretty big lead and threw it away by hitting a pipe. Because I hit that pipe, Jeff made the mistake of looking for where my car was instead of looking at his own. He ended up ripping a wheel off the car because he wasn't watching his car. I am guilty of the same thing as when I hit the pipe, I was looking for Jeff. Another classic "run your own race" kind of deal.

That being said, I think any driver can do well as long as a car is good. Cuffs and I both started out running asphalt at Englishtown. Those were the days. Granted, we didn't know as much then as we do now.

All in good fun guys.

Later,

Jason
Old 10-20-2005, 10:43 AM   #5394
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Bradley
Whats up Brandon! Are you racing cleveland?

I agree with you about the car being right. If you have a corally or a xray you will be dialed on rubber or foam. i think the nearest carpet track to me is like 400 miles or something but it dosent matter. if your car is always money just throw it down and try not to hit sh!t!
Nah, I switch T-giving and x-mas each year with the in-laws. This year is T-giving, so I will make it next year. I plan on stopping by and checking things out though, they live about 30 min from the Holiday Inn.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:45 AM   #5395
JCB
Tech Addict

Jon,

No need to start any friction at the Horsham RC track... we are all friends there and are very competitive for the 5 minute race. After the main is over we all go back to joking around in the pits.

Saturday nights at the track is a time to take a break from reality and our Monday-Friday worries (bills, kids, etc).

If I recall, Jeff never metioned his ability on this forum.... just thought your comment was funny.....

there is a lot of great talent at the Horsham Track.. no need to start a fued....

Just my 2 cents...
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 10:51 AM   #5396
Tech Addict

Plus we all know... I'm the one to catch at the track...
And I mean that in the most literal way....
Will someone, anyone stand at the end of the straight and catch my car???
Thanks.
Freddybnj_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 10:54 AM   #5397
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff

Freddy,

Catching your car is like catching a 200mph fast ball.

It's gonna hurt.

And no more bent aluminum this weekend. I wanna see you wheel that car. I know you can.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:58 AM   #5398
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Amen... With that being said... I still always put my $$ on Cuffs when it comes down to "Showtime"...Just like "Spend a Buck" always in the running and easy $$ bet

Well..Just got done building my BMI FK05 and wow I lost 2 ozs compared to my other chassie set up..set ride heights droped on scales and bang..right on the money...gota love them BMI chassies...

Well dont forget about the Express North South Shoot Out Dec 10th in Goldsboro NC enteries are coming in and more race backers are coming thru everyday...This would be a good place to settle all this smack talk and see who belongs as the new Geico mascot for ducking this event

Dont forget next weekend many of us are going to The Gate for the Classic so lets get those last minute laps in and be ready to bring home some hardware

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 11:00 AM   #5399
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreff
Cuffs and I race against eachother on a weekly basis at Horsham. Every time we race eachother, it feels like a national event. We put that much effort into club racing.
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. We by no means have the caliber of all around drivers on a weekly basis that you guys do, but we have a couple guys who are at the local track 52 weeks a year, and you better be on your game to beat them on there home track. It amazes me that they put so much wrenching, time, and money into every week at the club level. They don't do a whole lot of traveling but at their house they're tough. I guess it's a good thing though, if you have to push at the local level, you feel at home and not out of place having to "step it up" at higher caliber events.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:09 AM   #5400
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Anthony is this you behind me...

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC

Last edited by John Tag; 07-08-2008 at 07:55 PM.
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote