R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 07-24-2005, 09:54 PM   #3931
Tech Addict

Jeff and I came back with some hardware. YEAH BABY!!! Well traction was tough to come by pretty much all weekend. Jeff was able to get his MF2 hooked up pretty good from the looks of it. I was struggling with the T4 a bit, and wasen't truely able to get it to hook up to my likings, but I was still able to drive it. After 3 rounds of qualifying on Saturday Jeff was sitting 2nd in the A main and I was sitting 4th. When we all got to the track Sunday morning, we got all setup and ready to go and start qualifying, RAIN CAME! AND LOTS OF IT! We got a long pretty hard steady rain. As soon as the rain stopped me and acouple others went out in the mud and started digging out little drainage paths, which really cleared the track in a hurry! So within an hour after track work, we were back to racing. We did not bother with a 4th qaulifer we just skipped right into the mains. First main I ran was the with the 8th scale. It was my first week with the car, and was able to put it in 7th of the Bmain. I moved my way up after abit but I starting driving a bit like a dork trying to catch up. About 10mins into the 20 min run, my clutch spring slipped out of the clutch nut. Lets not even go there lol I also have some issues with my rear shocks which I must figure out before the HUGE 8th scale race coming to town this week coming.

Anyways, after that Jeff and I were ready to rock with our trucks! I ended up starting 3rd since the 3rd place qualifier went home due to the rain. At the start of the race, into the first corner Jeff and I passed 1st place, and were 1-2 after 3 laps. Then I had a bad lap and got pushed back to third where I stayed for the rest of the run. Jeff checked-out and took the win! GREAT RUNNING JEFF! I was running a eXpressC2 motor (purchased from Jeff) all weekend long and a eXpress 3300 pack. The C2 is the fastest 19 turn that I have ever owned! Does that thing ever have some rip!

Jeff and I had a great weekend, we worked together all weekend long, and showed great partnership through out the event. It was great! Thank you Jeff for all the tips. I highly respect your advice and use it. You know your stuff man! OH, THANKS FOR PITTING FOR ME IN 8TH SCALE!

Aaron (Stratus)
CEFX
A_Stratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 11:15 PM   #3932
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ill prob will be in wisconsin so i might not be there on sat
Old 07-24-2005, 11:21 PM   #3933
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Wow, Aaron, that's alot of typing. Too tired....just got home! I'll just say that I had an awesome time and the eXpress batteries and motors performed perfectly this weekend I'm glad to be running offroad again.
jeffb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:03 AM   #3934
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Good racing with Brian, Mike and Steve yesterday at the Mushroom bowl ORL in 19 turn. I got bumped out of the A main by 1 second after the 3rd qual so that put me on the poll for the B. Steve took the early lead but had bad luck with a front wheel coming off and had a DNF. I ended up taking second after the race was over. Mike had a very good A main performance swaping the lead back and forth with Latif. Mike had a great pass on the last lap to take the win. Brian took 4th in the A and looked good with his BMI TC4. Good rip with all the Express guys. Motors and batts looked strong all day long! Good job guys and I had fun
Old 07-25-2005, 07:37 AM   #3935
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
ill prob will be in wisconsin so i might not be there on sat

Are you going to see your future inlaws..Did ya spend the $$ yet

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:47 AM   #3936
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just reminding everyone that this Saturday evening at Jackson is under-the-lights racing. Bring your touring cars out for some action.
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:16 AM   #3937
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Fontaine
Good racing with Brian, Mike and Steve yesterday at the Mushroom bowl ORL in 19 turn. I got bumped out of the A main by 1 second after the 3rd qual so that put me on the poll for the B. Steve took the early lead but had bad luck with a front wheel coming off and had a DNF. I ended up taking second after the race was over. Mike had a very good A main performance swaping the lead back and forth with Latif. Mike had a great pass on the last lap to take the win. Brian took 4th in the A and looked good with his BMI TC4. Good rip with all the Express guys. Motors and batts looked strong all day long! Good job guys and I had fun
Thanks John. Your car was fast as well. The track was the roughest thing I have ever been on. My car was like a Pogo Stick out their. Plus having to run a offroad setup ust to keep my chassis off the track!!!!! Overall the car was like normal close but just not where I needed it. Not to tear it down and get it all redone for next time I race and to fix my steering setup on that car once and for all. I will be ordering a ton of gearss for spools and diffs as well.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:24 AM   #3938
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Fontaine
Thanks John- It was good racing with you again. Your right, the Express batteries and motors are the bomb!!!!!!!!!! It was a good "B" main till my car glitched and hit the wall and my tire came off.
I'm going to try to make it to the regionals in a couple of weeks.
WYD- your car was looking good. But just like you said you just need a little something. The only good thing is we don't lack POWER.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:43 AM   #3939
Tech Master

no inlaws Tag and no i didnt spend the money yet.. im going to a race at trackside in wisconsin.. ill be kissing scotties a$$so he will put me in a good qual for vegas lol
Old 07-25-2005, 09:16 AM   #3940
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Steve Bahnatka

look what mr.fairtrace did on saturday....i'll try to upload the video later
Attached Thumbnails
eXpress Motorsports-larry-1.jpg  
Old 07-25-2005, 09:55 AM   #3941
Tech Addict

Jon, I don't know remember the details too well.. under some pretty good medication at the track... LOL!
I did I think like 21 5:06 and 22 5:06 in stock and 19t.
I know Jeff won 19t and I think Pat won Stock.
I can do better in both with a little more practice with the spool.. especially 19turn... I really like the spool with 19 over stock... Don't ask me why?
Freddybnj_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:37 AM   #3942
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
no inlaws Tag and no i didnt spend the money yet.. im going to a race at trackside in wisconsin.. ill be kissing scotties a$$so he will put me in a good qual for vegas lol

Cool, Good Luck.. Don't show all your cards..save them for Vegas..I got $$$ on ya

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
Old 07-25-2005, 12:45 PM   #3943
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Cuffs, can you kiss Scotty's rear-end for me too? Pretty please?!?! (I want a good qualie too.)

Larry says, 'DUDE, this bike is the shiznizzle. I'm taking this bad boy to Horsham every weekend! Seriously, don't make fun!'

Tag, you're betting money on CUFFS!?!?! C'mon, where's your $$$ on me or Dobbs? Oh wait, yeah, Cuffs has been in like twenty National A-mains, won Snowbirds, where I've been in one National A-main. Okay, yeah, I see your point.

Well, I am one for one. Doesn't that increase my odds?
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:55 PM   #3944
Tech Champion

I got you on show, I took Cuff across the board w-p-s that way my $$$ was covered.

Old 07-25-2005, 01:02 PM   #3945
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Tag - Those flys still slow in NC?