R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 07-17-2005, 08:10 AM   #3811
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Great day of racing yesterday at Rosewood guys.. Can't wait to return there. I was happy with my results for being the first time there. Now I know my car get's real tight at night there .

Jario, stop walking your radio...Anthony stop standing on my foot during the main . Brandon... Man I thought I would slow you down a little letting ya run my practice motors..but seems like the more ya got the more you broke the track record..Great Job Jario said it won't last long as he see's15-5:01 next week

Mike L and Brandon, Great show in mod. Brandon TQd and didn't win the Mod main till the last lap pass on world class driver Mike L. Goes to show ya gota work to beat the best like Mike. Great show

Jimmy Mac..Lose the green..try pink

FYI all racers in the Goldsboro NC area, The Wood is now carring our products for those looking.

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC

Last edited by John Tag; 07-17-2005 at 10:19 AM.
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 08:22 AM   #3812
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag
Jimmy Mac..Loose the green..try pink
Loose??? In any case dont do it. Dont let him talk you into pink!
Old 07-17-2005, 08:29 AM   #3813
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I tried my best to poke Brandon in the eye....
Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:21 AM   #3814
Tech Champion

Hey Jario, I got to meet the local 5-0 on the way home...I'm sure Anthony got a kick out of that seeing he was not far behind me

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
Old 07-17-2005, 10:49 AM   #3815
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortiz
I tried my best to poke Brandon in the eye....
Yeah, don't stand to the right of Jairo on the driver's stand. His antenna started straight up and constantly kept getting more sideways. I was going to say something but he was in a battle for second, and I didn't want to break his concentration, lol.

About the 15/5:01, it will probably happen, ESPECIALLY if next week is 5-10 deg cooler, yesterday was blistering, and we still went faster. Those guys up there always find a way to up the annie after a new track record is set. It was the same on carpet too, just when people think it can't go faster, somebody works on their car that much more during the week, or buys fresher packs, or something. I don't get the greatest kick out of stock racing, but it's the competition and how close the racing is that makes it fun to run stock there.

Tag's the first guy I've seen tell a state trooper, "nah, I'm sorry, i don't know what the speed limit through here is, we were just Bull Sh***ng and not paying attention." Most people try and help their case to get out of it .
Old 07-17-2005, 10:53 AM   #3816
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Tag- funny how the record came with the ROAR stock. Hard to say if it was the motor or not, but when properly geared, they run just as good.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:30 PM   #3817
Tech Elite

Don't worry Tag, Greens not my color. Just a last minute paint job for Test body running. I don't wanna be an all white car like what Brandon, Anthony, and 3 others guys did up in VA Beach one day... hehe. But pink? I like pink in other places besides car bodies... I'll be sporting my "other" colors again since Jairo keeps trying to talk me into it. It does have some pink in it too..

Anyways, it was a fun day yesterday. Got my stock speed issue all squared away. It was my first day running all eXpress motors and batteries in Stock. I think I may try out one of Tagz Roar Stocks. I prefer the RPM motors out at Rosewood. But his Monsters for fast too! Thanks Jon for the batteries. Got to actually run them hard yesterday. They were killer!!

I'm sure we can break into 16laps in stock. Just give it sometime. August will BE the month for it...

Well I'm not racing next weekend. And I'll be at the TCS in MD on the 31st. Gonna try out one of Tags 19t motors...

R1Wurks
Yokomo YRX12
Ho-B Max
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 06:46 PM   #3818
Tech Champion

Hope to see ya there Jimmy. I will be there, maybe along with batman himself, Tim G. I kinda expect to see some other express guys there too.
punkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 07:15 PM   #3819
Tech Elite

Cool, I'll just look around for a bunch of guys with eXpress shirts..

R1Wurks
Yokomo YRX12
Ho-B Max
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 07:48 PM   #3820
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Tag,

You get your brushes last week? Also you going to the Beat the heat? Or you chickened out on us?

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 07:54 PM   #3821
Tech Champion

Hey Eric, I got them on Monday. THX

Yea..I got feathers I guess...I would like to go,but I got so much going here. Next week I'm off to Sandhills to run off road MFG> cup and the following week to Mytle Beach for another off road show and than to Maryland for there big indoor asphalt touring shoot out and it just continues.

I'm sure we will hook up sooner or later

Old 07-17-2005, 08:37 PM   #3822
Tech Champion

Jr. you got E Mail..THX

Old 07-17-2005, 09:54 PM   #3823
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
Yeah, don't stand to the right of Jairo on the driver's stand. His antenna started straight up and constantly kept getting more sideways. I was going to say something but he was in a battle for second, and I didn't want to break his concentration, lol.

About the 15/5:01, it will probably happen, ESPECIALLY if next week is 5-10 deg cooler, yesterday was blistering, and we still went faster. Those guys up there always find a way to up the annie after a new track record is set. It was the same on carpet too, just when people think it can't go faster, somebody works on their car that much more during the week, or buys fresher packs, or something. I don't get the greatest kick out of stock racing, but it's the competition and how close the racing is that makes it fun to run stock there.

Tag's the first guy I've seen tell a state trooper, "nah, I'm sorry, i don't know what the speed limit through here is, we were just Bull Sh***ng and not paying attention." Most people try and help their case to get out of it .
hey good run brandon on the bck to bck win and also what anthony was mad at just askin cya reggie
Old 07-17-2005, 10:35 PM   #3824
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Great weekend here in OK for Express. Ran truck and buggy this weekend and with full heats in each, took 1st and 2nd in the classes. In truck I had the win by 10 ft. and came over the last jump before the line and ran into parked lapped traffic...in the line...And 2nd pulled around for a .06 win.

Can't wait to get up to Nats this week and see you guys....Hey Jon, when do you plan on getting there? I am coming in Thurs. morning/afternoon....and hopefully we're trying to get an earlier flight maybe on Wed. to get there earlier.

Mark S.- Did you get my e-mail about the pit spot situation bro?

TK
Old 07-17-2005, 11:05 PM   #3825
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Melton

Who is Tag? I remember a state trooper stopping a certian Tagliamont"A" at 8 something in the AM
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote