R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 06-18-2005, 07:27 PM   #3451
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yup...always willing to lend a hand...it was nice...brought back alot of old
E-Town offroad memories.

The new Horsham dirt track is killer...now I just have to find an 1/8 scale ride.

Congrats on the win Larry!
LATIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:30 PM   #3452
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Hey Latiff, I got a indoor 1/8 track 10 min from my house

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:35 PM   #3453
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS STORTI

yeah horsham is the bomb looking as we speak ill have an 1/8 burner by saturday
DENNIS STORTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:38 PM   #3454
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Tag,

The Easley track is nothing like Rosewood and Durham. Easley has no traction whatsoever compared to the wood and Durham. Its pretty cool that you moved down here. I hope to make it out to Durham next week, it was good to put a face behind the name. What are you gonna run 19t or Stock?

Jairo
Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:47 PM   #3455
Tech Champion

I just saw a post that there running stock, I will be there next week with Anthony..Hope to see you there.

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
Old 06-18-2005, 07:51 PM   #3456
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

stock it is... looks like both Brandon and Anthony had a great day today.
Cya next week.
Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:56 PM   #3457
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Jairo - send me a message so I can get your e-mail addy in: jwilliams@tmxpress.net
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:56 PM   #3458
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Steve Bahnatka

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATIF

The new Horsham dirt track is killer...now I just have to find an 1/8 scale ride.
i just got one off a friend yesterday...off to HobbyHut tomorrow w/ scoob.! i've never raced offroad,or nitro..it shall be interesting..
Old 06-18-2005, 08:03 PM   #3459
Tech Champion

Tyler, you will be proud of me today ..I ran some practice laps with my t4..Man that thing is DIALED. Just dont like the clean up

Old 06-18-2005, 08:17 PM   #3460
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Thanks for the ponies and ride today Tag. Was able to beat my own track record that I set in cooler temps with other motor and batts. Don't worry the track you're going to next week has more traction than today .
Old 06-18-2005, 08:33 PM   #3461
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (99%+)

I haven't been to the Durham track this year so you will have to trust Brandon.... LOL

John PM me you number I can seem to find it

Well today was FUN! We had 5 guys that qual. within 3 secs. of each other.
I tq'ed and won! So that was 2 tq's and a win for eXpress is the South!

So it was a good day!

To bad Brandon can't keep his belt up!
Old 06-18-2005, 08:43 PM   #3462
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

No problem Jon, Supporting the fellow racers is what its all about

Nice pics on your site too
Old 06-18-2005, 08:56 PM   #3463
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprsme
To bad Brandon can't keep his belt up!
Yeah, the belt had too much to drink. It skipped the belt off the front spool pully because the magnets in the can were so strong, when I got on the brake in the 180, pop. I couldn't even run the motor on the T35 with out it cutting off at 1.5V .
Old 06-18-2005, 09:08 PM   #3464
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (99%+)

26 Tips for Yankees moving South
Save all manner of bacon grease. You will be instructed later how to use it.

If you forget a Southerner's name, refer to him (or her) as "Bubba". You have a 75% chance of being right.

Just because you can drive on snow and ice does not mean we can. Stay home the two days of the year it snows.

If you do run your car into a ditch, don't panic. Four men in the cab of a four wheel drive with a 12-pack of beer and a tow chain will be along shortly. Don't try to help them. Just stay out of their way. This is what they live for.

Don't be surprised to find movie rentals and bait in the same store.

Do not buy food at the movie store.

If it can't be fried in bacon grease, it ain't worth cooking, let alone eating.

Remember: "Y'all" is singular. "All y'all" is plural. "All y'all's" is plural possessive.

There is nothing sillier than a Northerner imitating a southern accent, unless it is a southerner imitating a Boston accent.

Get used to hearing, "You ain't from around here, are you?"

Don't be worried that you don't understand anyone. They don't understand you either.

The first Southern expression to creep into a transplanted Northerner's vocabulary is the adjective "Big ol'", as in "big ol' truck"or "big ol' boy". Eighty-five percent begin their new southern influenced dialect with this expression. One hundred percent are in denial about it.

The proper pronunciation you learned in school is no longer proper.

Be advised: The "He needed killin'" defense is valid here.

If attending a funeral in the South, remember, we stay until the last shovel of dirt is thrown on and the tent is torn down.

If you hear a Southerner exclaim, "Hey, y'all, watch this!" stay out of his way. These are likely the last words he will ever say.

Most Southerners do not use turn signals, and they ignore those who do. In fact, if you see a signal blinking on a car with a southern license plate, you may rest assured that it was on when the car was purchased.

Northerners can be identified by the spit on the inside of their car's windshield that comes from yelling at other drivers.

The winter wardrobe you always brought out in September can wait until November.

If there is the prediction of the slightest chance of even the most minuscule accumulation of snow, your presence is required at the local grocery store. It does not matter if you need anything from the store, it is just something you're supposed to do.

Satellite dishes are very popular in the South. When you purchase one it is to be positioned directly in front of your trailer. This is logical bearing in mind that the dish cost considerably more than the trailer and should, therefore, be displayed.

Florida is not considered a southern state. There are far more Yankees than Southerners living there.

In southern churches you will hear the hymn, "All Glory, Laud and Honor". You will also hear expressions such as, "Laud, have mercy","Good Laud", and "Laudy, Laudy, Laudy".

As you are cursing the person driving 15 mph in a 55 mph zone, directly in the middle of the road, remember, many folks learned to drive on a model of vehicle known as John Deere, and this is the proper speed and lane position for that vehicle.

You can ask a Southerner for directions, but unless you already know the position of key hills, trees and rocks, you're better off trying to find it yourself.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:36 PM   #3465
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
Thanks for the ponies and ride today Tag. Was able to beat my own track record that I set in cooler temps with other motor and batts. Don't worry the track you're going to next week has more traction than today .
he brandon how u come out u went to the wood holla at me to see what u going to do run mod i talk to mike lafaso erly this week he wants to come to durham cya reggie hey im gone wireless and love it on the lap top can keep up what going on when i travel
tc3 racer sc is offline   Reply With Quote